Wii yellow light - no image

gorgyrip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I got this wii with the following issue: when I plug the power supply, the LED goes red for a fraction of a second and then it changes to yellow/orange (can't tell the exact color).
When I press the power button, the led changes to green, but i get no picture on composite or component. The tv says: "no signal".
The remote can't be synced (that rules out the possibility with an issue on the AVE)
The disc can be inserted and ejected.
I tried to hold reset while power on in hope there's priiloder installed.
I've also used a sd card with the bootmii files.

The serial starts with LEH17
Is it a hardware issue or a full brick? I've never seen a wii with a yellow/orange led...

Last edited by gorgyrip,

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yellow Light means that the console has WiiConect24 enabled. It indicates that even in "standby mode" is able to download data from the Internet such as WiiBoard letters, Weather Forecast, New's Channel content, game's exclusive on-line features, etc. That's not an issue.

By the way you describe this, it seems like you (or previous owner) attempted to install a Wii Menu and got bricked in the attempts of doing so.
Only way to recover is if you have a copy of the NAND before the brick happened.

Even if you don't have a copy of the NAND, if you're still able to access PriiLoader, and BootMii and the Homebrew Channel, you could attempt to reinstall a System Menu.

If you can't access PriiLoader, then there's nothing you can do.

gorgyrip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thank you for your answer. I've read about the yellow light regarding standby mode and downloads, but maybe it also means something else?
It seems there's no priiloader or bootmii install.
Judging by the serial number, the console has a boot1b. I just want to make sure it's a full brick and not a hardware issue before removing the nand to manually install bootmii.
PS; there's no nand backup since the person that gave the console to me, got it from the flee market.

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you for your answer. I've read about the yellow light regarding standby mode and downloads, but maybe it also means something else?
It seems there's no priiloader or bootmii install.
Judging by the serial number, the console has a boot1b. I just want to make sure it's a full brick and not a hardware issue before removing the nand to manually install bootmii.
PS; there's no nand backup since the person that gave the console to me, got it from the flee market.
The only hardware issue that could cause this is a faulty Bluetooth or loose WiFi module.
So, open up your console, and reconnect those and check if it turns on normally.

EDIT: Can't remember if WiFi and Blueetooth board are the same pcb... so... anyway...

Other than that I'm not familiar with possible hardware issues that could make a Wii turn on but not display a picture.

Last edited by JuanMena,

gorgyrip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thank you. Weird, the console was never opened before, but there was corrosion only on the connector on the wifi module on the inside, but also on the outside. On the ouside 2 pins were bridged by it. I've cleaned it and resoldered those 2 pins and now it's working.

The yellow led is now red. Maybe because I've changed the internet connection settings?
I can't believe I've got scared of a yellow light :) I was thinking of the ps3 YLOD.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you. Weird, the console was never opened before, but there was corrosion only on the connector on the wifi module on the inside, but also on the outside. On the ouside 2 pins were bridged by it. I've cleaned it and resoldered those 2 pins and now it's working.

The yellow led is now red. Maybe because I've changed the internet connection settings?
I can't believe I've got scared of a yellow light :) I was thinking of the ps3 YLOD.
Awesome news. Hope it stays like this.
The yellow/orange light indeed is the Wii not fully turning off for WiiConnect24 or whatever this thing was called.

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Did it turned on?
Hope that was able to fix your Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol