Hacking WiiFlow 4 The Masterpiece Pack by Abz

Oo_Ice_Deep_oO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a difference between the masterpiece pack and the master mod pack. I am looking for source menu icons for OpenBOR and CPSiii that I am missing and was going to check the download links. One of the links is for the mastermod the other for the masterpiece.

There are two links, one to the 2016 pack that is linked both in this thread and on the wiiflow wiki. That one does not have the source menu icons I am looking for. This is disappointing as on page 6 of this thread Abz said he made the OpenBOR icons in 2013. The other link which is from Reddit, I have tried to download six times, even with a download manager and it hangs on the last couple of kilobytes every time.

Anway if anyone knows the difference between the packs or how to find the two source menu icons I am looking for let me know.

It turns out the 2016 does not have a FBA core for CPS3 either. So, if anyone knows of a wiiflow core for that as well.

Last edited by Oo_Ice_Deep_oO,

XxGr33nGoblinxX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a video explaining the setup of the abz masterpiece? I’m new to modding and I’m getting confused with all of the installing wads, iOS, and dealing with nand and emunand. The Wii is already hacked and I used miimod to do so. Just confused by setting up the rest of the stuff mentioned.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a video explaining the setup of the abz masterpiece? I’m new to modding and I’m getting confused with all of the installing wads, iOS, and dealing with nand and emunand. The Wii is already hacked and I used miimod to do so. Just confused by setting up the rest of the stuff mentioned.
I'm kinda in the same boat you are. So much information and tutorials and packs all over the place but I had a hard time figuring out which one is the most up to date one that I should be using. I made a post in the main WiiFlow Lite thread and @fledge68 wrote back giving me some better guidance. You may want to check that out and see if it helps you. Link to the post is https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-lite.422685/post-10294284 . I haven't followed his advice yet but will next week when I'm off from work. Hope this helps.

Reactions: XxGr33nGoblinxX

XxGr33nGoblinxX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm kinda in the same boat you are. So much information and tutorials and packs all over the place but I had a hard time figuring out which one is the most up to date one that I should be using. I made a post in the main WiiFlow Lite thread and @fledge68 wrote back giving me some better guidance. You may want to check that out and see if it helps you. I haven't followed his advice yet but will next week when I'm off from work. Hope this helps.
I actually setup rhapsodii before this and it’s visually cool but I couldn’t get mame and gameboy/color/advance to work with wiiflow or coverart which is why I went to the abz masterpiece hoping for better plugins and working coverart. So far better plugins but still issues with mame.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You only need the Plugins Pack
https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-gre...tm-a-call-for-adventurers.563575/post-9031610
The Abz's Master pack was a milestone in history but now it's tremendously outdated, so it's not possible that you will find better plugins in there, on the contrary, you will miss a lot. People often make this mistake when they follow Youtube tutorials (never do that, you mostly get outdated stuff and zero support).

All the necessary information and links can be found in the OP of Wiiflow Lite's thread and in the readme files included in the Plugin's Pack. Yes, it's a lot to read, but not all plugins work in the same way.
For cover issues, read the "Wiiflow usage notes" in the cover thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/cover-collections-part-2.559649/post-8969611

If something is not working, most likely it's because it's miconfigured. Ask for support in the Plugins Pack's thread, and try to be more specific about your WF setup (SD? USB? mixed?)
As I said some plugins work only under certain conditions (bios files, hardcoded directories for .dols or roms and even rom sets versions, in case of Mame2003plus)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/mame2003-compatibility-list.551556/post-8848600

XxGr33nGoblinxX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the responses, sorry I'm new at this. I started trying to setup Wiiflow Lite. Was using an SD card formatted FAT32, just transferred everything over to a 2TB USB Hard Drive formatted FAT32. Tried downloading the 2023 plugin pack but apparently there is a trojan virus in it and I already posted about it.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the responses, sorry I'm new at this. I started trying to setup Wiiflow Lite. Was using an SD card formatted FAT32, just transferred everything over to a 2TB USB Hard Drive formatted FAT32. Tried downloading the 2023 plugin pack but apparently there is a trojan virus in it and I already posted about it.
Yes, I remember that post. I strongly believe that it's a case of 'false positive', the plugins pack has been downloaded and used by a lot of people since its release, I think if it contained a virus, we should have received hundreds of reports or experienced some issues for ourselves. I can say for sure that my PC is still in good health since I started working on it. I'm also sure that nobody who contributed to the PP, including RunningSnakes, has any interest in spreading malicious software. We're all good people. We collected, configured and tested things, for no other reason than passion and fun.

XxGr33nGoblinxX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I remember that post. I strongly believe that it's a case of 'false positive', the plugins pack has been downloaded and used by a lot of people since its release, I think if it contained a virus, we should have received hundreds of reports or experienced some issues for ourselves. I can say for sure that my PC is still in good health since I started working on it. I'm also sure that nobody who contributed to the PP, including RunningSnakes, has any interest in spreading malicious software. We're all good people. We collected, configured and tested things, for no other reason than passion and fun.
Yea everyone so far has been pretty helpful. So I tried to load Wii Flow Lite and it keeps bringing me back to the HBC 🙄. I tried messing around with the Wii Flow Start Configurator and that didn’t do anything. Any suggestions? I’m running everything off of my 2TB external hard drive that’s formatted FAT 32. I have the most recent version of WiiFlow Lite and also installed the updated cIOS as instructed here https://wii.guide/cios. Any ideas?

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yea everyone so far has been pretty helpful. So I tried to load Wii Flow Lite and it keeps bringing me back to the HBC 🙄. I tried messing around with the Wii Flow Start Configurator and that didn’t do anything. Any suggestions? I’m running everything off of my 2TB external hard drive that’s formatted FAT 32. I have the most recent version of WiiFlow Lite and also installed the updated cIOS as instructed here https://wii.guide/cios. Any ideas?
Good morning,

post a syscheck report here, please.

Do you launch Wiiflow from the HBC or the Wiiflow Forwader (channel)?

XxGr33nGoblinxX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
correct syscheck report

how is your external hard drive connected??

your external hard drive may need a Y cable for a better connection with the Wii.
Not sure, one end is USB and the other is unique. It’s a Toshiba hard drive that is supposed to be compatible with 3.0 and 2.0. I’ve had WiiFlow working properly off of an SD card before.
Post automatically merged:

correct syscheck report

how is your external hard drive connected??

your external hard drive may need a Y cable for a better connection with the Wii.
I was able to get WF going by deleting an apparent save file on the Wii system data. It did crash and cause the same issue again and there was another save file again so I deleted it and it seems to be working. Now I have to setup a theme and get some of these emulator plugins and cover arts to work

Last edited by XxGr33nGoblinxX,
Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...