Hacking Hardware Homebrew WiiFlowLite Game Crash: Kirby’s Return to Dreamland (USA)

PKthunder2006

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently I’ve playing some of my favorite Wii games with my nephew off my SD card using WiiFlowLite to boot them. WiiFlow has worked for a variety of games up to this point, however when we got to Kirby’s Return to Dreamland, we would experience a situation were the WiiFlow would boot it, the game would load up and take us to the title, but when we tried to start the main story mode after choosing a file, the game would crash to a black screen instead of playing the usual CGI intro cutscene. Initially, I thought to mess with the IOS settings in WiiFlow, all I managed to figure out is that IOS 249 and AUTO are the only settings capable of getting to the file select, the other options froze upon trying to boot the game. Other than WiiFlow I did manage to delete and reinstall the game from a new source with Wii Backup Manager formatting and everything, yet still I find the same issue. Which leads me to believe this is an issue with the system/WiiFlow rather than the game file. Any advice?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
common problem. I think that game uses metafortress ap. there's a config file from @blackb0x that works, but that may only be for usb loader gx. I think his next update will fix the issue entirely. I don't know about wiiflow though.

Reactions: jeannotte

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Recently I’ve playing some of my favorite Wii games with my nephew off my SD card using WiiFlowLite to boot them. WiiFlow has worked for a variety of games up to this point, however when we got to Kirby’s Return to Dreamland, we would experience a situation were the WiiFlow would boot it, the game would load up and take us to the title, but when we tried to start the main story mode after choosing a file, the game would crash to a black screen instead of playing the usual CGI intro cutscene. Initially, I thought to mess with the IOS settings in WiiFlow, all I managed to figure out is that IOS 249 and AUTO are the only settings capable of getting to the file select, the other options froze upon trying to boot the game. Other than WiiFlow I did manage to delete and reinstall the game from a new source with Wii Backup Manager formatting and everything, yet still I find the same issue. Which leads me to believe this is an issue with the system/WiiFlow rather than the game file. Any advice?
Hello,

Read this ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/kirbys-return-to-dream-land-white-screen.462119/page-2#post-9176440

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that game is a pita to get working. without the patch, you might go into a pipe, then black screen. :P another option, at least for usb loader gx, is to disable all global patches for that specific game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol