GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
A new build of my branch of WiiStation with latest CDROM and CDRISO from PCSX-ReARMed.

I've cloned RearmCdromCdiso until git https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/a46968331abe1ddeed88c6c01e01b841ad5ae021 because latest git https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/8c7e2f1d3a2157fdd7b7af00849b7522a2cbb727 broke Lightrec.

Full changes i made here can be found here: https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/WiiStation/commits/cdrom-pcsxrearm-latest

This fixes Bedlam (PAL) having severely corrupted graphics. (@retrodern)
Also adjustes the resume timing hack (notaz), otherwise some loading times (ex. Final Fantasy 7) will be extremely long.

Please test this build, thanks ;)
very cool
the games I've been testing have been running at full speed at 59.88 fps, I've noticed that nfs 3 is now more competitive when it comes to opponents, before there was a bug where they were simply too far away making it almost impossible to win, and now in this latest build this did not occur.

Reactions: SaulFabre

prince_h

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also adjustes the resume timing hack (notaz), otherwise some loading times (ex. Final Fantasy 7) will be extremely long.

So Is this the most recommended emulator for ff7 then?
I currently dont have an overview of the different psx emus

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey SaulFabre, do not take it as a request, but I would like to ask you if a version of the current WiiSX from emu_kidid could be made with the Deflicker and/or 240p options, or if the code for this newer version is too different for that.

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Since we are testing, if you can check how it works with PBP and Lightrec and if it also gives you error at the same point. All for the sake of science.:yaywii:
I'll do it maybe... As PBP is not compressed, I have to make room on my USB first. ^^

---------

By the way, is there any gain/loss -regarding performance in Wiistation (reading from USB)- if a game with multiple .bin tracks in merged in one single .bin file ?

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct. You can put the values of the settingsRX2022.cfg file as arguments in the meta.xml.

A small example:

For Tekken 3, you want to run it in Lightrec, use Interlaced mode, and run it without Dithering, the arguments would be:
Code:
   <arguments>
    <arg>sd:/apps/sfg_ps1_tekken3/iso</arg> <!-- full path of the folder where the game is stored -->
    <arg>sfg_Tekken3.chd</arg> <!-- PS1 game to load in .cue, .pbp, .img or .chd -->
    <arg>Core = 1</arg> <!-- toggle type of core (0 = Interpreter, 1 = Lightrec, 2 = PPC Dynarec) -->
    <arg>Interlaced = 1</arg> <!-- toggle Interlaced mode (0 = disabled, 1 = enabled) -->
    <arg>Dithering = 0</arg> <!-- toggle Dithering (0 = disabled, 1 = enabled) -->
   </arguments>

Another example: for Silent Hill, you want with the improved PPC dynarec, with frameskipping, with Dithering, and having bilinear filter. The arguments would be:
Code:
   <arguments>
    <arg>sd:/apps/sfg_ps1_silenthill/iso</arg> <!-- full path of the folder where the game is stored -->
    <arg>sfg_SilentHill.cue</arg> <!-- PS1 game to load in .cue, .pbp, .img or .chd -->
    <arg>Core = 2</arg> <!-- toggle type of core (0 = Interpreter, 1 = Lightrec, 2 = PPC Dynarec) -->
    <arg>SkipFrames = 1</arg> <!-- toggle Frameskipping (0 = disabled, 1 = enabled) -->
    <arg>Dithering = 1</arg> <!-- toggle Dithering (0 = disabled, 1 = enabled) -->
    <arg>BilinearFilter = 1</arg> <!-- toggle bilinear filter (0 = disabled, 1 = enabled) -->
   </arguments>

Please consider that other settings you don't tell as arguments in the meta.xml will be loaded from global settings (settingsRX2022.cfg).

Hope this understand.

thanks for your reply. i added the interlaced argument on the meta.xml (left everything else to default config, including dithering's default off state), and it runs even better on overclocked vwii. thanks

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hey SaulFabre, do not take it as a request, but I would like to ask you if a version of the current WiiSX from emu_kidid could be made with the Deflicker and/or 240p options, or if the code for this newer version is too different for that.
Since upstream WiiSX is now entirely synced and based with upstream PCSX-ReARMed this is quite difficult to implement it...

But i'd love to be proved wrong.

Reactions: GustavoReis

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
hello @SaulFabre
Do these changes improve performance? the sound? compatibility?
I'm very happy to see how the WiiStation became an emulator with a lot of help from the community

Screenshot_20231013-202447.png

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
hello @SaulFabre
Do these changes improve performance? the sound? compatibility?
I'm very happy to see how the WiiStation became an emulator with a lot of help from the community

View attachment 399097
These changes aims to have better compatibility, by merging latest CDROM, CDRISO, pR3000A, counters/system timings and DFSound codes.

But by now, it's still in active progress everything.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Is the PAL60 mode for running PAL games at 60hz or is it for European Wiis only?
The PAL60 video mode is designed for TVs which support PAL60 video mode to display the NTSC games at full 60 Hz in PAL60, instead of "crushing" their framerate to 50 Hz, like it happens in PAL50.

You can use this option in any Wii, however your TV must support PAL60 in order to enable this video mode.

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The PAL60 video mode is designed for TVs which support PAL60 video mode to display the NTSC games at full 60 Hz in PAL60, instead of "crushing" their framerate to 50 Hz, like it happens in PAL50.

You can use this option in any Wii, however your TV must support PAL60 in order to enable this video mode.
PAL60 or 50 are already automatically selected depending on Wii menu settings.

retrodern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A new build of my branch of WiiStation with latest CDROM and CDRISO from PCSX-ReARMed.

I've cloned RearmCdromCdiso until git https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/a46968331abe1ddeed88c6c01e01b841ad5ae021 because latest git https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/8c7e2f1d3a2157fdd7b7af00849b7522a2cbb727 broke Lightrec.

Full changes i made here can be found here: https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/WiiStation/commits/cdrom-pcsxrearm-latest

This fixes Bedlam (PAL) having severely corrupted graphics. (@retrodern)

Just awesome, I'll try this build as soon as I can 👏 thank you very much

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These changes aims to have better compatibility, by merging latest CDROM, CDRISO, pR3000A, counters/system timings and DFSound codes.

But by now, it's still in active progress everything.

And I've noticed that there is more disc read delay, which is more accurate to a real system. The main difference is that there no loud/noisy PS laser lens motor moving back and forth.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
And I've noticed that there is more disc read delay, which is more accurate to a real system. The main difference is that there no loud/noisy PS laser lens motor moving back and forth.

I also have noticed the load times have gotten slightly worse but that's alright now that we have the ability to fast forward through all of them

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have noticed the load times have gotten slightly worse but that's alright now that we have the ability to fast forward through all of them

Hopefully the FF option can be disabled within settings for those of us who never use it. It would be quite irritating the activate by accident.

I'm not saying to get rid of it, but to be able to toggle it off.

Last edited by _47iscool,

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hopefully the FF option can be disabled within settings for thise of us who never use it. It would be quite irritating the activate by accident.

I'm not saying to get rid of it, but to be able to toggle it off.
Didn't @Jokippo already made in the button toggle option for Fast Forward for disable it? I dont know.

Reactions: Sander1974

pleasehelpme2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With how long this thread is getting, it's becoming a bit confusing navigating around to find versions of wiistation. Especially since they're posted as replies, with multiple different builds. Might it be a good idea to create a new thread wherein the original post is constantly updated to include the latest builds? As far as I know, there are a few major distributions, each with their own quirks and features.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong