Not open for further replies.

PossibleFan7963

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I was wondering if there is a way to stop Wiiflow loading all games in Japanese.

I am using a PAL Wii, with NTSC or PAL region games copied from my discs (which are in English) onto a USB.

However, when I launch them with Wiiflow, they get translated (at least the Wii Menu) into Japanese.

For some games, like Tetris Party Deluxe, the entire game is in Japanese. (Despite coming from a PAL English disc).

For others games (most) only the Wrist Strap instruction screen at the start is in Japanese, however, also is the menu which comes up when you press Home to Return to System Menu, the entire screen and Menu is in Japanese.

I am not using an Emunand, or a Japanese Emunand. In Wiiflow, game language is set to "English" in Both the Wiiflow menu set to "English" for game language, and the game's individual settings is set to game language "English". I have also set the region in the Official System Menu to "Australia" and the Official System Menu language to "English".

I have tried changing the game language in Wiiflow to Korean, yet all Wii games still launch in Japanese, with Japanese system menus.

I have cIOS configured identically to the one on "Wii Guide". Can't posts links as I'm new and this is my first post!

Thanks A Lot!

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if there is a way to stop Wiiflow loading all games in Japanese.

I am using a PAL Wii, with NTSC or PAL region games copied from my discs (which are in English) onto a USB.

However, when I launch them with Wiiflow, they get translated (at least the Wii Menu) into Japanese.

For some games, like Tetris Party Deluxe, the entire game is in Japanese. (Despite coming from a PAL English disc).

For others games (most) only the Wrist Strap instruction screen at the start is in Japanese, however, also is the menu which comes up when you press Home to Return to System Menu, the entire screen and Menu is in Japanese.

I am not using an Emunand, or a Japanese Emunand. In Wiiflow, game language is set to "English" in Both the Wiiflow menu set to "English" for game language, and the game's individual settings is set to game language "English". I have also set the region in the Official System Menu to "Australia" and the Official System Menu language to "English".

I have tried changing the game language in Wiiflow to Korean, yet all Wii games still launch in Japanese, with Japanese system menus.

I have cIOS configured identically to the one on "Wii Guide". Can't posts links as I'm new and this is my first post!

Thanks A Lot!
Did you by any chance use AnyRegion Changer to change the region to Japan?
I'd the home menu show us in English?
Have you tried with a different game loader like USBLoaderGX?

Reactions: jeannotte

PossibleFan7963

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks, I’ve never used AnyRegion Changer, or done anything Japanese-related on my Wii or even tried to load a Japanese game. It just started happening one day.

I did try USBLoaderGX, which I always use just for its disc copy function as it processes scratched discs better than any other app on the Wii, and USBLoaderGX ran it in English. Launching the disc from the System Menu also launched it in English. However, both of these options are incompatible with my setup and what I want to do with my Wii, specifically Emuflow, so Wiiflow must be used to launch games.

In the past, Wiiflow launched games in English. However, no significant changes have been made since as far as I can possibly consider.

I have also tested on a second Wii, the exact problem is identical and this confirms to me that it has nothing to do with cIOS oddities, as, on the second Wii, the IOS was completely stock, minus the configuration found on “Wii Guide”. So, this confirms to me that it is some file on the USB causing all games to be Japanese.

On both Wiis, I run Priiloader loading a CrazyIntro dol installed on NAND loading CrazyIntro files on an SD Card (the only file on the SD Card) which launch Wiiflow Channel from NAND which redirects to Wiiflow app on USB, at boot.

I do have a neek2o Emunand which came from the “Noob Friendly Neek2o Guide” however, that is purely configured for Wiiware titles, and under “Games” on Wiiflow, NAND Emulation is set to “None”. Also, Wiiware games launch in English.

I really need a fix for this!

Also, in Wiiflow game config the cIOS is set to “AUTO” and changing it to 249 kept the Japanese language exactly the same.

Also, I did once use a custom edited Wiiflow boot dol for it’s custom loading animation, however, when I realised doing that breaks Gamecube support for Classic Controllers in Nintendont, I reverted to the Wiiflow boot dol found in ABZ’s Masterpiece Pack, which all my Wiiflow files are from.

Also, both Wiis are running different USB’s from different brands, with exactly identical files as I just did a fresh copy. Both formatted to FAT32 with 32kb clusters.

Last edited by PossibleFan7963,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On both Wiis, I run Priiloader loading a CrazyIntro dol installed on NAND loading CrazyIntro files on an SD Card (the only file on the SD Card)
Make sure to use the latest version of WiiFlow_Lite (v.5.5.3).
Also, both Wiis are running different USB’s from different brands, with exactly identical files as I just did a fresh copy. Both formatted to FAT32 with 32kb clusters.
But you're having the same issue with both, right?
And what about disc games, do they show up in Japanese if launched from the Wii's home menu?
Also, when you say they show up in Japanese, you mean just the Wii menu text or in-game text too, or audio etc.? If so, that would be weird..

Reactions: jeannotte

PossibleFan7963

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
And what about disc games, do they show up in Japanese if launched from the Wii's home menu?
Already answered in previous post
Also, when you say they show up in Japanese, you mean just the Wii menu text or in-game text too, or audio etc.? If so, that would be weird..
Already answered in previous post
Make sure to use the latest version of WiiFlow_Lite (v.5.5.3).
As I said I'm not going to change my entire loader to a different loader just to fix this, this needs to work on Wiiflow not Wiiflow Lite. Doing so would mean losing six months of custom themes made from scratch, custom sounds, music, etc. which aren't compatible with Wiiflow Lite. Also, I don't own a Gamecube controller so I am using the custom edited Wiiflow boot dol from ABZ Masterpiece Pack to use Classic Controller on Gamecube games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F