Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monin I'm using the above dol and WW/VC work just fine using both regular mode and neek2o mode and Carbonik Abz theme

Devs
Once this wave of WF/ themes update is over it would be cool to have an internal online theme download feature since this is the only area WF still lacks when compared to GX or CFG loaders.

I'm baaack. Damn i wake up, drinking my coffee. an catching up on wiiflow. (yeah internet!).
damn i have a lot of updating to do. new theme,new plugins.
any way to answer this question, go look at the internet plugin that was made. be nice if one of the great coders helping gave92 out. ( i'm surprised drakorex hasn't said any thing .)

http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-browser.342634/

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fledge68 Just a little thing I noticed about the explorer, if you go into a folder or two and then hit b to back out, then go back in, the path is no longer displayed until you go into the next or out of the folder you're in.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I took a photo of the code dump.
I also enable the sd_write_log and because this reason I inserted a SD card again in the Wii, now I realize that with a SD inserted my problems are solved with Carbonik theme but with the other themes I don't need SD inserted.

This is the code dump: http://i.imgur.com/qQ29BEm.jpg?1

Why It is necessary with carbonik theme? I don't mind having SD inserted but I hate starting Wii in emunand, this could be changed true?
momin, now i know for sure i have exactly the same problem, except it is with a different theme (and rev.) I hope the devs. can figure this one out..
As far as i could track it back with a WIFI log, it does not unmount hdd for some reason (timing issue?).
So far, a solution has not been found completely, some revs of the theme i use (orchid) work, some work half..bet the guy that works on orchid can't find the problem either)

If others have the same problem, please report, and at least mention the following:
1. What wiiflow rev.
2. What theme and rev.
3. SD is inserted or not.

I hope this way we can find a pattern and solve it.
Oh, and here's my code dump.. http://www.mediafire.com/view/snbptatatqylcge/DSC_0002[1].JPG
For comparison..

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
momin, now i know for sure i have exactly the same problem, except it is with a different theme (and rev.) I hope the devs. can figure this one out..
As far as i could track it back with a WIFI log, it does not unmount hdd for some reason (timing issue?).
So far, a solution has not been found completely, some revs of the theme i use (orchid) work, some work half..bet the guy that works on orchid can't find the problem either)

If others have the same problem, please report, and at least mention the following:
1. What wiiflow rev.
2. What theme and rev.

Oh, and here's my code dump.. http://www.mediafire.com/view/snbptatatqylcge/DSC_0002[1].JPG
For comparison..
so Etheboss, does this mean it does make a difference if the sd card is inserted?

momin

Trophies
XP
Country

1. What wiiflow rev.
2. What theme and rev.

For comparison..

Nice, between us we may discover the cause or at least have a hint of it.
Tomorrow I Will do a list of the results for each theme.

so Etheboss, does this mean it does make a difference if the sd card is inserted?
Yes, Carbonik theme give me code dump if I dont have the SD inserted, with SD load fine.

Ah yes, now I have Carbonik updated but the previous versión didn't give me code dumps, it returned me to the loader. But this was solved launching the game with A+B xD

momin

Trophies
XP
Country
hum... carbonik updated ? i'm curious

I used this: http://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-an-open-source-gui-usb-loader.204106/page-680#post-4745165

to the people with the loading issues with a theme, please try this file:
http://fix94.no-ip.org/boot_theme_test.7z
I also would really like to get wifi logs if it still doesnt work...

The problem is that if I have the SD for writing here the log, then I dont have those problems (because SD is inserted) so the log is not usefull.
The log wil be usefull if I could write it in the HDD and not using SD. It is possible to write the log on the HDD?

I tried with the new boot.dol. Same problems i think:
-With carboniz ABZ theme codedump with not SD inserted (WW/VC games the rest always launch ok in all themes)
-Gothic theme all ok
-default theme all ok
-Orchid-wip2 black screen and return to wiiflow
-Orchid-wip5 code dump (I think comparing these last two we can get a conclusion).
With SD all work ok.

Two things to comment:
-Sometimes when changing themes in wiiflow my wii freezes with a blackscreen and I have to shutdown manually.
-When playing WW/VC games installed in nandemu the games frozen almost always, I think always I play a game this occurs randomly (5 minutes, 30, 1 hour... but almost always happens) Some idea?

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
momin please make a wifi gecko log which is much more usefull in this case. Use WifiGeckoReader, Instructions:
Code:
WifiGeckoReader allows you to view the gecko debug messages over the wifi connection. Only use this when debugging.  There is no need to use it regularly.  Set wifi_gecko=no when not needed.
It uses UDP port 4405.

To make it work with wiiflow, edit or add the following wiiflow.ini lines:

[DEBUG]
wifi_gecko=yes
wifi_gecko_port=4405

wifi_gecko_ip=your.computer.ipAddr.here
eg:
wifi_gecko_ip=192.168.0.199

Once this is done, run WifiGeckoReader, then run wiiflow.  You should start seeing debug messages.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's a gothic day

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4n620isjhibhre/Gothic-r1-wip1.7z

I hope you enjoy this theme, compatible r967 and earlier
mamule, it looks like the theme works without any of the problems i have with the orchid wip's...
From 1st tests it looks like it is working just like the default theme.
Just letting you know because you were already gone from IRC today...

Now for my opinion on the theme:
Although i have a little problem with reading the font sometimes, the theme overall worked out great in my opinion.
I feel a little bit more have could be done with the flow itself but the backgrounds and icons are very good.
The theme itself looks smooth and really captures the name of the theme... Cheers, and thank you for making it...i know it takes a while and knowhow to do it.

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks guys for the hard work with Wiiflow. I have my wiiflow show me all of plugins with covers. Now i am testing the one of one plugin working and i have a question? Wiiflow recognize 4tb hdd? I have problems with scummvm that not recognize 4tbb HDD. Other question: My wiiware isnt working. Is the HDD 4 tb the problem?

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys for the hard work with Wiiflow. I have my wiiflow show me all of plugins with covers. Now i am testing the one of one plugin working and i have a question? Wiiflow recognize 4tb hdd? I have problems with scummvm that not recognize 4tbb HDD. Other question: My wiiware isnt working. Is the HDD 4 tb the problem?

WiiFlow works fine with 4TB drives but not all emulation games work on drives > 2TB.

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks bostonBC for the answer. Only other question: Wiiware works in 4tb HDD? When i try to play the wiiflow show a black screen and returns to the begin (Wiiware Covers)?

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks bostonBC for the answer. Only other question: Wiiware works in 4tb HDD? When i try to play the wiiflow show a black screen and returns to the begin (Wiiware Covers)?
are you using a theme? try default theme and if it works let us know. you might be another person affected by the weird wiiware/theme bug.

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
Not directly wiifllow related, but there's a sticky up for grabs here
OP hasn't been on in almost two years, and yeah as people have pointed out this list is outdated.

If somebody will make a new+updated one I'll swap the stickies around.
in Emulator Status (outdated) on the emulation and homebrew forum - I was thinking with the recent wiiflow plugin development, someone here might be well placed to write the post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow