Hacking WiiFlow Lite

matt!

Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It works fine booted off SD with WiiFlow? That's literally the only game that it won't run for me; gamecube, wii, or N64.

You specifically said 3 years ago it was a dead end in this thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/excite-truck-issues.539468/
Amazing :D you know my setup better than I do. Thanks for the reminder.

I've double checked just now and, yes, it's USB only:

WiiFlowLite 5.5.3
- ExciteTruck USB-only

USB Loader GX 3.0 rev 1271 link
- ExciteTruck USB-only

Configurable USB Loader v70r78.11
- ExciteTruck USB-only

It's ExciteBots Trick Racing that runs on either USB/SD.

Apologies!

edit: I've filed an issue about this to see if anything can be discovered or done about it: https://github.com/Fledge68/WiiFlow_Lite/issues/331

Last edited by matt!,
Reactions: JesusOnSteroids

jsanti850107

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Greetings. I would like to know if it is possible that they teach me how to compile wiiflow because I would like to change the boot images of wiiflow because it only shows them when it starts but when entering a game and exiting it shows the original animation and does not show the custom animation again , I am making a custom loader and I would like the wait to be custom as well. Thanks, it's more I use the last three versions. (5.4.9, 5.5.3, 5.5.4)

Reactions: cheloruiz79

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
from the file SD:\apps\wiiflow\meta.xml remove the comments lines

XML:
<!-- // remove this line to enable arguments   
<arguments>
<arg>ios=249</arg>
<arg>waitdir=sd:/apps/wiiflow/wait_imgs</arg>
<arg>waitloop</arg>               
<arg>noflash</arg>
</arguments>
// remove this line to enable arguments -->

by example:

XML:
    <arguments>
      <arg>waitdir=usb1:/apps/wiiflow/wait_imgs</arg>
      <arg>waitloop</arg>
      <!--   // remove this line to enable arguments (ios used)
      <arg>ios=249</arg>
      // remove this line to enable arguments -->
      <arg>noflash</arg>
    </arguments>

then put the images in the folder indicated by waitdir= named ##.jpg
Post automatically merged:

works like a charm on Wiiflow lite.

jsanti850107

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
del archivo SD:\apps\wiiflow\meta.xml elimina las líneas de comentarios

XML:
<!-- // elimina esta línea para habilitar los argumentos
<argumentos>
<arg>ios=249</arg>
<arg>waitdir=sd:/apps/wiiflow/wait_imgs</arg>
<arg>bucle de espera</arg>            
<arg>no flash</arg>
</argumentos>
// elimine esta línea para habilitar argumentos -->

por ejemplo:

[CÓDIGO=xml] <argumentos>
<arg>waitdir=usb1:/apps/wiiflow/wait_imgs</arg>
<arg>bucle de espera</arg>
<!-- // elimina esta línea para habilitar los argumentos (se usa ios)
<arg>ios=249</arg>
// elimine esta línea para habilitar argumentos -->
<arg>no flash</arg>
</argumentos>
[/CÓDIGO]

luego coloque las imágenes en la carpeta indicada por waitdir= llamada ##.jpg
[combinación automática]1672442745[/combinación automática]
funciona a las mil maravillas en Wiiflow lite.

Yes, but when I start a game and finish it, it reloads the default animation and until it closes and opens it, it doesn't show the custom one again

Yes, but when I start a game and finish it, it reloads the default animation and until it closes and opens it, it doesn't show the custom one again

I hope you could help me to compile the source code and change the images fledge68 or whoever can help me from the community, I would appreciate it

Last edited by jsanti850107,

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 345141

I hope you could help me to compile the source code and change the images fledge68 or whoever can help me from the community, I would appreciate it
wiiflow (lite) is not the problem. the problem is the code for the hidden channel doesn't read the args in the meta.xml.

the fix is to take the dol from the regular forwarder and put it in the hidden channel. then reinstall the hidden channel wad (WIIH)

strange that no one else has reported this issue. does it work properly for others? i'm pressed for time right now so i cant just whip up a fix for you.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
wiiflow (lite) is not the problem. the problem is the code for the hidden channel doesn't read the args in the meta.xml.

the fix is to take the dol from the regular forwarder and put it in the hidden channel. then reinstall the hidden channel wad (WIIH)

strange that no one else has reported this issue. does it work properly for others? i'm pressed for time right now so i cant just whip up a fix for you.
for me the custom animation works almost everytime, but now you mention that, I am wondering how many times I ignored the display of the wrong animation.

sorry for been a pain on the arse. but I understand what you say, I wonder what tools I must to use for "extract" the Hidden channel forwarder and later recombine on a new WAD, was a very long time the last time I did it, I am very rusted on the process.

Reactions: fledge68

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for me the custom animation works almost everytime, but now you mention that, I am wondering how many times I ignored the display of the wrong animation.

sorry for been a pain on the arse. but I understand what you say, I wonder what tools I must to use for "extract" the Hidden channel forwarder and later recombine on a new WAD, was a very long time the last time I did it, I am very rusted on the process.
you might be able to use customizemii to extract the dol from the regular forwarder wad and then open the hidden channel (WIIH) wad in customizemii to insert that dol and then save. and of course use a wad installer to install it on the wii which will overwrite the current one.

@impeeza google wiiflow_pack_v7 to find the WIIH.wad file

Last edited by fledge68,
  • Love
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi buddies, this is what I just did:
Thanks a lot @fledge68 for your input.

I don't know if will be practical to create a updated version of WiiFlow_Channel_Installer_v1.1 (even if anybody have the source code) or use fixed versions WADs. And I don't know what is the next step for vWii and I can't test because don't own a WiiÜ

I am Attaching my new Hidden Channel Forwarder, hope help someone, I don't know if could cause any brick so be careful and be sure you have a Backup before installing.

@jsanti850107, I think this will help you.

View attachment 345141

By the way on the Wiki there is a section about to compile the code, but I hope you don-t need it anymore
https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/compiling-wiiflow

Attachments

• 00010008-57494948_Fix94's v14b.zip
    917.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited by impeeza,

jsanti850107

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Thanks for your answer, is it difficult to get the information to compile your source code? I would like to make some changes in aesthetic issues, no functionality and perhaps add the credits of our modification without removing anything, just add the credits of our work team for the version we are making

Thanks for your answer, is it difficult to get the information to compile your source code? I would like to make some changes in aesthetic issues, no functionality and perhaps add the credits of our modification without removing anything, just add the credits of our work team for the version we are making

jsanti850107

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Could someone explain to me how to do the process that fledge 68 suggests? I am just learning and there are things that I still do not handle, I was trying with Customize Wii and it shows me the following error. thanks

1672853185227.png

Hi buddies, this is what I just did:...

It can help me, I have a wad made by us to run wiiflow, and I have the hidden channel v2.0, could you please guide me or if possible make a video to do it, I would appreciate it

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Could someone explain to me how to do the process that fledge 68 suggests? I am just learning and there are things that I still do not handle, I was trying with Customize Wii and it shows me the following error. thanks

View attachment 345898

It can help me, I have a wad made by us to run wiiflow, and I have the hidden channel v2.0, could you please guide me or if possible make a video to do it, I would appreciate it

If your objective is just to repair the using of custom animations when returning from a plugin app you can install the wad https://gbatemp.net/download/hidden...b-mod-to-use-ios58-and-disable-ahbprot.37823/ which is the result of the process on https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-lite.422685/post-10037927

If you like make the process by yourself please follow the steps and let us to know if one of they are incomplete or no easy to follow.

jsanti850107

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
If your objective is just to repair the using of custom animations when returning from a plugin app you can install the wad ...

I thank you in advance for your collaboration, I tell you that it worked perfectly, it only has one detail and I would like to know if it is solvable or definitely nothing can be done and it is the following:

1672856230159.png

It is something insignificant but if it can be fixed it would be of great help

jsanti850107

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
sorry I didn't get what is the detail
que aparece una pantalla que dice Loading please Wait, que de ser posible me gustaria que no se mostrara como pasaba con el otro canal oculto

Is there any way to free up memory because wiiflow crashes when reloading cache with the custom animation, this only happens using the custom intro. Thanks Again

Reactions: impeeza

jsanti850107

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Greetings, could someone explain to me the meta.xml arguments for the startup animation? Thank you,

I would like to know everything that can be done with this section

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Sounds like you need to see a doctor.