OleSchool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ISSUE:
1. Launched WiiFlow 4.2.3 from WiiFlow Channel (installed via MMM)
2. Launched NES plugin (FCE Ultra GX 3.3.9)
3. Launched Dragon Warrior 2
4. Played for several hours, was reading the map on my phone, when I looked up and game had frozen. Had to power off, no controller input response
5. Repeated step1
6. WiiFlow logo appears on black screen, (with disc tray turning blue) then screen turns black. Cycle repeats, plugin windows never appear.

Troubleshooting:
1. I pulled out the first SD card (all games / files on SD, no HDD / USB used), put in my second SD card (its a month old copy / backup and is same type, size, etc.)
2. WiiFlow completes after step 6 above and plugin windows appear!
3. Put first SD card into computer, edited the apps wiiflow.ini and turned on logging
[DEBUG]
sd_write_log=yes
4. Rebooted, steps 1-6 in first section above occurred. Powered Wii off.
5. Did same thing for the second SD card that works.
6. Put both log files on desktop (see attached text files for good and bad wiiflow boots).

The Fix:
1. I couldn't find any differences in the wiiflow.ini files (visually).
2. Deleted sd:/apps/wiiflow and sd:/wiiflow folders from first sd card and copied in the same folders from second sd card
3. Copied over my saves from Dragon Warrior 2 as well
4. Bootup from first sd card had no issues, all fixed.

So, one of the files fixed the problem in those 2 locations... any idea and how do I keep this from happening again? I was stuck without a backup that I just happened to have.
According to the bad wiiflow boot the system never executes the "Cleanup Coverflow" procedure and recycles the entire bootup..but why?

thanks!
OS

Attachments

• good wiiflow boot.txt
    957 bytes · Views: 389
  • bad wiiflow boot.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 322
Last edited by OleSchool,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users