PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

steval_beaning

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. I noticed that recently. It isn't a vsync issue. It's a resolution issue. It doesn't happen on 2.4, though. I realized that issue in Chrono Cross, when walking from down to up or vice-versa. CC's native resolution is 320x216 (not 240), maybe it's the problem. I took two photos to show:

See the text on WiiStation v2.4:
View attachment 436325

Now on WiiStation v3.2 (lines duplicated in the fonts):
View attachment 436326

Again WiiStation v2.4 (See the circles):
View attachment 436327

Now on WiiStation v3.2 (see the lines duplicated distorting the circles):
View attachment 436328

These lines appear all over the screen when scrolling vertically the game, giving a general shimmering artifact. You can see that those lines are duplicated lines, like if the original 216 lines were upscaled to something like 224 or something.

EDIT: I just submitted the issue here: https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/issues/223
I hope it gets fixed some day!

Other thing I noticed on my crt is that after psx bios splash screen, a graphical glitch happens on screen just before the first game screen appear. It doesn't happen on v2.4, though. Only in new 3.x versions.

Besides that and microstutters in SOTN, 3.x versions are better in any other aspects and much more compatible. I want to thank @xjsxjs197, @SaulFabre, @Jokippo and other collaborators for this amazing achievement of making ps1 emulation a reality on Wii.

This is something I've noticed before, as it seems the scaling is not an integer scale. At 480p, SotN has very bad horizontal shimmering because of how the image is being stretched. Ideally the image should be 1:1 at 240p and an exact 2x integer scale at 480p.

This of course would mean some content would display in a slimmer aspect ratio, but I would prefer that to bad shimmering artifacts. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Wii also lets you stretch the XFB horizontally through hardware with minimal artifacts? RetroArch at least has a "set screen width" setting, which you can see at 0:43 here:

Snes9XRX, at least, is able to stretch the snes's 8:7 aspect ratio to 4:3 in 480p with no shimmering.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
New WiiStation build until git 7c0f350
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/7c0f3507192f496718bc38252993058ed47893f3

This fixes the Multitap option not being selectable in Input and also adds the option for use the plugged HID controllers as one of the connected controllers in the emulated Multitap (reported by @Zorg07).

@rexus_pl here's a test build where i added your code you suggested for config file load.

1715557776130.png

Please test this, thanks ;)

Attachments

• WiiStation_12052024.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 4

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks for including my idea, but... it don't work. It's working as before - settings don't seem to revert back to global before loading new individual file. Which make no sense, because there is no conditions that could prevent from loading global file... are you sure you have included correct file?

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Thanks for including my idea, but... it don't work. It's working as before - settings don't seem to revert back to global before loading new individual file. Which make no sense, because there is no conditions that could prevent from loading global file... are you sure you have included correct file?
i used the exact mod code you suggested me here.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
People expect magic, these things really take time, it wasn't overnight that mGBA became the best emulator in the Game Boy family
Game Boy Advance specifically, cause there's still better emulators for GB/GBC than mGBA (Gambatte, VisualBoyAdvance-M, GearBoy...)

Reactions: BoozUchiha

vbarros22

Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I know there are more people who think the same as me but they don't want to see their reputation harmed so I'll keep quiet when I really feel like it.
it's already hard develop for free
imagine seeing comments like this when they should receive some kind of real feedback

Reactions: SaulFabre

Hyllian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just finished RE : DC hack on WiiStation. Music and Sound with Gaussian filtering are top-notch! Graphics in 240p perfect and no bugs found.

The only glitch that happened in entire game was when I entered the room where you have to exchange the shotgun by the broken one. At the adjacent room where there's a trap where the ceil starts to fall down, half the screen blinks (in black) when you enter it. But it's a harmless glitch.

Reactions: SaulFabre

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There is a shader in retroarch that I find interesting if it were added to Wisstation, if I'm not mistaken it was CRT lv2 Lottes Lv4 something like that, the name, on PS1 this shader looks very good

Hyllian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How did you patch the original game?
There's an article explaining Here.
Post automatically merged:

There is a shader in retroarch that I find interesting if it were added to Wisstation, if I'm not mistaken it was CRT lv2 Lottes Lv4 something like that, the name, on PS1 this shader looks very good
Wii only scales up to 640x480, which means 2x ps1 native res at most. For a crt filter to work properly you need at least 3x native res for a decent output. So, forget it.

The only way to get crt visual using Wii is getting a real crt (or an external upscaler like retrotink 4k). That's what I did and Wiistation looks fenomenal on a real crt.
Post automatically merged:

Just finished RE : DC hack on WiiStation. Music and Sound with Gaussian filtering are top-notch! Graphics in 240p perfect and no bugs found.

The only glitch that happened in entire game was when I entered the room where you have to exchange the shotgun by the broken one. At the adjacent room where there's a trap where the ceil starts to fall down, half the screen blinks (in black) when you enter it. But it's a harmless glitch.
I can confirm this glitch happens even on original RE : DC through WiiStation.

Last edited by Hyllian,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw