PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is the shifted display with Pal Games really related to Force NTSC ?
Because it happens also when Force NTSC is off (the shift is then inverted).

And it's not possible to dig through Jokippo's code about Force NTSC, as he just posted a test build here and never commited the changes to his Wiistation forked repo.

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Reactions: SaulFabre

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
(DELETE EVERY SETTING FILE, INCLUDING THE ONES FROM /wiisxrx/settings/.)
Is it really needed?

I've deleted settings file, but after that I get exactly same file - how could old one be problematic?

If structure of settings file hasn't been changed - then deleting old ones are not nessesery.

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Added Mouse support using the Wiimote IR capabilities. Only really tested it with Quake II. The option is under the Lightgun toggle.

There is now also an option to disable the Lightgun and Mouse on a per controller basis. This means you can use the same Wiimote-Nunchuck combo as a mouse and as a regular controller in Quake II.

I tried to get Motion Plus to work, but I couldn't get it to function consistently. But when it does work it works very well (basically giving you gyro aim in quake II) so I might have a look at it again later.

https://github.com/Jokippo/WiiSXRX_2022240p/releases/tag/v2.4-240pV17
Were you ever able to fix motion plus?

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hi @SaulFabre

Can you test the sheep raider (slus-01369) on the pcsx rearmed to see if it also crashes like the wiistation in the infogrames logo?
@GustavoReis

Going to report to upstream PCSX-ReARMed now.
Unfortunately, this crash after the Infogrames logo at Looney Tunes: Sheep Raider (USA) also happens on PCSX-ReARMed on PC, not just on WiiStation.

1704044422472.png

Were you ever able to fix motion plus?
Same question here.

Is it really needed?

I've deleted settings file, but after that I get exactly same file - how could old one be problematic?

If structure of settings file hasn't been changed - then deleting old ones are not nessesery.
I still delete all my settings before i test new builds, you know...

his version is perfect in RE and Dino Crisis
But that build by Jokippo was using the old P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU, and WiiStation is using latest SoftGPU code, which is based in gpulib and sorta of... DFXVideo i think?

Reactions: GustavoReis

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Brazil
@GustavoReis

Going to report to upstream PCSX-ReARMed now.
Unfortunately, this crash after the Infogrames logo at Looney Tunes: Sheep Raider (USA) also happens on PCSX-ReARMed on PC, not just on WiiStation.

View attachment 411125

Same question here.

I still delete all my settings before i test new builds, you know...

But that build by Jokippo was using the old P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU, and WiiStation is using latest SoftGPU code, which is based in gpulib and sorta of... DFXVideo i think?

I thought there could be a problem with the rearmed code

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Need For Speed V-Rally 2 has graphical issues on the car selection screen, Madden 2005 has spiky polygons and will eventually crash if left on the attract mode. Both issues don't occur on dynarec, only on lightrec.

The frameskip seems to be broken and skipping a lot more frames than necessary as well, makes the option not as useful as it used to be. And this might just be me but games that run at 60fps don't feel smooth anymore? I see some framerate jitters which are really distracting, similar issue as what current WiiSX builds experience.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Need For Speed V-Rally 2 has graphical issues on the car selection screen, Madden 2005 has spiky polygons and will eventually crash if left on the attract mode. Both issues don't occur on dynarec, only on lightrec.

The frameskip seems to be broken and skipping a lot more frames than necessary as well, makes the option not as useful as it used to be. And this might just be me but games that run at 60fps don't feel smooth anymore? I see some framerate jitters which are really distracting, similar issue as what current WiiSX builds experience.
The Frameskip issue you can report in WiiStation GitHub, but first try using the Frameskip option in latest WiiSX for see if this occurs there too.

Also, WiiStation is still not using latest Lightrec yet.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
The Frameskip issue you can report in WiiStation GitHub, but first try using the Frameskip option in latest WiiSX for see if this occurs there too.

Also, WiiStation is still not using latest Lightrec yet.

Frameskip is absolutely broken on WiiSX too, but in a different way. Wiistation just seems to skip a lot more frames than necessary which wasn't how it behaved before

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Brazil
Frameskip is absolutely broken on WiiSX too, but in a different way. Wiistation just seems to skip a lot more frames than necessary which wasn't how it behaved before

With the speed improvement on Wiistation, is this function still necessary? I personally forget that it exists

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
With the speed improvement on Wiistation, is this function still necessary? I personally forget that it exists

Yes actually there are games that will mostly run full speed but slowdown at various points, having frameskip enabled will make sure that the game runs full speed throughout without garbling sound. I'm also still mostly concerned about 60fps games being jittery and not smooth.

Kirby6417

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally don’t remember any version of WiiSX that had a “good” frameskip. I used to use WiiSXR and then WiiSXRX, and they both just skipped frames no matter if the game was at 60FPS or not. It seemed like it just skipped every other frame — I don’t think it cares what the current FPS is.

That’s the only frameskip I ever knew for this emulator. It is good for games that stay slow (40-55FPS) because it makes them full speed (but makes them look choppy). It is annoying for games that hit 60 but dip sometimes, because then you have to make a tradeoff — you can play the whole game with occasional slowdown, or you can play the whole game with choppy frameskipping. An adaptive frameskip code would be cool but I have just never seen it.

Maybe mapping it to a controller button (like we can do with FPS Limit) would be a nice solution.

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes actually there are games that will mostly run full speed but slowdown at various points, having frameskip enabled will make sure that the game runs full speed throughout without garbling sound. I'm also still mostly concerned about 60fps games being jittery and not smooth.
I don't know if it's the same thing I see in games, but what might be bothering you must be what I've been seeing.
for example driver 2, it runs at 60fps, but in certain parts of the city of Rio de Janeiro it slows down, but continues to show 60fps in the emulator, if I remember correctly, the console also had this, so I believe it could be something in the game code, not in relation to the emulator.
I just don't know if the emulator should fix this

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if it's the same thing I see in games, but what might be bothering you must be what I've been seeing.
for example driver 2, it runs at 60fps, but in certain parts of the city of Rio de Janeiro it slows down, but continues to show 60fps in the emulator, if I remember correctly, the console also had this, so I believe it could be something in the game code, not in relation to the emulator.
I just don't know if the emulator should fix this

Driver 2 isn't a 60fps game, it runs at 30 with many dips when there's a busy scene. I'm talking about games like shmups and fighting games which normally run at 60, the frame pacing is all over the place. This did not occur in previous builds of Wiistation and it makes the motion look worse and choppier than it should be, despite running at full speed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry, idk what you mean by a space cake, and even if i did, i'm not really taking requests right now, because otherwise people will get mad at me for taking a request but not making a birthday cake for @Xdqwerty (i'm sorry for that btw bro)
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan lies, you just want to smoke it

:rofl2:
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi: +2