xabby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
fluffykiwi said:
r-win said:
Allright, I guess we should add it to the .ini then, but without interface change. So you'll have to change the ini manually to return to the correct ID.

That would be cool.

You could maybe have it set on an "official" forwarder that could come with the latest stable release, maybe matching the defaultt theme, but allow users to change the ini to support their favourite.

Sure, i think this is the best solution....

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I'm hoping that we'll soon see a more stable release of WiiFlow, because I would love to switch to WiiFlow again
smile.gif
. Currently I don't need more new features (well, except You-Know-The-Thing-With-Fan-Art
tongue.gif
), only a stable release would be great. Basicly, I even think that WiiFow reached a point where it's about polishing (MP3-Playback, more options for the themers, etc.) and no new big Features. But that's just my opinion...

Btw, r-win: What are your plans with games that have a specific case color? Hardcode them like you did before? Ignore them? Integrate downloading the WiiTDB.zip and get the colors from there?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whats the most stable release that has fat32 support?

I hit the 500 limit on wbfs and want to convert everything to fat32 but i know most of the releases have a lot of bugs in them.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
icpmattj said:

I hit the 500 limit on wbfs and want to convert everything to fat32 but i know most of the releases have a lot of bugs in them.

I think r42, set data_on_usb=no in ini, and install games via PC, i use WiiBackupManager

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fluffykiwi said:
icpmattj said:

I think r42, set data_on_usb=no in ini, and install games via PC, i use WiiBackupManager

So the install from wii dvd drive feature is broken in R42?

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
icpmattj said:
fluffykiwi said:
icpmattj said:

So the install from wii dvd drive feature is broken in R42?

Correct, it is being worked on

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fluffykiwi said:
icpmattj said:

What will set data_on_usb=no in ini do?

Just wondering?

Also whats the best method for storing games on fat32 using wiibackup manager? What settings should i use?

I'm currently backing up my whole 1TB wbfs drive to another 1TB wbfs drive and when im done i will reformat the first drive to fat32 and transfer everything back to it from the second drive.Will that be a problem transfering games from wbfs drive to fat32 drive using wii backup manager?

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
icpmattj said:
What will set data_on_usb=no in ini do?

Just wondering?

keeps all the Wiiflow data folders on the SD card an not the USB. You need Fat32 partition in order to store the wiiflow data folders on the USB drive.

QUOTEAlso whats the best method for storing games on fat32 using wiibackup manager? What settings should i use?

I'm currently backing up my whole 1TB wbfs drive to another 1TB wbfs drive and when im done i will reformat the first drive to fat32 and transfer everything back to it from the second drive.Will that be a problem transfering games from wbfs drive to fat32 drive using wii backup manager?

not too sure on that one.. I have never done it. I only use WBFS for games. Take a look at this manager, I have tested it on my MAC and seems to work well

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=214002

or use the latest Wii Game Manager from

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=199...p;#entry2489180

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
Also whats the best method for storing games on fat32 using wiibackup manager? What settings should i use?

No, here will be no problem using Wii Backup Manager. Actually, that's how I did that.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
r-win said:
QUOTE said:

No, here will be no problem using Wii Backup Manager. Actually, that's how I did that.

That's what i plan on using.Its gonna take 17 hours to copy all my games to another wbfs drive then once it's done im going to reformat my original drive to fat32 and transfer everything back.I figure its easier copying everything to another drive then it would be to unrar every file again to add them.

Also r-win any word on a next stable release? that might have game add fixed and coverbug fixed?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Forgot to ask

Can i still use covers on the fat32 partition with R42 as long as i dont download any covers? I think i remember it was downloading covers to fat32 that caused issues.

Also does it have to be R42 249 or R42 222 in order to use fat32?
Also which is recommended?

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
icpmattj said:
Forgot to ask

Can i still use covers on the fat32 partition with R42 as long as i dont download any covers? I think i remember it was downloading covers to fat32 that caused issues.

Also does it have to be R42 249 or R42 222 in order to use fat32?
Also which is recommended?

you can store the covers on FAT32, it is just the download function that is a bit flaky.

I think either 222 or 249 is fine, personal preference mostly. I use 249 as I am using rev19 with base 37 for monster hunter compatability.

Jiiwah

Trophies
XP
Country
France
r-win said:
atupac said:
Finally, Wiiflow works like charm on NTFS => very fatser & stable than GX i must admit r-win ^^

I really like the reboot on the GX-Loader after quitting a game, hope this will be added also!
Yeah, it will. Does anybody know the title ID of the forwarder or channel of wiiflow?

Good Idea, title ID of the forwarders released with Wiiflow 1.1 are :

Wiiflow StarNight Channel Forwarder-WSNF.wad (Light & Full Pack)
WiiFlow Spayrosam Channel Forwarder-WFSF.wad (Full Pack)
WiiFlow Carbonik Channel Forwarder-WFBJ.wad (Full Pack)
WiiFlow Static Channel Forwarder-WFHL.wad (Full Pack)

lazydog

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fluffykiwi said:
you can store the covers on FAT32, it is just the download function that is a bit flaky.

I think that the download bit is ok but it's the conversion to wfc that's the problem.

Having said that I've noticed strangely that of those covers that are corrupt it seems to be only the mid mipmap images that display corrupted. If I switch to a cover flow that shows the covers as tiny (at a distance) then these display ok, similarly very close up as the box turns you can just make out the the highest quality mipmap (I think) is ok, as the box spins and the texture morphs from one mipmap to a sub mipmap you see a change from corrupted to uncorrupted.

Can anyone else confirm this?, I'd love this bug to be fixed and if this helps understand the bug if not known then it may be useful.

r-win: Keep up the great work, you've added some great changes and it is much appreciated.

.:Plasma:.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lazydog said:
fluffykiwi said:

I think that the download bit is ok but it's the conversion to wfc that's the problem.

Having said that I've noticed strangely that of those covers that are corrupt it seems to be only the mid mipmap images that display corrupted. If I switch to a cover flow that shows the covers as tiny (at a distance) then these display ok, similarly very close up as the box turns you can just make out the the highest quality mipmap (I think) is ok, as the box spins and the texture morphs from one mipmap to a sub mipmap you see a change from corrupted to uncorrupted.

Can anyone else confirm this?, I'd love this bug to be fixed and if this helps understand the bug if not known then it may be useful.

r-win: Keep up the great work, you've added some great changes and it is much appreciated.

I think the issue is with the creating/saving of the "cache" files. If you put the covers on the usb disk, load up a previous revision like R25 and let it build the covers cache. Then swap back to r42 covers work fine, so its the generation of the covers cache ... not a problem with displaying them.

Plasma

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
Although the main error may be with the cache, there are problems with the download. The progress bar jumps back and forward a lot, instead of slowly advancing. Nothing major I know but it is noticable and detracts from the experience.

However, as previously advised, if you save the covers on SD Card you can download them fine in r42. Simply add the line data_on_usb=no, as per the original hibernatus release.

you can switch to storing the covers on USB once the bug is ironed out.

I think copying from DVD to USB is only fubared on NTFS drives.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...