Hacking WiiFlow combine sources?

dishe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me preface this by sharing that my goal is to set up a Wii in a vehicle as a sort of carputer entertainment system. So far I've managed to load it up with emulators for classic games, video playing content, and even quite a few games that don't require pointing at the screen since sensor bar usage is complicated/limited (only one seat really gets the line of sight required to point reliably, so trying to avoid anything that needs to point whenever possible).

Only issue is the user interface. The stock wii menu doesn't navigate without a sensor bar, and holding your hand steady enough to move the pointer around a display with tiny icons isn't really easy to do in a moving vehicle anyway. So far I think my best solution is WiiFlo, as it displays large easy-to-read icons and can be navigated using the D-pad and pressing A to launch a title. It also supports NAND channels, so I can access VC games and I'm using Bootmii to boot directly into it, and so far it seems promising. I'm trying to simplify the menu, however, as having multiple sources and switching between them is kind of a mess, and can quickly confuse some of the younger kids who might use it without an older sibling to get them back to the right menu.

Closest I've gotten is to set B to enter source menu, and enable source flow to make it visually easy to navigate between sources with the D-pad and A. The problem is, when you get back to WiiFlo, it starts up on the last source menu used. If, lets just say, a kid wants to play bomberman, but the last game played was Mario Kart by one of the older siblings, they won't necessarily be able to figure out why it isn't showing up in the flow currently (will start back up in usb wii titles instead of NAND). Really what I'd like to be able to do is have EVERYTHING on screen at once. Like, no source menu. All Wii games, NAND, etc, at once. There aren't so many things installed, maybe 15-20 or so total titles that would show up in this flow. I was hoping the ALL PLUGINS source would actually be all sources, but it seems to really only be plugins, not everything Wiiflow.
So now that you understand what I'm trying to do, here are my questions:

1) Is there an easy way to make everything show up in a single flow?

2) If not, is there a way to set a particular source mode to be the default? So that at least the button presses to get to a particular title would be consistent no matter who used it last?

3) If neither of those is an option, perhaps a way to make a button shortcut to toggle source modes? Right now I can have B enter source flow, but if a young sibling in the back can't figure out which mode the game they want is in, at least I can tell them, for example, to press B and see if its in there, then repeat until they find the one with the title they wanted. Having them go back to the Source Menu or sourceflow and keep track of which ones they already tried would probably just confuse the poor kid. I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible. This would really just be a last resort if the first two options aren't good.

4) If none of the previous options are available, is there something else I should try? For a time I considered getting ISO forwarder images of all the non-wii titles (channel forwarders, homebrew apps like snes9x, etc) so it could be loaded up with all the other WBFS titles and appear in the same flow, but that proved more complicated than I expected. Finding working ISO files was a real pain (there's a thread here with TONS of broken links), and the ones I did find (mostly from @JoostinOnline and others) didn't work on my current setup, and after fiddling with settings to try and get them to work I realized this probably wasn't the solution I wanted anyhow. Open to suggestions!

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, telling what?