Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Current List of Wii U games
Aliens; Colonal Marines - Will probably play this on PC due to controls. However I am interested in seeing it, the devs have hyped that version up the most.
Assassins Creed III - Never got into these but would try it
Batman: Arkham City - Already played it twice over, although if its a complete version I may grab it when its a lot cheaper. I can easily see how the Wii U can improve this game.
Battlefield (Untitled) - EA's higher ups have been talking up the potential of this, they seem very positive and from what they have said it sounds like it could be more like BF2 than BF3 which is MORE than welcoming.
Darksiders II - Would probably have finished it before E3
Dirt Racing - I know nothing about this
Dragon Quest X - I don't care about this series anymore, Square Enix just don't cut it for me lately.
F1 (Untitled) - Meh F1
Killer freaks from outer space - Looks very interesting, a different spin on a genre that is getting a touch stale.
Lego city stories - This could be a system seller COULD. It has potential if it is done right and what with GTA not really being that much fun to mess around on now and Saints Row is getting samey this could be very welcoming and could easily eat into my gaming time...if its done right.
Metro: Last light - I'm in two minds, its also on PC and I prefer PC controls, if there was Wiimote+nunchuck support than I could I'd go for that but no way would grab the console version it if its just dual sticks
Ninja Gaiden III - lol hell no, see other thread
Pikmin III - Day one purchase. I see no reason to how this could not be released on launch seeing it was originally developed on Wii back in 2008.
Project Cars - I know little of this
Project Nova - I know little of this but it is by Vicarus Visions who have done some good games but also some incredibly awful ones.
Rabbids (Untitled) - Unless its like Rabbids Go Home GTFO
Super Mario (Untitled) - Its Mario and its bound to be fun although Mario 3D Land is the first proper Mario game that I've ever had that I actually sold. Not a bad game, its very good but I can't see me playing that one again.
Super Smash bros Next - As long as its up there with the first three than I'm in. We wont see this for ages though
Tekken (Untitled) - Never into Tekken, pass
Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Online - PC version is free to play, Wii U *shrug*. Depends on the content.
Zelda (Untitled) - Skyward Sword restored my faith after not loving the ones after Wind Waker. Miyamoto said he wants to be in control of the next Zelda game...not sure if that means Wii U or 3DS. Either way I'll buy it
Your shape Wii U - Nah, not unless I end up living with another women again.

Homefront 2 I think was announced for Wii U, the first one was meh but this one is by Crytek UK who used to be Free Radical Design...they have the good staff from Rare and did Timesplitters, Second Sight and erm Haze...but we tend to forget about that game.

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna copy Hadrian.

Aliens; Colonal Marines: Never been too interested in the franchise. I played a small, small bit of the latest AvP game and it was kinda interesting but nothing I'd go nuts over.
Assassins Creed III: I'll just get the Xbox 360 version, I've really started liking the franchise more with Revelations. I mean I enjoyed ACII and Brotherhood but Revelations, which I expected to be average, was actually pretty good, especially from a narrative standpoint (something the series has flopped hard on from time to time).
Batman: Arkham City: I played Arkham Asylum but never played this. I'll just buy the Xbox 360 version if I have to.
Battlefield (Untitled): Only Battlefield experience I have is like 1 hour of the BF3 beta which was really uninteresting to me.
Darksiders II: Darksiders wasn't THAT bad but this isn't a system seller at all or worth $60. Maybe worth getting when it's like $10 used.
Dirt Racing: Huh?
Dragon Quest X: Can't say I've enjoyed a single Dragon Quest game ever.
F1 (Untitled): I don't speak European
Killer freaks from outer space: Looked kinda interesting from the brief bit I saw but nothing system seller worthy.
Lego city stories: Huh?
Metro: Last light: Played a bit of 2033 and it seemed like an interesting game with good ideas but suffered from some deep flaws. I may as well get the Xbox 360 version anyway.
Ninja Gaiden III: Nope.
Pikmin III: Can't say I ever thought the series was fun.
Project Cars: Huh?
Project Nova: Huh?
Rabbids (Untitled): Like Hadrian, unless it's Rabbids Go Home, I won't give a shit.
Super Mario (Untitled): I enjoy the platformers but they stopped being killer apps for me. Kinda realized there were better platformers on other platforms, like Rayman Origins. I even liked Alice: Madness Returns for its really fantastic atmosphere and the gameplay was rather solid.
Super Smash bros Next: SSBB was a system seller for the Wii and I don't really regret buying the game but it made me get into a console I couldn't really enjoy until I started pirating, and even then I stopped enjoying it once I got a Xbox 360.
Tekken (Untitled): Bleh. Like why does this come out on literally every platform? I can't say I ever enjoyed the fighting mechanics and a game like Soul Calibur is a lot more fun.
Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Online: Never cared to follow it.
Zelda (Untitled): I could go into a long article on how my interest here has depleted, especially with Skyward Sword, but I'll save that for a blog or something:
Your shape Wii U: God what a confusing title. It's Your Shape, but it's for We. And it's also for U still. I just Nintendo kinda branded the system better.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I'm hyping for the rumored 3 new franchises Nintendo has been working on.
Most of the games I've already played or probably will play on PC.
And I'm with Hadrian concerning Zelda, Skyward Sword renewed my faith in the series, I haven't liked one since Wind Waker.

I played SS in hero mode and it was a blast, it was more of a punchout-esque stealth game that way, very unique and hard.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
God look at those very long posts.
Why does everyone hate on tekken? Its awesome :yayps3:
Although on the wii u im not sure what will happen :unsure:

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God look at those very long posts.
Why does everyone hate on tekken? Its awesome :yayps3:
Although on the wii u im not sure what will happen :unsure:

WHO hates on Tekken? Fools! I mean, as a long-time Tekken player (probably the only game I come even close to being good at), I can say that the series devolved after Tekken 5 (even Tekken 5: DR ruined a lot of good things), but for average-joe gamer, it's still pretty awesome. I have no problem playing the new games at the casual level, and I've been waiting practically forever for Tekken on Nintendo consoles. Definitely a big plus for me if I choose to get a 3DS (not likely to get another console, but we'll see).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHO hates on Tekken? Fools! I mean, as a long-time Tekken player (probably the only game I come even close to being good at), I can say that the series devolved after Tekken 5 (even Tekken 5: DR ruined a lot of good things), but for average-joe gamer, it's still pretty awesome. I have no problem playing the new games at the casual level, and I've been waiting practically forever for Tekken on Nintendo consoles. Definitely a big plus for me if I choose to get a 3DS (not likely to get another console, but we'll see).

The characters all feel uninteresting and the gameplay just seems really focused on memorizing annoying ten-button combos while you can learn a lot of the combos in other fighters much easier.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The only things I'm interested in are Assassin's creed 3, Zelda and Smash Bros.
I seriously hope they wont cancel this Assassin's Creed like they did with the one for 3DS...
Seriously, I bought my 3DS and the next they I heard they cancelled it!

But I'm even seriously doubting if I'll buy it since I'm more of a PC and handheld gamer these days.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Gonna copy Hadrian.

Aliens; Colonal Marines: Never been too interested in the franchise. I played a small, small bit of the latest AvP game and it was kinda interesting but nothing I'd go nuts over.
Assassins Creed III: I'll just get the Xbox 360 version, I've really started liking the franchise more with Revelations. I mean I enjoyed ACII and Brotherhood but Revelations, which I expected to be average, was actually pretty good, especially from a narrative standpoint (something the series has flopped hard on from time to time).
Batman: Arkham City: I played Arkham Asylum but never played this. I'll just buy the Xbox 360 version if I have to.
Battlefield (Untitled): Only Battlefield experience I have is like 1 hour of the BF3 beta which was really uninteresting to me.
Darksiders II: Darksiders wasn't THAT bad but this isn't a system seller at all or worth $60. Maybe worth getting when it's like $10 used.
Dirt Racing: Huh?
Dragon Quest X: Can't say I've enjoyed a single Dragon Quest game ever.
F1 (Untitled): I don't speak European
Killer freaks from outer space: Looked kinda interesting from the brief bit I saw but nothing system seller worthy.
Lego city stories: Huh?
Metro: Last light: Played a bit of 2033 and it seemed like an interesting game with good ideas but suffered from some deep flaws. I may as well get the Xbox 360 version anyway.
Ninja Gaiden III: Nope.
Pikmin III: Can't say I ever thought the series was fun.
Project Cars: Huh?
Project Nova: Huh?
Rabbids (Untitled): Like Hadrian, unless it's Rabbids Go Home, I won't give a shit.
Super Mario (Untitled): I enjoy the platformers but they stopped being killer apps for me. Kinda realized there were better platformers on other platforms, like Rayman Origins. I even liked Alice: Madness Returns for its really fantastic atmosphere and the gameplay was rather solid.
Super Smash bros Next: SSBB was a system seller for the Wii and I don't really regret buying the game but it made me get into a console I couldn't really enjoy until I started pirating, and even then I stopped enjoying it once I got a Xbox 360.
Tekken (Untitled): Bleh. Like why does this come out on literally every platform? I can't say I ever enjoyed the fighting mechanics and a game like Soul Calibur is a lot more fun.
Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Online: Never cared to follow it.
Zelda (Untitled): I could go into a long article on how my interest here has depleted, especially with Skyward Sword, but I'll save that for a blog or something:
Your shape Wii U: God what a confusing title. It's Your Shape, but it's for We. And it's also for U still. I just Nintendo kinda branded the system better.
Wait, so you did the same thing as Hadrian, but instead of giving appraisals of the games, you gave one-sentence dismissals about why you don't care about them
Hurr

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Its stimulates convo anyway which is what this is about.
You should still remove the fact bit since we have actual devs that have stated otherwise, besides it's practically impossible for it to be less powerful than current consoles.
Just a tip if you want your thread to be stickied or at least semi official.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The characters all feel uninteresting and the gameplay just seems really focused on memorizing annoying ten-button combos while you can learn a lot of the combos in other fighters much easier.

If you are the slightest bit interested in what Tekken's gameplay is actually focused on, I'd be glad to elaborate, but for now at least take my word that combo strings are rarely effective. They might trip up someone who has never played the game before, but you'll never find anyone at the intermediate-to-pro level use one (that includes people who play casual). Juggles are a different story, but they became more significant from Dark Resurrection and on - hence why I said the game has been going downhill since then. And even now they play an equal or lesser role in Tekken than say, MVC3... but then we're talking 2D vs 3D.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users