Hacking WiiKey Countdown

• Thread starter Deleted member 180466
  • Start date
  • Views 10,206
  • Replies 68
Status
Not open for further replies.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Like I said befoe about Bob's game, if you're going to have an up to the second countdown on the site, you need to have the page prepared to be shown, the second the countdown reaches zero. Anything less is an epic fail.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically its a mod chip that lets you launch games from the SD Card, complete load of crap if you ask me, softmods already allow you to do this, and how long is your SD card gonna last being written to and read, between streaming games off it and copying them on there since we don't really have mainstream SD Cards that come close to the size of HDDs.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Watched the video. For the first 2 minutes, I would call it the "history of wiikey". Looks like a professionally made documentry.

If it can read WBFS partitions natively from a HDD. That would make people take notice definitely. But only from SD card? LOL...

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed; a mod chip that did HDD and SD loading without any additional software on the native IOSes (so full compatibility) and also allowed backup reading at 6x would be great. But until that happens (if at all) I feel any big mod chip release will be over rated.

lll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How disappointing. SD loading? That's it? Softmodders already have that, it's just that nobody uses it.

HellFireXS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm lets see, open up my wii and install a mod chip to play backups on an 8GB SD card, or continue to use my 250GB hard drive? Tough one, but I will have to go with the USB Loader.

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Amazing !! Nice effort m8's ! I love this new innovation !

NOT !!!!

omfg !! Really ?? This is all you came up with ? A little too late don't ya think ??

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Note that many people out there do not know about softmodding, and are not able to install homebrew channel. And when they think back-ups or pirated games they go CHIP! And go buy a mod-chip and an over expensive price. So the average soccer mom with this mod-chip will think it's revolutionary!

lakaiskateboarding

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol, in the movie they claim that the first Wiikey was stable. I haven't heard anything else but problems with it. It didn't work if your wires were too long. I am glad I chose a Wiid, has been working since I have it, never had any problem.

But I still think that the advantage of a modchip is that it is easier once it is installed. You don't really have to watch out for updates and every game you burn will work immediately (Wii Sports Resort). If you have a modchip it is just like having original games for your Wii. It is as close to real as it gets.

I have a combination of both, because the softmods also rule. If you don't want to use DVD's the Usbloader ofcourse owns any modchip solution.

Having a modchip is also great for noobs who just want to play their games and don't want to look/or are too stupid to look on the internet just to get their games working with every new update. I mean come on how can you install softmods with somebody who doens't know shit about it. You can't expect those people to install the IOS themselves, so you have to help them. And What if he/she updates their Wii?

Lol, SD is way too small to store all your games. This new Wiikey isn't gonna be popular I guess, especially when it is overpriced.
wacko.gif

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BenieUK said:
Does this get backup DISCS working with d3-2 drive?

I think it should, but we won't know for sure till someone with a drive like that installs the new modchip

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Congrats, WiiKey Team. This would've been revolutionary... hum... how many months ago? 8?
dry.gif

I hope it actually does more than that.

tempest69

Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's not so bad because now the other manufacturers of wii modchip will have to do better than the wiikey evolution. The scene of modchip will be more innovative!
It's not clear if it use the internal sdcard or another one ?
If it is not the internal one : It think it would have been better to put a usb2 connector than a sdcard reader....
If it is the internal one it could be possible it use also the wii internal usb connectors ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3