SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Sorry to say but even with the patch, Tetris with Card Captor Sakura STILL doesnt butt in.
The author said that you need to find a patch for bypass the anti-piracy check of the game and patch your ISO/BIN of your game with that patch for be able to run the game on WiiStation.

EDIT: Found a patch that apparently bypasses the AP protection on that game: https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=28668.0

EDIT 2: Applied the patch, got the latest WiiStation v2.4 240p v9 by Jokippo, and ran the patched ISO and boots fine:

1690988654036.png

DISCLAIMER: For be able to boot, you need to have the required BIOS files of PS1, and in Settings, you need to load BIOS from SD or USB on "Select Bios" and enable "Boot Through Bios" (set to "Yes").

Last edited by SaulFabre,

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry to say but even with the patch, Tetris with Card Captor Sakura STILL doesnt butt in.

Also i got a DSI error on Kamen Rider after beating the game on Shocker Mode and opening the cards i got in Album Mode.
Post automatically merged:

Updated the list with most of all other's testing results with their respective credits

Street Figther the movie es una basura/ Street Fighter the movie is rubbish, they made a horrible movie based on a game and then a game of this horrible movie changing the sprites, it couldn't get any worse
then test the PS1 Megami Tensei, Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Street Figther the movie es una basura/ Street Fighter the movie is rubbish, they made a horrible movie based on a game and then a game of this horrible movie changing the sprites, it couldn't get any worse
then test the PS1 Megami Tensei, Shin Megami Tensei and Persona
Agreed, who would want to play the horrible Street Fighter: The Movie game?! What a load of rubbish from Capcom, ugh...

Reactions: GustavoReis

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I love that he ignores me :P

Tested the latest release and everything seems to work fine for me :bow::bow:
I am not ignoring you, i am just very busy with my own tests sometimes or doing other stuff IRL, and i wanna mention, when others do reports, i wanna do give those gives a try myself, but the credit will still go towards you guys with your contributions.
Post automatically merged:

Agreed, who would want to play the horrible Street Fighter: The Movie game?! What a load of rubbish from Capcom, ugh...
SFtMtVG / SFRBoF wouldn't been so bad if it had turbo speed at the very least.

Last edited by MeXen,
Reactions: SaulFabre

Qaztab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have it in my collection just for Arcade Collection completeness sake.

Yeah, it's awful. Uniquely awful though. :D Everyone should experience it at least once.

Edit: And thank you, Jokippo, Beast Wars Transmetals does work now! :D

Edit Edit:

Following up with some ongoing compatibility/perfomance notes:

- Medieval 2 doesn't load.

- Tekken 3 isn't at 100%, however, just had to remark how much better it runs now on a base Wii. Definitely playable. Unfortunately turning on frame skipping really makes it look worse. I think if this game ever hits 100%, every game will be 100%.

- Ultraman Evolution not at 100%. Turning on frame skipping fixes the slow music, but game doesn't look as smooth.

- Ergheiz: God Bless the Ring, gameplay seems to run well, but music is notably slow. Turning on frame skipping fixes the music, but doesn't look as smooth.

Last edited by Qaztab,

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The author said that you need to find a patch for bypass the anti-piracy check of the game and patch your ISO/BIN of your game with that patch for be able to run the game on WiiStation.

EDIT: Found a patch that apparently bypasses the AP protection on that game: https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=28668.0

EDIT 2: Applied the patch, got the latest WiiStation v2.4 240p v9 by Jokippo, and ran the patched ISO and boots fine:

View attachment 386283

DISCLAIMER: For be able to boot, you need to have the required BIOS files of PS1, and in Settings, you need to load BIOS from SD or USB on "Select Bios" and enable "Boot Through Bios" (set to "Yes").

Thank you for your help, but................i am sorry to say, i dont test on Dolphin, but my actual Wii Mini, and tragically, this, and a romhack of SotN (Rondo of Night) dont boot, the fps remains at 001. and softlock without even booting the bios even, and yes i had the BIOS already loaded by default on the config file of the emulator (i use the PSP Bios btw), am i cursed or something?

Here's the file i found https://www.mediafire.com/?9njoje999l952bo

Which is really weird because i have japanese SotN, Animetic Story Game Card Captor Sakura and Community Pom patched with english translations and they do work......

Last edited by MeXen,

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Thank you for your help, but................i am sorry to say, i dont test on Dolphin, but my actual Wii Mini, and tragically, this, and a romhack of SotN (Rondo of Night) dont boot, the fps remains at 001. and softlock without even booting the bios even, and yes i had the BIOS already loaded by default on the config file of the emulator (i use the PSP Bios btw), am i cursed or something?

Here's the file i found https://www.mediafire.com/?9njoje999l952bo

Which is really weird because i have japanese SotN, Animetic Story Game Card Captor Sakura and Community Pom patched with english translations and they do work......
don't use PSP BIOS then. Try using the real, actual retail BIOS files from a PS1 and not from a PSP...

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
don't use PSP BIOS then. Try using the real, actual retail BIOS files from a PS1 and not from a PSP...

I usually use the psp bios, but I've read about the 7502 and 5501 bios, do they work better for WiiStation emulation?

Edit:

I found this:

SCPH-1000 - The original badboy. Released in Japan on 12/3/94.
SCPH-1001 - The original (North American) badboy. Released in North America on 9/9/95. Did not feature S-Video output port like the 1000.
SCPH-1002 - The original (European) badboy. Had no S-Video like the 1001.
SCPH-3000 - Japanese revision.
SCPH-3500 - Japanese revision. No longer featured S-Video output port.
SCPH-5003 - Asian revision.
SCPH-5500 - Japanese revision. CD drive mech was relocated, onboard electronics shortened by ~20 percent, seperate ports for A/V composite output were replaced by the A/V Multi Out port.
SCPH-5501 - North American version of the 5500.
SCPH-5502 - European version of the 5500.
SCPH-5552 - European revision.
SCPH-5903 - Special white-colored "Video CD" edition of the PS, released only in greater Asia.
SCPH-7000 - First Japanese 'Dual Shock' hardware revision. System now came with one Dual Shock (SCPH-1200) controller, and now featured a light show program called SoundScope in the CD player menu (this was actually a stripped-down version of Baby Universe).
SCPH-7001 - North American 7000.
SCPH-7002 - European 7000.
SCPH-7003 - Asian 7000.
SCPH-7500 - Japanese revision. More motherboard reductions, revised system BIOS. Sony released this as a "mod-proof" system, but was cracked pretty quickly (of course!).
SCPH-7501 - North American 7500.
SCPH-7502 - European 7500.
SCPH-7503 - Updated Japanese 7500.
SCPH-9000 - Japanese revision. More motherboard reductions, plus total removal of Parallel I/O port to try and foil those making cheat devices and other such products that fit into the port. Last PS hardware revision series until SCPH-100 redesign.
SCPH-9001 - North American 9000.
SCPH-9002 - European 9000.
SCPH-9003 - Asian 9000.
SCPH-100 - Also known as the PS one. Unit size reduced by one-third, power supplied by external AC adapter as opposed to internal power block. Revamped BIOS interface. Original Japanese version.
SCPH-101 - North American 100.
SCPH-102 - European 100.

Last edited by GustavoReis,

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
I usually use the psp bios, but I've read about the 7502 and 5501 bios, do they work better for WiiStation emulation?

All BIOSes should work more or less exactly the same, there are conflicting reports on whether or not the PSP bios has better performance but most people agree it does. being that this is an extremely limited and old console and also sony themselves used it on their own official emulation for PSP, I prefer to stick with it. I've also just tried out tetris sakura with the antipiracy patch applied and the same PSP BIOS and it works just fine. Remember to check your dumps and your patches before reporting something as not working, I've done that a couple of times already.

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
All BIOSes should work more or less exactly the same, there are conflicting reports on whether or not the PSP bios has better performance but most people agree it does. being that this is an extremely limited and old console and also sony themselves used it on their own official emulation for PSP, I prefer to stick with it. I've also just tried out tetris sakura with the antipiracy patch applied and the same PSP BIOS and it works just fine. Remember to check your dumps and your patches before reporting something as not working, I've done that a couple of times already.
You are right, i got it sort out now, tested with 2 dumps (one downloaded from archive and one that @SaulFabre share with me.

I even got Rondo of the Night (SotN Wip Hack) working now :)

Last edited by MeXen,

Qaztab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have the following games working in the latest 240p build?

- Power Move Pro Wrestling - I'm pretty sure this worked at one point before
- Rogue Trip
- Twisted Metal 3

Zorg07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Anyone have the following games working in the latest 240p build?

- Power Move Pro Wrestling - I'm pretty sure this worked at one point before
- Rogue Trip
- Twisted Metal 3
I tried some games with this new version v9, but it had bad results in some games that previously worked very well, for example CTR, there is no audio in some parts (especially if you notice it at the beginning), Hot Wheels : Turbo Racing is totally buggy, Tekken 3 gives me error code dump, but I clear that Gex 3 is now very good in this version, as mentioned in the improvements

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried some games with this new version v9, but it had bad results in some games that previously worked very well, for example CTR, there is no audio in some parts (especially if you notice it at the beginning), Hot Wheels : Turbo Racing is totally buggy, Tekken 3 gives me error code dump, but I clear that Gex 3 is now very good in this version, as mentioned in the improvements

This should fix most of the regressions:
https://github.com/Jokippo/WiiSXRX_2022240p/releases/tag/v2.4-240pV9a

I uploaded the wrong binary for V9.

Qaztab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should fix most of the regressions:
https://github.com/Jokippo/WiiSXRX_2022240p/releases/tag/v2.4-240pV9a

I uploaded the wrong binary for V9.
Rogue Trip and Power Move Pro Wrestling are both working.

Twisted Metal 3 and Medieval 2 are still in the non-working list. I'm not sure either ever worked before though.

Edit: Is there any way to speed up the "Load ISO" search? More to the point, why is it taking so long? Is this a sign of improperly coded CUE files?

Last edited by Qaztab,

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Twisted Metal 3 and Medieval 2 are still in the non-working list. I'm not sure either ever worked before though.
It seems Twisted Metal 3 also doesn't work on the official 2.4 release.
I tried Medieval 2 NTSC and it seems to work for me. I didn't play too far in though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kinda feeling like that remix of the perfect cell theme