Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to see, one button on flow screen.( this being the switch button.). i have multi flow showing this button only.( the rest of the buttons can be found on "exit to" screen. so it's redundant, to me to have "multiple" buttons to do the same thing.). but with the buttons not showing, the sensitive part is still there.( just point an click the screen were the buttons were an it still navigates there.).
also it would be sweet if wiiflow would give the option, on first/fresh install, USB/SD. this would cut out a lot of confussion on how or what needs to be done for USB.( yes i know it can be done pretty simple, to most of us that have been here for awhile. but the noobs, are the ones who this would benifit. (ok even some of us, that have a hard time with it.).
@spacechimp, sorry to sound as harsh as i did while talking about sourceflow. the point i was trying to make. is alot of us, have mastershoe's buttons, an use them.
it's a lot of work to just stop in the middle of things, an switch directions. plus the covers would have to be made custom. again a lot of work. when mastershoe's an others all ready have the buttons done. but yes i do like the idea of sourceflow. but i think the covers should be finished first, then source implemented.(granted we could use the "default" covers from ABT. but i like custom covers.)

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to see, one button on flow screen.( this being the switch button.). i have multi flow showing this button only.( the rest of the buttons can be found on "exit to" screen. so it's redundant, to me to have "multiple" buttons to do the same thing.). but with the buttons not showing, the sensitive part is still there.( just point an click the screen were the buttons were an it still navigates there.).
also it would be sweet if wiiflow would give the option, on first/fresh install, USB/SD. this would cut out a lot of confussion on how or what needs to be done for USB.( yes i know it can be done pretty simple, to most of us that have been here for awhile. but the noobs, are the ones who this would benifit. (ok even some of us, that have a hard time with it.).
@spacechimp, sorry to sound as harsh as i did while talking about sourceflow. the point i was trying to make. is alot of us, have mastershoe's buttons, an use them.
it's a lot of work to just stop in the middle of things, an switch directions. plus the covers would have to be made custom. again a lot of work. when mastershoe's an others all ready have the buttons done. but yes i do like the idea of sourceflow. but i think the covers should be finished first, then source implemented.(granted we could use the "default" covers from ABT. but i like custom covers.)
Hey shortz, no worries, no offence taken, I hope none was inferred from my reply - I enjoyed the opportunity to answer your concerns.
Rest assured, the source_menu will live on! The plan is to design the sourceflow's boxes so that existing source_menu button artwork can be used directly - Fix, he said YES :D, btw.
If you want to comment on the sourceflow idea, that thread has ended up here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/last-chance-for-sourceflow-100-useless-wiiflow-dev.353440/
Also, If you check out my last post there's a concept-stage(!) solution that allows you to display a choice of 0-9 functions, in preferred position in the pop-up menu. This would hide your icons but also remove the function. I suppose the idea could be modified, but do you think many people would use invisible icons?
The pop-up menu is, after all, pop-up;)

I personally think that the default button selection should 1/aid in getting (noobs in particular) around the interface, and 2/give a breadth of wiiflows possibilities. Eventually, I suppose, the aim is to giving users a range of options in a straightforward, understandable format. However that is achieved, that's always got to be the best outcome.

TheLizardKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you are looking at it from the back it should be the right port... the one closest to the edge.

Try deleting any Wiiflow save in your settings/data management/save game info and try it again.

If that doesn't work install good old d2x-v8final in 249/250 with 56/57 bases.
Can you run homebrew from an apps folder on the root your usb drive? - just copy the apps folder from your sd card - you will have leave your sd card out of your wii when you try.

I've had issues in the past running ide drive enclosures off the wii's usb port. I mean where I've tried to run a 2.5 HDD in a 3rd party enclosure, rather than a USB drive that happens to use IDE.
If the enclosure has a power input - you might have to use an external power source.

Hi, thanks for the replies. I tried both but it still doesn't seem to work. When I put the apps into my usb they never showed up on the homebrew channel.

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, thanks for the replies. I tried both but it still doesn't seem to work. When I put the apps into my usb they never showed up on the homebrew channel.

Just don't think that usb drive is going to work for you feller. If it has a power socket, using the required power supply will probably work (no guarantees, tho')
If you can, try another usb drive with the same files. If that works - you know for sure it's your usb drive.

Has it been thought to give Categories their own button?
Every couple of months someone suggests this, but it's always met with deafening silence. I think it's a great idea, personally.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Th3-Blu3BoMb3r

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A single FAT32 partition is the only way to go. Use this app to make it so: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

But first make sure that you have no hidden partitions.
This. At least if you want to get the most from Wiiflow with the maximum flexibility and the least amount of hassle. You'd only need to use separate partitions if your drive is greater than 2TB, or you just really can't stand having large Wii games split into multiple files.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This. At least if you want to get the most from Wiiflow with the maximum flexibility and the least amount of hassle. You'd only need to use separate partitions if your drive is greater than 2TB, or you just really can't stand having large Wii games split into multiple files.

The GUI Format app can format 3 and 4TB drives in FAT32 format so there is no need to go to multiple partitions on them either.

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The GUI Format app can format 3 and 4TB drives in FAT32 format so there is no need to go to multiple partitions on them either.
I've heard around here that some drives over 2TB won't work with a cluster size of 32k. I don't know this from experience though. If that's true, then it will still work fine for Wiiflow itself, but not so much with *NEEK and DM(L).

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard around here that some drives over 2TB won't work with a cluster size of 32k. I don't know this from experience though. If that's true, then it will still work fine for Wiiflow itself, but not so much with *NEEK and DM(L).

Not sure about NEEK but DML won't work with any drive over 2TB since it doesn't support drives with a low level non-512 byte sector format and all 3+TB drives have the advanced 1024 or 4096 byte sectors. It's not the 32K clusters but the non-512 byte sectors that blows up DML.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The last 2 days were quite interesting, result of it is a working FTP server for wiiflow, here is the dol for the people interested:
http://fix94.no-ip.org/boot_r990.7z
I did only do my tests with filezilla and that did work amazingly well. If you would like to know if thats a completely new server, I did base it on ftpii, the folder and file handling though is written completely new to work fast and efficient with wiiflow :)

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know who did what to what, but r992 fixed my Kirby's Return to Dreamland White screen freeze (NTSC). This was the only game I couldn't get to work properly. Thanks.

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i use ftp with lftp (linux), works more better of wiixplorer ftp server. Now wiiflow needs only wiiflow.ini full editor (like some java program), now is very simple add cover via ftp and update wiiflow.
Fix94 can u add directly from wiiflow the rev update?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: pop that soda, drink that fountain, coke that pepsi