LAME...
hate2.gif

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jeez, even my broke ass doesn't think this is so bad.
tongue.gif
I mean its not like its a monthly fee or anything.

BTW, when we donate, do we get to select a username and PW?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jservs7 said:
Jeez, even my broke ass doesn't think this is so bad.
tongue.gif
I mean its not like its a monthly fee or anything.

BTW, when we donate, do we get to select a username and PW?

Lol yes you do - does that make u smile ? Fuck i hope i can make someone smile.
Im sure the 2 people who donated 0.01 cent to paypal are smiling - they charge 37 cent for a donation under 1 euro and more as u go up.

geko37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I see that this is the day that User help Users with covers and boxart is not the only ! I think that they only will make money ! Traffic ? Yes there is many traffic thats sure but i am Admin on a very very great Board with many Users. The Users load there many things. Gig is nothing. But it´s a Hobby and no User must pay for this. I Hope there are other User with Space make a new site.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You have space geko - why dont u make a site ?
are you ready for 1000 gigs of data transfer, people hacking the site , people bitching at u because they dont know how to resize an image , giving out because they image they want hasnt been released yet, and giving out because even though all the images are free , to download them in a 1 gig zip file they have to donate a euro for bandwidth and they are too lazy to get the covers one by one for FREE on the site ,...... YES THE COVERS ARE STILL FREE IF YOU GET THEM ONE BY ONE ?

Posts merged

You would swear people were being forced to use the site.
If you object, dont use the site , simple as that- stop being woman and bitching, im not forcing anyone to use my system.

Its there for people who appreciate it .

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dancemonkey said:
Hi, will the full covers be back up soon?

Thanks.

Im uploading them as we speak - 850 megs of full covers , so its slow going unfortunately as uploading is slower than downloading
frown.gif

But they are going up one by one

bluescreen81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i dont wanted to join a discussion like that... but as you can see now im doin it...

well 1st of all - thanks to djtaz for the nice site and work you did till now...
---------------------------
thats what i heard or read here:
djtaz maade the files user/pwd protected because of the high bandwith and the work? they or he got with it.
the user/pw's are only available if you donate ? (correct me if im wrong please.)

at least we are like a big family here we want to help each other we want to keep most things free / open source because we want to get a fking big community.
if its right what i wrote above, why didnt you asked someone or on gbatemp for ppl which will give you space for your Site ?
Some Countries like Germany got much Hosters with unlimited bandwith f.e. so i bet it wouldn't be a problem at all...
But if you want to have donations for the work you did etc...
what should other ppl do now like the owners / coders of the tons of loader and good homebrew or maybe waninkoko.
btw. im visiting your site sometimes and i see 2 big google adsense. (isnt this enough, maybe we can add to visit the addsense link in background while downloading covers etc
biggrin.gif
)

thats what i just wanted to say - if its wrong what i read its ok
biggrin.gif
but you know my point now.

Things are gettin more complicated as they should be, everything can be done easily - together.

Regards blue

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's Mega BITS per second, not Mega BYTES per second. Something slightly less than 5MB/s, which means he has a pretty killer download speed. Probably on a Fiber Optic of some kind. It's a little more than twice my download speed.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bluescreen81 said:
i dont wanted to join a discussion like that... but as you can see now im doin it...

well 1st of all - thanks to djtaz for the nice site and work you did till now...
---------------------------
thats what i heard or read here:
djtaz maade the files user/pwd protected because of the high bandwith and the work? they or he got with it.
the user/pw's are only available if you donate ? (correct me if im wrong please.)

at least we are like a big family here we want to help each other we want to keep most things free / open source because we want to get a fking big community.
if its right what i wrote above, why didnt you asked someone or on gbatemp for ppl which will give you space for your Site ?
Some Countries like Germany got much Hosters with unlimited bandwith f.e. so i bet it wouldn't be a problem at all...
But if you want to have donations for the work you did etc...
what should other ppl do now like the owners / coders of the tons of loader and good homebrew or maybe waninkoko.
btw. im visiting your site sometimes and i see 2 big google adsense. (isnt this enough, maybe we can add to visit the addsense link in background while downloading covers etc
biggrin.gif
)

thats what i just wanted to say - if its wrong what i read its ok
biggrin.gif
but you know my point now.

Things are gettin more complicated as they should be, everything can be done easily - together.

Regards blue

I have said this quite a few times - the site hit 1000 gigs of bandwidth after 24 or 25 days this month so the move was 2 fold ,
1. it was to reduce the bandwidth usage on the site
2. It was to pay for the extra bandwidth that would be used by members.

I had 2 choice from what i could see and one was to close the site , the second was to limit things somehow , which i have done.
The adverts get me about a euro and were also only implimented when i say the bandwidth hit 1000 gigs as a precaution.

The site is still free and people can get any covers they want for free , its just mass downloading in any form thats limited - but in fairness - 1 euro (non recurring) for the ability to mass download at any time isnt exaclty going to kill anyone , and if it does , they can still use the normal section to get anything they want.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sites gone again - i may just leave it for a week and see if anyone comes up with anything else - i spent 4 hours uploading a new site today and a few mins before it was done with went again.

I may check tomorrow.

Ultim8

Trophies
XP
Country
Taz have you changed all your passwords and can you have a look at the server logs to see what IP addy is connecting to do this?
If you need help PM me
wink.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The permissions on the root site folder are being changed - i can get to the folder but the site wont allow me to change it back again.
Standard access wont allow anyone to do that , but php scripts would let someone change the permisions.

The hosting company can change it back but they are slow as hell to do anything - if i had ssh access i could reset it myself but i dont.
I can re-upload everything again and have a backup ready to go in case it happens again but its quite painful as uploading takes 4 hours - luckily im going to sleep now so ill start it and ill make 20 backups ready to rename when it happens again.

if that doesnt sort it out ill just forget about the site cause its pointless if someone keeps breaking it

Ultim8

Trophies
XP
Country
Taz maybe give me a backup i have a 100mb server that way if they take it down we can get it backup in a few minutes, also i will see if i can get a script to change the root permissions so you dont have to wait for the server company
wink.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i tried one already and it failed so i think they change the owner as well
I have another server on the same lan so im putting the site on that too as a backup

I should be able to transfer a lot faster once thats up - i stopped the transfer to get the actual site back up fast.

I may also recode the site to take the images out of the main site as this is whats taking the time, if i move them out it will speed the whole process up to take about 3 minutes, but it all takes time which is now limited with work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew +1