Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yes,Swiss-Booter is available for some time thanks to WiiPower's excellent work!
And also I think that Neogamma also supports it.So,can you try please?

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome work, thanks for continuing to support WiiFlow. A couple of questions...

First off - I am a programmer and have hoped to help support WiiFlow in some way aside from donations for some time.

I would like to create an app to parse the WiiTDB database containing the game info - particularly the genre and setup the appropriate categories in WiiFlow so we can get something close to the CFG filter feature. It would be nice to expand that into a general WiiFlow config all like CFG has but for the moment I just want to populate the categories.

Initially I would like to setup these categories based on the WiiTDB genres along with the Ratings on each game:

cat1=Action
cat2=Adventure
cat3=Fighting
cat4=General
cat5=Health
cat6=Music
cat7=Racing
cat8=Role-Playing
cat9=Simulation
cat10=Sports
cat11=Strategy
cat12=Traditional
cat13=Theme
cat14=Others
cat15=-Rating: Early Childhood
cat16=-Rating: Everyone
cat17=-Rating: Everyone 10+
cat18=-Rating: Teen
cat19=-Rating: Mature
cat20=-Rating: Adults Only

In testing r418 I think I found some bugs...

I initially setup 20 categories corresponding to the 20 genres but only 11 show up in the WiiFlow category list even when I setup the [GAMES] section with:

numcategories=21

I am adding 1 to the category count since that is what the default appears to do - list 11 categories but says there are 12.

Each game categories item looks like this in the [CATEGORIES] section:

rmce01=000000010100
sm7e69=010000000011

Obviously this is a simple on/off flag for each category but I only see 12 bits which is not enough to support if the numcategories item is not = 11.

Am I correct that you aren't using the first bit in an item?

Also the page counter (x of y) appears to be calculating incorrectly for the number of items defined by numcategories. Even when it is set to 12 it thinks there are 4 pages instead of 3. And if I try increasing the number so there should be a 5th or 6th page it still only displayed 4.

It will be a relatively easy task to look through the WBFS folder and grab each gameID and set it up under the [CATEGORIES] section but can someone please let me know if we will be limited to 11 categories?

Also is there any limit to the size of the categories.ini file? My game collection just hit 1150 and I am worried that adding that many rows in the categories.ini file might cause problems if it has an inherent size limit.

If someone could please check and get back to me I would greatly appreciate it.

Also - is there a hotkey to get to the Category list or could you add a button on the main screen to display the Categories like the filter button in CFG? That would be awesome.

Thanks!

Albatroz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='FIX94'],,, did you look for issue with music to version above r68+?
cause rev101 still missing sound... but wiiflow r418 is doing fine
thx

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
thx
I compiled a version of r99 last night and found some weird stuff in the wiiflow.ini file - lots of NUL sections at the bottom and it was missing alot of sections of the old ini, including the music section.
I just put that down to development. I did not try using an old ini, which I assume may have fixed it.
BTW, wasn't r69 = r418? (according to change log it was). Music worked in that and the ini looked fine there, at least for me.

hybridLearner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bostonBC, i believe the current limit is 12, 11 categories and 1 for all, which is why 21 doesn't work for you. As to changing this, fix94 would maybe be to one to change it right now, but I don't know how complicated that may or may not be. Currently, if you press B when pointing the cursor over the star the categories menu comes up. As for adding an additional button that is up to the current devs to discuss. WiiFlow has always tried to use a minnimal and sleek design, and when you add buttons, all the themes must be updated to work correctly.

-Spellman

Albatroz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thx
I compiled a version of r99 last night and found some weird stuff in the wiiflow.ini file - lots of NUL sections at the bottom and it was missing alot of sections of the old ini, including the music section.
I just put that down to development. I did not try using an old ini, which I assume may have fixed it.
BTW, wasn't r69 = r418? (according to change log it was). Music worked in that and the ini looked fine there, at least for me.
yes,, r418 used all fixed from 68 and bellow. then rev69 was sync to r418.
Im using same wiiflow.ini from r418,, but I will try to delete my old one to recreate a new one.
thx

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hey Fix,
Can the sync issue be related to meta.xml file and if yes can you link me a working xml to test.
Did u look into games cahe/new games detection problem (I think that deleting the lists folder when u launch wiiflow will fix this permanently)
Actually, I was wondering about that, too. I was actually wondering if it would actually go faster if I just deleted the meta.xml on usb2 so it didn't have to fiddle with it (still leaving the one intact with the forwarder for the HBC). We'll have to see what FIX says when he get's on, though.

For now, here's the meta.xml that is linked to on the wiki: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25620767/WiiflowVersions/HBC/index.html

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bostonBC, i believe the current limit is 12, 11 categories and 1 for all, which is why 21 doesn't work for you. As to changing this, fix94 would maybe be to one to change it right now, but I don't know how complicated that may or may not be. Currently, if you press B when pointing the cursor over the star the categories menu comes up. As for adding an additional button that is up to the current devs to discuss. WiiFlow has always tried to use a minnimal and sleek design, and when you add buttons, all the themes must be updated to work correctly.

-Spellman

Another button would not be necessary, I would think they might be able to make the category page paginated like the settings menu to add more categories or something instead.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still it's not working when I either twist the Wiimote with the "B" button depressed and/or when just twisting the Wiimote. This would be a really nice feature to add to the gui options list within Wiiflow so one doesn't have to edit the .ini.
It should be "true" according to the documentation, but if it said "no" at first then prolly it should be "yes".
I hope FIX or OverjoY can look at it, as far as i know, nothing has changed in this code so i don't know why it does not work anymore.
That's what I thought too but none of those work :( It's ok because I can just use the dpad to move about, but............ having the wiimote action scroll by waiving my hand is about 100X cooler.
I had it tested by a fellow wiiflow tester... the wiimote gesture still worked for him...
His setting in the wiiflow.ini is: wiimote_gesture=yes.
He tested it on wiiflow mod rev 99 and on wiiflow rev 418...

Just to be clear, do you twist the wiimote while Pressing the B button?
Or do you wave the wiimote, because that does not work, only twisting.

Simply hold down the B button and lean (roll) the wiimote right or left - it works great! You can also press the A button while pointing at the right and left arrows that appear on the sides of the screen and it will scroll a whole page at a time. Try this on the 2nd and 3rd layouts of the default theme. Switch layouts by pressing 1 or 2 buttons.

Also pressing the B button on the arrows makes wiiflow scroll to the next or previous letter of the alphabet.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question to experts only, is there away to launch wiiflow-mod with cIOS223?

You could compile it yourself and set default IOS to 223
There are forwarders around that have support for passing arguments, Wiiflow has this option in it but i'm not 100% if its still working, it was added ages ago and I've not tested it since.
You also have the option to install whatever cios to whatever slot you want, modmii has this option in advanced download section

Pick any 1 of 3 :)

EDIT: Thanks FIX94 for the reminder, I completely forgot Miigotu removed Hermes cIOS support, ignore this

Albatroz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='FIX94'],,, I found the when the music problem was added (at least to me).
Overjoy did some changes to: musicplayer.cpp and cachedlist.cpp and cachedlist.hpp in rev81.
These mod caused music player problem,, at least to me.
I tried to delete wiiflow.ini and wiiflow/settings folder but no success.

Then I compiled rev80 and it worked great.
So, all revs above 81 arent playing music.

thx

painless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I now have the wiimote working with the scroll-capability. Looks good now. There was an extra space in my code that I had accidentally placed there and I suppose that broke it. User error.... it's a new concept lol.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

-Spellman
Thanks for the info, I will set things up for 11 right now.

cat1=Action
cat2=Adventure
cat3=Fighting
cat4=General
cat5=Health
cat6=Music
cat7=Racing
cat8=Role-Playing
cat9=Simulation
cat10=Sports
cat11=Strategy

Anything that is not 1,2,3 or 5,6,7,8,9,10,11 needs to get put in category 4. Would be nice to expand out the categories but getting these 11 populated will be great.

Really appreciate the tip on how to get to the category menu. Been using WiiFlow for a long time and never knew about that button combo :)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Hey Fix I have a good news for you.
I figured out the cause of the remote sync problem today and fixed it like forever.
First I thought since this problem was present in all earlier wiiflow v2.2 ecept the one that runs on cIOS 223 then this should be an IOS related issue
However I cannot test Hermes IOS's with the current version so I tried to install different d2x8betar41 sIOS to IOS 249 to see which one might work.
I had no luck with 250 but 245 turned out fine.
So I recompiled boot dol for latest rev(101) for IOS245 (by changing 1 number in makefile) and everything works great now.
1 number can you believe it!
Thank you anyways I know this was very annoying but now we have a solution.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, That's when Victor invented the Rusty Trombone!