Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My second problem is that whenever I add a theme, I don't get all of the Bells and Whistles when I view my covers on my EMUFLOW( 1 and 2 buttons do nothing). With my Wii and Gamecube games, I can press 1 and 2 and am able to switch views regardless of which theme I set.
you have to set up a coverflow for your emuflow. those are not set in the ini of the theme. just go to the settings when your on the coverflow for your emu, an set it up an save it.
( this is what i do to get a different view of the covers on any given coverflow.( emu, plugins.ect.). if you want to add, the coverflow to a theme that doesn't have your custom flow.
open note pad ++ copy/paste the coverflow you want from the default ini to the custom theme ini, adding the correct number to the line. for instance, emunand coverflow1,emunand coverflow2, ect..( the more coverflow's is were 1/2 come into play.), but be careful the more coverflows there are, the more likely you'll get a stack dump error.(just one of those things..) i have three sets of coverflows for each view, an have yet to have a stack dump. haven't tried more.
as far as the first question, i don't use the "source menu". i just use i guess the default (were you check the plug in.).. cause the only plug in i use is mplayer. so no need for the other crap.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You guys can may try r632 to see if bg music is back for the people who had problems with it?
http://www.mediafire...j6otrq6che1k4by
Changes:
-improved jpg support, now the cover width and height dont need to be divisible with 4 anymore, you can use what you want
-moved sound buffers back in mem2, idk but for wiiflow it gives a better result
-added mem2 memalign placeholder for new memory manager (after a week still everything but finished)
-updated other small things, cleaned up source structure a bit
Also please try that jpg change ;)

Reactions: 3 people

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A new memory manager is finally out
smile.png
No it isnt, read properly.
However, here is r633:
http://www.mediafire...geoye5yg3v584eh
Changes:
-fixed booting wii games from disc
-moved a few debug prints, also added disc id check for wii games playing from a wbfs partition (before it just checked on fat32, ntfs and ext2 if the readed in disc is correctly opened from cIOS)
-made ogg lib using MEM2 only (as we did in the previous update with the sound buffers)

Reactions: 2 people

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smile.png
However, here is r633:
Changes:
-moved a few debug prints, also added disc id check for wii games playing from a wbfs partition (before it just checked on fat32, ntfs and ext2 if the readed in disc is correctly opened from cIOS)
-made ogg lib using MEM2 only (as we did in the previous update with the sound buffers)

THX Budd Gonna test it out :)

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smile.png
However, here is r633:
Changes:
I'm back from vacation and trying out r633.

Having a strange issue with a bunch of games on my 500GB system with 260 games and my big 2TB one.

For Call of Duty Black Ops and a number of other games I tried I get a black screen if I launch the game. No matter what video setting or option I select it black screens.

But if I go into banner display sometimes it will work. Sometimes if I go into the settings menu the game then launches ok.

I've tried rebuilding the cache and then the games work but if I exit Wiiflow and come back in the same problem occurs. Could this be a memory issue?

Elegant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Awhile back I used to be able to access my Wii Channels through NAND Emu on my USB drive. I am no longer able to swap from NAND to USB in that list. I know my NAND backup is fine as I can easily set Wii games to use full NAND Emu and it works fine but for whatever reason I can no longer use my NAND backup for accessing channels. This a known bug?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Forgot to mention - everything works fine with r615.
My guess is its because of that stupid broken mem1 manager, with r622 I let wiiflow decide which memory to use, and I guess it now uses more mem1 than before, the problem is memory you get there cant get free even if you try it, thanks to broken libogc. A wii game loads by default into mem1, and yea if too much is there already it most likely blackscreens.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgot to mention - everything works fine with r615.
My guess is its because of that stupid broken mem1 manager, with r622 I let wiiflow decide which memory to use, and I guess it now uses more mem1 than before, the problem is memory you get there cant get free even if you try it, thanks to broken libogc. A wii game loads by default into mem1, and yea if too much is there already it most likely blackscreens.
Is there any setting or change on my end I can make to free up memory?

Gassy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having problems with the nand emulation. I finally got it to extract, and it looks like it put several files in /wiiflow/nandemu. When i try to access it in the app, it says that it cant find a valid nand for nand emulation. Any ideas?

Bump! Anybody?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there any setting or change on my end I can make to free up memory?
No not really, you may enable sd logging and on game boot check how much MEM1 is left, the last lines in your log will be about mem1 and mem2 free size. To boot a wii game properly at least 4 million bytes mem1 should be left.

luck_gh0st

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey my ScummVM covers aren't showing. They are mapped right in the .ini and are named exactly like the games but with a .png on the end. (since scummvm game folders don't have an extension) .. I am just using the Leisure Suit Larry covers from mastershoes (i think it was him) cover thread download page 1090x680 ...
oh good =
-improved jpg support, now the cover width and height dont need
to be divisible with 4 anymore, you can use what you want

well, time to fire up the terminal...

luck_gh0st

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh btw something else about compiling on my macbook ... and I read that this is a harmless error somewhere once but could never find the webpage again. In case anyone is wondering everything that I've compiled with this error still seems to work. So It must really be harmless just annoying.

Toms-MacBook:open-wiiflow-mod-read-only tom$ make
svnrev.h created
date: illegal time format
usage: date [-jnu] [-d dst] [-r seconds] [-t west] [-v[+|-]val[ymwdHMS]] ...
[-f fmt date | [[[mm]dd]HH]MM[[cc]yy][.ss]] [+format]

Is this because I'm doing it all from the Terminal and don't the same use folder everytime?
I don't see that when using programers notepad in Windows.. using tortosie svn.

Trickart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fix94 Thanks for always making a nice loader.
but,I have a request.
I want to use japanese in Wiiflow,but the characters do not appear even if I change the language.Just like the image below.
what i should i do...
ws99.jpg

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so making a theme, i found that the colors are wierd.(yes i know they are hex.). but what hex program.( css2,css3, plain hex. ??) the reason why i ask, is cause all hex colors are 6 characters long. an the ones in the ini's are 8 (wiiflow ini, and theme ini.).. yes i can get certain colors to show. but most will not. because of the 8 characters in the line of code for the colors.
example : we all know #FFFFFF is white. ( this is 6 characters long.). but when i try an write this in #008000 this color will not show.(green). i have blue showing.( look at my subspace theme).
but while doing my luigi theme i could not get the simple green color to show, or for my dark carbonik.(tried to get each one to show it's theme color. red for red. ect..). why is it only black/white an certian hex color show.( not even the most basic primary colors don't show, an pink is not primary but i have that as text color on my default theme.).

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
so making a theme, i found that the colors are wierd.(yes i know they are hex.). but what hex program.( css2,css3, plain hex. ??) the reason why i ask, is cause all hex colors are 6 characters long. an the ones in the ini's are 8 (wiiflow ini, and theme ini.).. yes i can get certain colors to show. but most will not. because of the 8 characters in the line of code for the colors.
example : we all know #FFFFFF is white. ( this is 6 characters long.). but when i try an write this in #008000 this color will not show.(green). i have blue showing.( look at my subspace theme).
but while doing my luigi theme i could not get the simple green color to show, or for my dark carbonik.(tried to get each one to show it's theme color. red for red. ect..). why is it only black/white an certian hex color show.( not even the most basic primary colors don't show, an pink is not primary but i have that as text color on my default theme.).

#FFFFFF = Hex colour

#FFFFFFFF = Hex colour plus alpha

The 7th and 8th digit used in the .ini is for alpha.

So FF will be 0% transparency while 00 is 100% transparency.

You need to add FF to the end of your hex colour to make them visible and in proper colour.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol