Homebrew WiiMC Issues

Riicky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using WiiMC 1.0.6 for awhile with my 500gb HDD, formatted with 2 partitions: 1 NTFS and 1 FAT32 (NTFS for Movies,Music,Storage etc: FAT32 for wiiflow)...WiiMc would read my HDD just fine, but then I had that problem where,when returning to the menu during video playback it would freeze because my wifi wasn't connected. So I upgraded to 1.0.7 and that cleared that problem right up. BUT lol....I wanted to upgrade my HBC to 1.0.8 and install IOS58 which I did by using the IOS58 installer and then upgrading HBC..Once I did that I upgraded WiiMC to 1.0.9 while I was at it....ever since then, My HDD isn't being regognized by WiiMC at all! My cheap little 80GB is somewhat recognized,but when clicking "one level up" to go back to the root of my drive, all the folders have random letters and numbers, and eventually I get a code dump. anybody know what could fix this? thanks guys

EDIT:

should also mention that i used the latest WiiMC channel installer as well, and no matter which method I use to load WiiMc, I get the same result.

Loading from Channel - No go
Loading from HBC - No go
Loading from Priiloader - No go
Autobooting from Priiloader - No go

And my Wii specs as follows:

3.2U
No Cioscorp/Darkcorp
Bootmii IOS/Boot2
HBC 1.0.8
cIOS 249 Rev20a using IOS36 as a base
Hermes 5.1
Broken SD slot
smile.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiMC 1.0.9 is running off IOS58 as default if you have it installed instead of the norm IOS202 which previous versions used. So it seems your HDD isnt fully compatible with IOS58, try using an older version of WiiMC that uses IOS202 or recompile the source of WiiMC's latest ver to use IOS202

smashdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you download it from HBC or Wiibrew? Maybe that was where the errors occured (downloads errors on the app). Also make sure your internet connection is working on the Wii. Also I PM'd you
blink.gif

Riicky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
WiiMC 1.0.9 is running off IOS58 as default if you have it installed instead of the norm IOS202 which previous versions used. So it seems your HDD isnt fully compatible with IOS58, try using an older version of WiiMC that uses IOS202 or recompile the source of WiiMC's latest ver to use IOS202

1.I have reverted back to 1.0.7
smile.gif

2.I have thought about compiling the latest source to use IOS202, but I'm in the process of a PC reboot, and re-installing DevKit is the last thing on my mind lol

@smashdude:

I tried:
1.updating from WiiMC itself
2.Updating from Homebrew Browser
3.downloading from wiibrew

each boot.dol checks out good,but same error

and I didn't get a PM lol

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
smashdude said:
Did you download it from HBC or Wiibrew? Maybe that was where the errors occured (downloads errors on the app). Also make sure your internet connection is working on the Wii. Also I PM'd you
blink.gif

no offense but your seriously in no position to give anyone any advice concerning anything Wii related when you have plenty of problem of your own that you cant solve even with plenty of advice from other members

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
somehow I managed to install HBC 1.0.8 without installing IOS58, then I tryed WiiMC 1.0.9 but it asks for the IOS58, so I installed but my HDD never worked (from the channel forwarder 1.4 or higher, don't remember) so my solution was simple, deleted IOS58 since HBC never asked me for it, installed WiiMC channel 1.2 since it calls IOS202 for the USB and not IOS58, and I'm using the WiiMC1.0.9 .dol, this is the olny way I got my HDD to be recognized and being able to be on the latest WiiMC, still I think 1.0.6 is way better than 1.0.9 for a couple of files that 1.0.9 can read off my HDD, and I still keep MPlaye_CE just in case I want to load a .mkv file (WiiMC always code-dumped when trying to load these)...!!
wink.gif

Riicky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
somehow I managed to install HBC 1.0.8 without installing IOS58, then I tryed WiiMC 1.0.9 but it asks for the IOS58, so I installed but my HDD never worked (from the channel forwarder 1.4 or higher, don't remember) so my solution was simple, deleted IOS58 since HBC never asked me for it, installed WiiMC channel 1.2 since it calls IOS202 for the USB and not IOS58, and I'm using the WiiMC1.0.9 .dol, this is the olny way I got my HDD to be recognized and being able to be on the latest WiiMC, still I think 1.0.6 is way better than 1.0.9 for a couple of files that 1.0.9 can read off my HDD, and I still keep MPlaye_CE just in case I want to load a .mkv file (WiiMC always code-dumped when trying to load these)...!!
wink.gif

hmm, I wonder how you managed to install HBC 1.0.8 without pre-installing IOS58?...anytime I tried The hackmii installer just hung!

anywho, i found a temporary solution to my problem (besides reverting back to WiiMC 1.0.7)

since the new HBC has a different Title, I used the HBC 1.0.6 installer and installed the J0DI HBC, dumped that to a wad, used customizeMii to extract the images and edit them (changed them to purple to distinguish the difference between the old and new HBC channel), installed the wad, and when I launch WiiMC 1.0.9 from there, my HDD works like a charm! ....so I'm guessing it's not IOS58 that hates my HDD, it's the new HBC in some way

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
a) You have to install IOS58 before installing the new HBC
b) Then make sure HBC is using IOS58 (check in the menu)
c) Then make sure WiiMC is using IOS58
d) If all else fails, wait for the next WiiMC release.

smashdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or make sure your HDD doesn't have an invaid modchip. WiiMC won't work for my Wii at all because I had mine repaired by Nintendo before I started hacking and they took out the modchip I guess. I have EVERYTHING installed that i need to have, including 202 and 58.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
smashdude said:
Or make sure your HDD doesn't have an invaid modchip. WiiMC won't work for my Wii at all because I had mine repaired by Nintendo before I started hacking and they took out the modchip I guess. I have EVERYTHING installed that i need to have, including 202 and 58.
ZOMG.. A MODCHIP 4 WII HDD tell me HOW??? plz

really, next time thi before posting, think "how will this benifit the OP?"

Riicky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tantric said:
a) You have to install IOS58 before installing the new HBC
b) Then make sure HBC is using IOS58 (check in the menu)
c) Then make sure WiiMC is using IOS58
d) If all else fails, wait for the next WiiMC release.

a) Installed IOS58 before installing new HBC
b) HBC is using IOS58
c) Using WiiMC 1.0.9 which uses IOS58 by default
d) Will wait
smile.gif

I know this is the wrong place to request a feature in WiiMC. but what about instead of popping up the "Invalid SD or HDD" error, what about a reload button that trys to re-init your HDD or SD card again?

I ask because I just launched WiiMC with my 80GB HDD, and it loaded up and read fine, then I swapped the 80GB for my 500GB, went into settings and changed something minor, and when it couldn't save my changes, bam my 500GB and everything on it showed up once I clicked cancel
smile.gif

Maybe it's just erroring out on the first attempt to initialise, so maybe a second try would help?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
More than likely the problem was solved by the device being plugged in fresh. Trying to re-initialize wouldn't do much without that step.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...