OP
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
wii-u-shiny2.jpg

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata informed the attendees at Nintendo’s shareholder meeting in Kyoto that the company acknowledges that it had a low software output for the 3DS launch and is seriously looking to work on that with Wii U. It’s widely accepted that the first party launch titles for the Nintendo 3DS weren’t strong enough to continuously drive 3DS sales, so it’s great that Nintendo have acknowledged that and are determined to avoid making the same mistake second time around. What would you like to see launch with Wii U?[/p]

Source

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good first party titles that I would like to see on the Wii U at launch

1. Mario series either a platformer or Kart
2. I know it's highly unlikely but anything Zelda
3. New Star Fox
4. New Ice Climber
5. New Punch-Out
6. F-Zero
7. Wario game that isn't made up of a million mini games.

Anything on the above list even just 1 of the above would be great for launch, at least for me.

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nintendo, I just want pikmin, please!
If pikmin is a launch title, I'll buy Wii U day one, otherwise, I'll wait some months to get it.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nice going, guys. One of the major complaints of the wii is that there is pretty much no 3rd party support, and what games do you guys suggest? ANOTHER Mario (kart)? ANOTHER Zelda?
rolleyes.gif
Jeez...did you even looked outside the nintendo section in your gaming store? Some of those 3rd party games are actually GOOD.
EDIT: nevermiind the above (or even the below part). I missed a part of the thread name.

Gimme the following:
-a GTA game (heck...they can port GTA IV if they want to)
-fallout: something (yes, it can be New vegas)
-a FPS that can hold its own against what the PS3 and xbox360 have to offer (Bioshock infinite...I'm looking in your direction)

Nintendo want to attract the hardcore gamers? Then it better feeds them some games that actually APPEAL to those guys.

No...the only first party game I would look forward to is F-zero. But I'd go with any futuristic high speed racing game. Or any other racing game that throws realism out of the window (c'mon EA: show us you're nintendo's bitch now and give us a nice burnout game)

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wever said:
Nice going, guys. One of the major complaints of the wii is that there is pretty much no 3rd party support, and what games do you guys suggest? ANOTHER Mario (kart)? ANOTHER Zelda?
rolleyes.gif
Jeez...did you even looked outside the nintendo section in your gaming store? Some of those 3rd party games are actually GOOD.

Gimme the following:
-a FPS that can hold its own against what the PS3 and xbox360 have to offer (Bioshock infinite...I'm looking in your direction)
if you had been paying attention you'd know this thread is about 1st party releases
and pretty much all 3 of them games have been confirmed to be coming to the Wu from 3rd party.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Mario Kart is just about the only first party title I know I will really enjoy. Mario platformers aren't my thing, Zelda isn't my thing and Metroid Prime neither. I can play those games for about 10 hours but then I quickly lose interest in them. Except Mario Kart, I love those games.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
machomuu said:
That title is misleading, they didn't say anything close to that.

I think you are right.....
But it sparkled a nice discussion here.
Good to see people are excited about this, F-Zero would be AAmazing !

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care. A third party is a must and is a key since Wii failed at third party.

machomuu said:
That title is misleading, they didn't say anything close to that.

Yeah, that title is misleading and according to the news Nintendo mentioned didnt say anything most of it. Please fixed the title to avoid the misleading. *ROLLING EYES*

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Bladexdsl said:
Wever said:
rolleyes.gif

Gimme the following:
if you had been paying attention you'd know this thread is about 1st party releases
and pretty much all 3 of them games have been confirmed to be coming to the Wu from 3rd party.
You're right (at least on the paying attention part...dunno of those games). Sorry about that.
blush.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: she was an apple appstore girl he was an uptodown boy