Gaming ***WII Update 3.0U/E/J - FAQ***

fredbileu

Trophies
XP
Country
pnut, thank you,
I always heard that imgburn and 4x was the best for wii, but I tried 8x in Nero and worked for me. Thank you.

superkris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Simple solution that worked for me twice:

1 change country from your country to another eg Canada to US, or from Germany to UK
2. goto wiiconnect24 settings and accept agreement
3. goto news channel and you probably still can't download
4. change country back
5. accept wiiconnect24 agreement
6. poweroff wii by holding power button and then power it back on
7. goto everybody vote, it will ask you to set region. set region
8. goto news channel and it works.Â

Worked for me. In my ccase, problem had nothing to do with modchips being there or not, but with removing the battery. (So this is perhaps off topic, but from experience I know how frustrating this issue can be).

Good luck!

Totally worked for me! My news channel was out since my wiikey install and I did not wanted to format my wii to "repair" it! Thanks a lot Pannet...Ou plutôt merci!

boxbox10

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
NTSC-U w/ Wiikey. Updated to 3.0U. Disc types I had for backups were FujiFilm DVD-R recorded at 4X using imgburn, then TDK DVD-R burned at 8X using Nero.

The ones burned at 4X are giving me problems, but they were giving me problems beforehand because of the speed and app used to burn. But now more often than not.

The ones recorded on Nero at 8X are working fine.

Online is fine for Mario Strikers.

Channels are fine.

Hope that helps!

i use imgburn with verbatim DVD+R disc @ 16X. no problem for me at all.

boxbox10

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
NTSC-U w/ Wiikey. Updated to 3.0U. Disc types I had for backups were FujiFilm DVD-R recorded at 4X using imgburn, then TDK DVD-R burned at 8X using Nero.

The ones burned at 4X are giving me problems, but they were giving me problems beforehand because of the speed and app used to burn. But now more often than not.

The ones recorded on Nero at 8X are working fine.

Online is fine for Mario Strikers.

Channels are fine.

Hope that helps!

i use imgburn with verbatim DVD+R disc @ 16X. no problem for me at all.

upgraded to 3.0U from 2.2U yesterday, original Wii Sport works fine, and i just tried Drivers (PAL), works fine too. so i guess there's no problem for the upgrade.
oh, and vote channel works fine too!

Superlemons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried to upgrade without removing the chip first? If so, did it still do fine or will it brick the wii?

Thanks,

Superlemons

manprod

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
Just done the upgrade today, all good as i have now version 3.0....however mt games does not work anymore !!! None of theme are recognised when i insert the disc in the slot, the top left icon doesn't show the usual visual of the game. When i click on the disc it says "initiating a Wii systeme update" when i click "ok" i received a message " The wii update failed" and the wii restart.
Is anyone has the same issue as me ?
I'm in th UK

Thanks

Tank5890

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PAL - Chipset Unknown - Wiikey - 2.2U - Umm....

Well most of what happens to everyone else happens to me. GCOS works, Config disc only works with GCOS.

However today, I put my NTSC Sonic Gems collection burn in (with an itching to play Sonic R), and it didn't work. No error message, just black screen. So I tried to load it with GCOS, and it worked just fine.

Now I haven't played this game for months, so I'm honestly only half sure that it worked without GCOS before the update. Also, I always aim to download PAL versions, so it's my only NTSC Gamecube game (NTSC Wii games work fine, or at least Super Paper Mario does). So this is only an educated guess that the fact it's NTSC is anything to do with it, as well as just an educated guess that the update is involved.

So since this is my only NTSC game, I have to ask the obvious question, DO other-region Gamecube games run with the Wiikey without GCOS? Has this feature ceased for anyone post-update? Hell maybe one of you in the PAL region has downloaded this exact game, test it to see if it's not just my problem?

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Well most of what happens to everyone else happens to me. GCOS works, Config disc only works with GCOS.

However today, I put my NTSC Sonic Gems collection burn in (with an itching to play Sonic R), and it didn't work. No error message, just black screen. So I tried to load it with GCOS, and it worked just fine.

Now I haven't played this game for months, so I'm honestly only half sure that it worked without GCOS before the update. Also, I always aim to download PAL versions, so it's my only NTSC Gamecube game (NTSC Wii games work fine, or at least Super Paper Mario does). So this is only an educated guess that the fact it's NTSC is anything to do with it, as well as just an educated guess that the update is involved.

So since this is my only NTSC game, I have to ask the obvious question, DO other-region Gamecube games run with the Wiikey without GCOS? Has this feature ceased for anyone post-update? Hell maybe one of you in the PAL region has downloaded this exact game, test it to see if it's not just my problem?
Apparently there are some problems like wii games with cross-region compatibility i think.. But they all work perfectly fine if you stick em in a gcos multiboot.. which saves u discspace too
wink.gif

pnut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried to upgrade without removing the chip first? If so, did it still do fine or will it brick the wii?

Thanks,

Superlemons

My Wii has the Wiikey and I did not remove it when I did the Update to 3.0U. Everything was fine. I even noticed that the games loaded faster

Has anyone noticed that the "Put your strap on" screen doesn't have the noise when you hit A?

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Well most of what happens to everyone else happens to me.  GCOS works, Config disc only works with GCOS.

However today, I put my NTSC Sonic Gems collection burn in (with an itching to play Sonic R), and it didn't work.  No error message, just black screen.  So I tried to load it with GCOS, and it worked just fine.

Now I haven't played this game for months, so I'm honestly only half sure that it worked without GCOS before the update.  Also, I always aim to download PAL versions, so it's my only NTSC Gamecube game (NTSC Wii games work fine, or at least Super Paper Mario does).  So this is only an educated guess that the fact it's NTSC is anything to do with it, as well as just an educated guess that the update is involved.

So since this is my only NTSC game, I have to ask the obvious question, DO other-region Gamecube games run with the Wiikey without GCOS?  Has this feature ceased for anyone post-update?  Hell maybe one of you in the PAL region has downloaded this exact game, test it to see if it's not just my problem?
I still have a pal 2.2E with wiikey ; and some game did not work without gcos.

punto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi..

Is it possible to update to 3.0J without an internet connection? (like from running a game that carries it?) I have a NTSC-J with a wiikey

thanks.

soulessavatar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone can tell me if they have updated to 3.0U and have ntsc/wiikey'd n jap games r still works cuz my bleach isn't working anymore and i am wondering if 'cut-off' the region free play of the chip...i have read the first post on this topic but since i am a noob... i need like laymans term for myself so if anyone can tell me it would b great

estebangh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I finally get rid of the problem... this is what I did:

I updated from 2.2U to 3.0U and to my sad luck (because today is my birthday) no more backups for me... after almost I was going in tears
cry.gif
I booted a multigame (gamecube) disc, then I pushed Reset button, loaded a backup and now again I can play my backups!

I suppose it's because it has the GCOS.
unsure.gif

Well... see ya and wish me a happy birthday (maybe the happiest of all) because my present was the WII!
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76bIuU_g6A8