Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
@ploggy, @GustavoReis, @mrmagicm, others

Last update for my mod of WiiStation with CHD support, by now: v0.0.3-test

I was stupid and i forgot to add the ZLIB dependency, and i tidied up some things. Now the CHD format support should be complete.
All the final changes i made for CHD support in WiiStation can be found here: https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/pull/127/files

Please test this new build instead of v0.0.2-test
, TYSM! :D

Attachments

• WiiStation_CHD-experimental_v0.0.3-test-saulfabreg.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 19

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
@ploggy, @GustavoReis, @mrmagicm, others

Last update for my mod of WiiStation with CHD support, by now: v0.0.3-test

I was stupid and i forgot to add the ZLIB dependency, and i tidied up some things. Now the CHD format support should be complete.
All the final changes i made for CHD support in WiiStation can be found here: https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/pull/127/files

Please test this new build instead of v0.0.2-test
, TYSM! :D
Thank you so much @SaulFabre
Great work!!!

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wanna ask a next improvement that should be "easy"....Could it be possible to suppress the "play game" button?
Indeed, what is its purpose?? When you select a file, it should launch automatically when you click on the file and that's all...Like in all other emulators ;)
What's the real purpose of this button?

• Haha
Reactions: SaulFabre

_47iscool

Feststellend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna ask a next improvement that should be "easy"....Could it be possible to suppress the "play game" button?
Indeed, what is its purpose?? When you select a file, it should launch automatically when you click on the file and that's all...Like in all other emulators ;)
What's the real purpose of this button?

I hope not. I prefer it the way it is now.

I like to be able load and save memory cards manually because whenever the memory cards are accessed it says they need to be saved. Even when data was only loaded from them.
As well being able to change emulator settings before the game is loaded.

I would much prefer to be able to keep more functionality instead of losing it.
If it does get added, hopefully it's only optional.

retrodern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Video preview of my v0.0.3-test version of my mod of WiiStation with CHD support:

(PS: sorry i recorded this using my laptop and Dolphin)

To save space I put almost all my games in PBP format, what is the difference with CHD? Because I've seen various games and the size is more or less the same

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
To save space I put almost all my games in PBP format, what is the difference with CHD? Because I've seen various games and the size is more or less the same
CHD is way more accesible and its used even by MAME, also recently most emus updated for add said support.

Maybe someone else can explain this further?
Oh, and also i stopped temporally the PR, cause i tested today and noticed that fixing CDDA for CHD broke the already working CDDA for rest of formats BIN, CUE, etc.

Anyone help please? @ploggy? Anyone? Thanks

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
CHD is way more accesible and its used even by MAME, also recently most emus updated for add said support.

Maybe someone else can explain this further?
Oh, and also i stopped temporally the PR, cause i tested today and noticed that fixing CDDA for CHD broke the already working CDDA for rest of formats BIN, CUE, etc.

Anyone help please? @ploggy? Anyone? Thanks
I'm sorry, I don't know why adding CHD would break BIN CDDA support :/

_47iscool

Feststellend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

CHD may compress better, but it's more resource-intensive. I use level 2 compression with PBP.

For games that are not resource-intensive, CHD shouldn't be much of a problem.

@SaulFabre
In the code I noticed something about GX video. Does this mean a hardware renderer is in the works?

Last edited by _47iscool,

xunga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
CHD is a format for lossless compression, meaning that they perfectly preserve all game data while reducing file sizes.

PBP is a format to play on PSP. that's it. However, it presents loss of information.

PBP typically compresses less than CHD and still compresses lossy. CHD is the way to go.

Today I have been testing my games in CHD format and I have not noticed any errors. It loads and saves normally, including states. It doesn't give errors in the CD change either. It just works normally with the advantage of saving a lot of space on the usb.

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
CHD is a format for lossless compression, meaning that they perfectly preserve all game data while reducing file sizes.

PBP is a format to play on PSP. that's it. However, it presents loss of information.

PBP typically compresses less than CHD and still compresses lossy. CHD is the way to go.

Today I have been testing my games in CHD format and I have not noticed any errors. It loads and saves normally, including states. It doesn't give errors in the CD change either. It just works normally with the advantage of saving a lot of space on the usb.
But allegedly it broke CDDA music on regular BIN/CUE format, i gotta say, i have to upgrade my PS1 library to CHD and thats gonna take a while.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@ploggy, @GustavoReis, @mrmagicm, @_47iscool, @retrodern, @MeXen, others ;)

For real. The last update for my mod of WiiStation with CHD support, (again, by now): v0.0.4-test
Previous v0.0.3-test introduced a regression which broke CDDA support for other game formats (BIN/CUE/IMG/PBP and maybe others), limiting the CDDA audio to only CHD.

This fixes said regression, so the CDDA audio should work just as fine in all PS1 game file formats. (BIN, CUE, PBP, IMG, and of course, CHD.)

I also "merged" this commit from PCSX-ReARMed 4ad17db but with a little changes for match the current PCSX-ReARMed implementation on WiiStation and for to not break the currently working CDDA audio.
With this commit, it also fixes the slight audio noises when playing CDDA tracks/custom mixed mode CDs in Vib-Ribbon, and possibly fixes audio in other games.

I also reopened the PR: https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/pull/127

If you're using v0.0.3-test or early versions, please UPDATE to this new v0.0.4-test version please, TYSM! :D
Post automatically merged:

But allegedly it broke CDDA music on regular BIN/CUE format, i gotta say, i have to upgrade my PS1 library to CHD and thats gonna take a while.
@MeXen
Could you try updating WiiStation CHD Mod with my newer v0.0.4-test? I fixed the CDDA audio regression in these.

Attachments

• WiiStation_CHD-experimental_v0.0.4-test-saulfabreg.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 21

Sander1974

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Thanks to all the people who made this possible

Just a question will this be available in the normal homebrew app on the Wii , or is it better to take it directly from this link

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Thanks to all the people who made this possible

Just a question will this be available in the normal homebrew app on the Wii , or is it better to take it directly from this link
In the future all these changes mentioned in this thread will be officially avaliable in WiiStation, but by now you'll have to be updated with the newest builds made by the community.

Reactions: Sander1974

drsecu77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On games that say have 15 tracks, are we supposed to play track1 and the rest of the game works (?)

From wiistation I had been opening the cue file but wiiflow requires opening one of the bin files.

Last edited by drsecu77,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LZ_NvaV5HGE?si=p4H94YGObqOeX23X this brought me joy +2