I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hello @SaulFabre
Can you compile the latest WiiStation updates "rearmcdromcdiso" so we can test the changes?
Maybe tomorrow, because:
1. Last changes were "minor" and we're still working in these, but soon we'll let all to test the latest changes.
2. It's now late in my region, and im tired right now.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Time and care makes a difference, but we aint quite there yet.

There is but a few games that don't quite run at full speed yet, mostly technically impressive European games and some high resolution fighters but overall this is probably the best accomplishment in PSX emulation on console made by homebrew authors since Bleemstation. Especially impressive that we have multitap and lightgun support too, which takes full advantage of the Wii's unique ability to have 8 concurrent controllers at the same time without needing an external attachment. All's that's missing is mouse support and negcon support to really round out the peripheral support.

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is but a few games that don't quite run at full speed yet, mostly technically impressive European games and some high resolution fighters but overall this is probably the best accomplishment in PSX emulation on console made by homebrew authors since Bleemstation. Especially impressive that we have multitap and lightgun support too, which takes full advantage of the Wii's unique ability to have 8 concurrent controllers at the same time without needing an external attachment. All's that's missing is mouse support and negcon support to really round out the peripheral support.

I would have to agree.

Although it was made officially by Sony and published by Konami, the POPS PS1 emulator on PlayStation 2 with user-made patches is truly amazing considering the PS2's EE has less than 300 MHz.

Games run from USB compatibility, which was made possible by homebrew developers, was close to 80% back in 2016 and has gotten even better thanks to hugopocked at psx-place.

Tsuyoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A new build of my branch of WiiStation with latest CDROM and CDRISO from PCSX-ReARMed.

I've cloned RearmCdromCdiso until git https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/a46968331abe1ddeed88c6c01e01b841ad5ae021 because latest git https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/8c7e2f1d3a2157fdd7b7af00849b7522a2cbb727 broke Lightrec.

Full changes i made here can be found here: https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/WiiStation/commits/cdrom-pcsxrearm-latest

This fixes Bedlam (PAL) having severely corrupted graphics. (@retrodern)
Also adjustes the resume timing hack (notaz), otherwise some loading times (ex. Final Fantasy 7) will be extremely long.

Please test this build, thanks ;)
I found a couple games that still have some glitches:

Colony Wars - the audio skips a lot in the mission briefings; the missions themselves are fine

Xenogears - the video in a cut-scene near the start of the game stalls out; the audio keeps playing, and the scene can still be skipped by pressing a button

I observed both of these problems in a previous version, so they aren't new. No other games I tried presented any problems at all. This was tested using a USB-connected SSD with the PSP BIOS, and everything in CUE/BIN format.

You guys have done amazing work overall. I'd say at this point that a Wii is a better option for PS1 games than a PS1 or PS2.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I found a couple games that still have some glitches:

Colony Wars - the audio skips a lot in the mission briefings; the missions themselves are fine

Xenogears - the video in a cut-scene near the start of the game stalls out; the audio keeps playing, and the scene can still be skipped by pressing a button

I observed both of these problems in a previous version, so they aren't new. No other games I tried presented any problems at all. This was tested using a USB-connected SSD with the PSP BIOS, and everything in CUE/BIN format.

You guys have done amazing work overall. I'd say at this point that a Wii is a better option for PS1 games than a PS1 or PS2.
Recently we merged some more changes from upstream PCSX-ReARMed, including CDROM, CDRISO, DFSound and R3000A handling.

Will post a new build with latest commits in a few hours, so stay tuned.

Reactions: _47iscool

retrodern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried the build with the latest updates and Bedlam works perfectly 💪 for Defcon 5 instead I solved it with the latest build of WiiSX (I also tried This Is Football 2 as suggested @Disorarara and it works well apart from some frame drops)
I also tried Ronaldo V-Football on WiiSX and it has no frame drops (on the latest versions of WiiStation the game freezes on the first screen even with the SBI protection removed)
At the moment this is fine for me, I have 600 PS1 games on my HDD and they all work well (depends on the various builds, which I have saved in a specific folder, so I can use them in case I want to play a game that works better on WiiSXRX than on WiiStation or WiiSX for example)
Within a year the situation improved incredibly and it seemed impossible to be able to play all these PSX games on the Wii
I thank everyone who contributes to this project, @SaulFabre for your patience and interest in my requests 👏

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Latest build of WiiStation of RearmCdromCdiso branch as of October 18, 2023
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/ccc3d46358d1a3dad0f5170d6a8f5d0c2b9e97eb

Latest changes are merging some more things and updates of CDROM, CDRISO, DFSound, R3000A handling and more stuff from latest updated, upstream PCSX-ReARMed.

Please test this build, thanks ;)

Question, does that one will include the Wiimote Home Button functionality i suggested :)?
@MeXen
If you're referring at this change i made https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/pull/128 then yes.
This includes the option for map the HOME button as an option for return to the menu with Wiimote+Nunchuk.
Post automatically merged:

A cool function would be to turn the Wii remote into the PS1 pistol
WiiStation with the latest builds it already has support for emulate the PS1 lightgun (Namco GunCon/Konami Justifier) with the Wiimote.
You can combine the Wiimote with the Wii Zapper for a more close lightgun experience xD

Attachments

• WiiStation_RearmCdromCdiso_18102023.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 17

Joseito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Guys please help, i noticed 2 people saying they use the psp bios, wth, im using the bios indicated by gamebrew.org,is this why im having issues with koudelka and fear effect, now idk, can anyone redirect me to a tutorial or tell me wich are the bios i need? Thanks guys and sorry for not being knowledgeable

Reactions: SaulFabre

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys please help, i noticed 2 people saying they use the psp bios, wth, im using the bios indicated by gamebrew.org,is this why im having issues with koudelka and fear effect, now idk, can anyone redirect me to a tutorial or tell me wich are the bios i need? Thanks guys and sorry for not being knowledgeable

The BIOS has nothing to do with compatibility. It  potentially has an effect on speed but that's situational.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I tested it for a brief moment before going to work, and the audio channels from Vandal Hearts now work fully so I guess the other games do too, even the reverb is there, and the game seems to perform perfectly now; I am so excited!

Vagrant Story sound distortion is also fixed, and the high-pitched music and sound effects in other games like Digimon World are seemingly also corrected.

This is the best thing ever. I would have never believed PS1 emulation could go so far beyond from how it was back in 2012 or so.

Thank you to all involved on the development of all these forks.

I have on question though. Is there a way to unify all these forks to use the same folder of PS1 games?

Some forks use /wiisx/isos and others /wiisxrx/isos, so I'd like to find a way that all look for the same, so there's no need to keep going to the other folder when a particular fork uses the one where you have your games.

It's a minor thing but maybe there's already a way and I do not know about it.

Regardless, this is great.

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Some forks use /wiisx/isos and others /wiisxrx/isos, so I'd like to find a way that all look for the same, so there's no need to keep going to the other folder when a particular fork uses the one where you have your games.
WiiSX forks are using /wiisx, WiiSXRX forks (eg. Wiistation) are using /wiisxrx. As FAT32 don't support symbolic links (it would be so easy on ext4), probably the best way is to implement option where to look for games (or maybe list of available games on main screen, created from given sources?). And get rid of "Load from DVD" option, which hangs Wiis that don't support it :)

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I was thinking of that. but I wouldn't like to bother the devs for something maybe I only care about.

When I get home I will check the Boot.dol files for these forks. After messing around with the RetroArch cores, with a tiny bit of look, they also have written down the paths for games and stuff in a way that can be easily edited. If that's possible I would just write the same folder (like, SD:/PS1Backups for example) for all and that'd be an easy fix that requires no annoying anyone else. But I need to check first.

Now that you mention, I never even tried that one, good to know it's a direct road to a freeze, lol.

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Sweet... New changes are amazing

Screenshot_20231019-102545.png

Post automatically merged:

Hello @SaulFabre
I found a problem, when I tried to load the savestate of driver 2, it gives a code dump, and if I try to change the disks, it doesn't identify it either, it just says "incorrect disk"

Last edited by GustavoReis,

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I found a problem, when I tried to load the savestate of driver 2, it gives a code dump
I think it's because of this commit that supposedly unbroke some old savestates by notaz, but we'll see what's exactly happening.
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/0a798fa354f8cdfc912c2adecee2a3212940b939

and if I try to change the disks, it doesn't identify it either, it just says "incorrect disk"
It's an issue heredated from upstream PCSX-ReARMed. I reported it here
https://github.com/libretro/pcsx_rearmed/issues/779

EDIT: OK, it seems on some platforms the disc swap function just doesn't work as it should. This problem is also plaguing WiiSX Beta 4.0 by the way:
https://github.com/emukidid/pcsxgc/issues/34

Last edited by SaulFabre,
Reactions: GustavoReis

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Okay, I was right!

If you do a text search on a Hex Editor looking for "isos" on the Boot.dol for all the forks, you will find the default directory for both USB and SD:

sd:/wiisx/isos or sd:/wiisxrx/isos
usb:/wiisx/isos or usb:/wiisxrx/isos

You can change them by just writting in simple Ascii. I changed them to "sd:/PS1Backups" (and putting 00 on the leftover characters) and it works fine! That's enough of a quick fix for me to be happy.

I also went and tried the games I mentioned above between BIN/CUE and CHD, and I did not notice any difference. Vagrant Story goes from 715 MB to 90, it's absurd...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong