Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Quasi88 Plugin1 (Nec PC88)

source code

I also tried to fix issues in this port.
First, sound is better now, only by changing samplerate to 32000.
Then, the pads. This one made me mad. I tried the emulator months ago and the wiimote wasn't responding after a few minutes. It sould be ok now.

You can play Super Mario Bros. Special on this machine (and yes it's special!). The buttons are mapped specifcally for this game in quasi88.cfg.
System roms must be changed for better compatibility. Copy them in the /quasi88/rom folder. Little hint: look for pc88srl.zip that is used for MESS. If you don't want the menu in Japanese, don't copy kanji1.rom and kanji2.rom.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make multiple plugin ini's and change the romdir= to point directly to the subfolder and choose it in the plugin select menu. Also name the ini relevant to what your playing, like album title.ini or whatever. Also I would post a pic of your dump, u never know it might help.

this is what I have done all ready, but when the song ends, it starts at a random folder playing the music in that one.( just like normal, when music is in music folder an not in sub folder.). I would like the mp3 player just play the music in the selected folder,from the ini.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
this is what I have done all ready, but when the song ends, it starts at a random folder playing the music in that one.( just like normal, when music is in music folder an not in sub folder.). I would like the mp3 player just play the music in the selected folder,from the ini.
did u try to make m3u's or playlists with mplayerCE?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Quasi88 Plugin1 (Nec PC88)

source code

I also tried to fix issues in this port.
First, sound is better now, only by changing samplerate to 32000.
Then, the pads. This one made me mad. I tried the emulator months ago and the wiimote wasn't responding after a few minutes. It sould be ok now.

You can play Super Mario Bros. Special on this machine (and yes it's special!). The buttons are mapped specifcally for this game in quasi88.cfg.
System roms must be changed for better compatibility. Copy them in the /quasi88/rom folder. Little hint: look for pc88srl.zip that is used for MESS. If you don't want the menu in Japanese, don't copy kanji1.rom and kanji2.rom.
not sure if its the system rom or the game dsk, but the pseudo bios boots then I get "HALT" blinking
tried both Mario Bros Special and Punchball!
Any suggestions?

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
not sure if its the system rom or the game dsk, but the pseudo bios boots then I get "HALT" blinking
tried both Mario Bros Special and Punchball!
Any suggestions?
Does your pc88srl.zip file match this md5? D/load and extract to where your pc88srl.zip is, run with md5summer.exe or whatever else you got. Let me know how it works out for you, the file layout for the zip should be
Code:
disk.rom
kanji1.rom
kanji2.rom
n80.rom
n88.rom
n88_0.rom
n88_1.rom
n88_2.rom
n88_3.rom

Attachments

• pc88srl_md5.zip
    288 bytes · Views: 177
Reactions: AbdallahTerro

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
?mplayerce plays mp3's? if that was the case I wouldn't have pushed for coverflow for mp3's. cause it would all ready be supported through mplayer.
the internal mp3 player doesn't read m3u's that was the first thing I tried when we were finally able to have coverflow. it would be nice an a lot less headache if the internal would read m3u's then I wouldn't have spent nearly a month doing all this work to get were I'm at now.
now if there is some thing you know please tell.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
?mplayerce plays mp3's? if that was the case I wouldn't have pushed for coverflow for mp3's. cause it would all ready be supported through mplayer.
the internal mp3 player doesn't read m3u's that was the first thing I tried when we were finally able to have coverflow. it would be nice an a lot less headache if the internal would read m3u's then I wouldn't have spent nearly a month doing all this work to get were I'm at now.
now if there is some thing you know please tell.
Mplayer-CE reads mp3's man :ha:
It can't be all bad, u gotta admit it's badass that you got a coverflow for your albums now.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
wpad_button_a=32
wpad_button_b=0
wpad_button_plus=27
wpad_button_minus=13
wpad_button_1=120
wpad_button_2=122
wpad_button_left=274
wpad_button_right=273
wpad_button_up=276
wpad_button_down=275
wpad_button_fleft=49
wpad_button_fright=51

:wtf:
That has to wait till tomorrow, goodnight :)
I couldn't read that either I was like WTF? :wtf::wacko: I thought you might be more familiar with these values cuz of all the mappers you supplied for DosBox ;)

Wiimpathy could you enlighten us a little bit on how these values might work?

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Great to see ya back around more often, and SNAPPIN'!!! Seriously, your work on these plugins has been epic!!

Just tested Quasi88 with SMB Special, and it worked like a charm. :)

Was curious also... You very recently did a port of FunnyMu Wii (Creativision). If you're tackling the obscure plugins... think this one is worth it? I would assume since you did the port this one might be a breeze?

Thanks again for all your efforts!

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Read the Wiibrew page first. I admit it took me a long time to find more info and use it.

You must replace the system rom files in /quasi88/rom with the ones from pc88srl.zip. Otherwise, most games won't start, or you're very lucky.
If you have a good Super mario brother special rom (in /quasi88/disk, you shouldn't have to change the mapping I provided in quasi88.cfg. Tested with wiimote/classic/gc pad but in case I'll recheck.

wiimote+classic ctrler code dump
is there a map file somewhere?
Is it a classic Pro ?
If you really want to remap, loot at the key_numberlist.txt file in source code and edit quasi88.cfg.
For ex., wpad_button_1=120 is for SDLK_x ie. key x on keyboard. A lot of pc-88 games use 2/4/6/8 for directions and x/z/space for buttons which is the mapping by default here. However, I change the code a bit and some corresponces Wiimote to Classic will be different from the wiibrew page.

Great to see ya back around more often, and SNAPPIN'!!! Seriously, your work on these plugins has been epic!!

Just tested Quasi88 with SMB Special, and it worked like a charm. :)

Was curious also... You very recently did a port of FunnyMu Wii (Creativision). If you're tackling the obscure plugins... think this one is worth it? I would assume since you did the port this one might be a breeze?

Thanks again for all your efforts!
Glad you like it! This game's so hard, if you complete it you're a hero.

FunnyMu, ha ha, yeah I'll try even if there are only 3 persons interested (original author, you and I;)). Creativision has different versions of famous games (Donkey Kong, Pac-Man etc...) that only exist on this console. For the curious, some history.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Looking a little more into the differences between NEStopia and QuickNES, I wanted to ask that you reconsider removing NESTopia, since it's the only plugin that has Famicom Disk System support. I started using it exclusively to launch FDS games which are neat, and since you're masterpiece is aiming to hit as many consoles as possible with your source menu setup, I don't think you want to alienate being able to launch games which are emulated well ;) Let me know what you think.
Nestopia will be back in the next pack along with all the new stuff and a new special tool that I'm not gonna talk about now.
I removed Gambatte_GB and Gambatte_GBC since we have a button for both called Gambatte :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MJtV0UPI8