Attachments

• WiiStation_ForSpeed_NewGte_git_99e0762_25022023.zip
    972.2 KB · Views: 49

raizor154

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i have an issue with the wiistation forwarder. everything should be good, the folder inside sd:/apps/ is named "wiistation" , the boot.dol file is there and the forwarder is correctly installed on the nand. thing is, everytime i open the forwarder the splash screen is shown, then the wii logo. after that, it goes to a black screen and the console just reboots. i've tried to run it with and without overclocking, still nothing.

edit: idk if it's worth mentioning but i'm on tiramisu, and my vwii is not homebrewed yet.

Last edited by raizor154,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i have an issue with the wiistation forwarder. everything should be good, the folder inside sd:/apps/ is named "wiistation" , the boot.dol file is there and the forwarder is correctly installed on the nand. thing is, everytime i open the forwarder the splash screen is shown, then the wii logo. after that, it goes to a black screen and the console just reboots. i've tried to run it with and without overclocking, still nothing.

edit: idk if it's worth mentioning but i'm on tiramisu, and my vwii is not homebrewed yet.
is the forwarder on nand or hdd? shoudl always be installed on nand.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Latest builds of WiiStation as of March 2, 2023 ;)

WiiStation - ForSpeed_NewGte branch until git e5979dd
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/e5979dd51762a8717b6bea62fee5bd7c1cfb4e74

Latest change on ForSpeed_NewGte branch is updating some PCSX code on WiiStation, including psxhw and also updating some GTE code.

Please test these builds, thanks ;)
Post automatically merged:

how do you expect it to work if it is an unofficial wii application?
You have to mod the vWii by using this tutorial:
https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/vwii-modding

A more simple method for hack vWii on Wii U:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuphax-v1-1-hacking-vwii-from-wiiu-mode.446786/

Attachments

• WiiStation_ForSpeed_NewGte_git_e5979dd_02032023.zip
    892.5 KB · Views: 29

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Latest builds of WiiStation as of March 2, 2023 ;)

WiiStation - ForSpeed_NewGte branch until git e5979dd
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/e5979dd51762a8717b6bea62fee5bd7c1cfb4e74

Latest change on ForSpeed_NewGte branch is updating some PCSX code on WiiStation, including psxhw and also updating some GTE code.

Please test these builds, thanks ;)

You have to mod the vWii by using this tutorial:
https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/vwii-modding

A more simple method for hack vWii on Wii U:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuphax-v1-1-hacking-vwii-from-wiiu-mode.446786/
Wii freezes after boot a game in this new build :huh:

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador

Attachments

• WiiStation_ForSpeed_NewGte_git_4824d60_04032023.zip
    883.9 KB · Views: 38

xjsxjs197

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
ForSpeed_ NewGte branch is mainly to find ways to reduce the number of execution of Gte instructions. But the result is not good. The performance has not been improved.
The latest version of Wiisx uses lightrec, and its performance seems to have been greatly improved. I tested Rockman X4 and several other games, and the speed is very good.

Next, I will try lightrec. Why didn't I realize this new dynamic compilation method earlier...

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
ForSpeed_ NewGte branch is mainly to find ways to reduce the number of execution of Gte instructions. But the result is not good. The performance has not been improved.
The latest version of Wiisx uses lightrec, and its performance seems to have been greatly improved. I tested Rockman X4 and several other games, and the speed is very good.

Next, I will try lightrec. Why didn't I realize this new dynamic compilation method earlier...
@xjsxjs197
It's something good to listen, since @emu_kidid recently got rid of the old PPC dynarec on WiiSX/CubeSX for use Lightrec by pcercuei, also updated the plugins to CDRISO and DFSound.

I was going to ask if you end up adding Lightrec to WiiStation for replace the old PPC dynarec, basing on the WiiSX code https://github.com/emukidid/pcsxgc , would you also attempt to bring the autoFixes (system timing, GPU 'Fake Busy States', special correction, etc.) for work with Lightrec?

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

2D games in the classic "WiiSX" are in fact are the most improved. They always needed 10 to 5 frames to reach full speed, and now they can on the bare Wii. 3D heavy games are mostly the same, but still a bit better with aprox. 5 to 7 fps gains. Light 3D games now reach full speed too almost all the time, i've been benchmarking a lot and the results are very promising for the Wii. Could probably help 60 fps interlaced games to reach full speed with OC Wii U in the future.

Last edited by niuus,

xjsxjs197

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I was going to ask if you end up adding Lightrec to WiiStation for replace the old PPC dynarec, basing on the WiiSX code https://github.com/emukidid/pcsxgc , would you also attempt to bring the autoFixes (system timing, GPU 'Fake Busy States', special correction, etc.) for work with Lightrec?
@SaulFabre
AutoFixes in old PPC dynarec, basically, it has been repaired in Lightrec. You can try Lightrec branch.
At present, I found a strange problem. When the third game is loaded, it will crash.
In addition, the compatibility of Lightrec is still unknown and needs a lot of confirmation.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@SaulFabre
AutoFixes in old PPC dynarec, basically, it has been repaired in Lightrec. You can try Lightrec branch.
At present, I found a strange problem. When the third game is loaded, it will crash.
In addition, the compatibility of Lightrec is still unknown and needs a lot of confirmation.
Thanks for the info.
I compiled the Lightrec branch of WiiStation and i've tested the "autoFixed" games (all except the pR3000A fixed ones).
HWTR works fine
Star Wars Dark Forces works fine (but needs to be loaded without boot through BIOS)
Parasite Eve II works fine too

I will keep testing.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Saulfabre, would this been possible to add to wiisxrx/wiistation?
libchdr is a standalone library for reading MAME's CHDv1-v5 formats => All kind of CHD I suppose
https://github.com/rtissera/libchdr
Maybe...
U should better ask @xjsxjs197 or somebody else if this library can actually be added to WiiStation for add support for load PS1 games from CHD files.

I compiled the Lightrec branch of WiiStation and i've tested the "autoFixed" games (all except the pR3000A fixed ones).
I tested some pR3000A "autoFixed" games on Lightrec.
HWTR as i said, works fine
EA Sports Supercross 2000 works fine
Blast Chamber seems to work fine too

Last edited by SaulFabre,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Maybe...
U should better ask @xjsxjs197 or somebody else if this library can actually be added to WiiStation for add support for load PS1 games from CHD files.

I tested some pR3000A "autoFixed" games on Lightrec.
HWTR as i said, works fine
EA Sports Supercross 2000 works fine
Blast Chamber seems to work fine too
Just to confirm, I think it is broken right now? A fresh compilation I did hours ago doesn't load (or show) any file while trying to pick an ISO, instant DSI crash when trying to use the ".." button. Compiled WiiSX works without issues.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Just to confirm, I think it is broken right now? A fresh compilation I did hours ago doesn't load (or show) any file while trying to pick an ISO, instant DSI crash when trying to use the ".." button.
i actually don't know. i didn't have compiled the main branch updated with latest Lightrec.
I will compile it later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT