PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

DDinghoya

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
@xjsxjs197

I don't know when, but if I restart when I set the Korean language, it becomes a black screen.

Same problem for other languages, only English works fine. :)

Is the above currently intended?

Have any members succeeded in running it in a different language setting?

Deleted member 533457

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
@xjsxjs197

I don't know when, but if I restart when I set the Korean language, it becomes a black screen.

Same problem for other languages, only English works fine. :)

Is the above currently intended?

Have any members succeeded in running it in a different language setting?
I managed to make it work in spanish, but I had to remove the config file when I installed a new version because it gave me a black screen; I haven't tried since that.

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Screenshot_20221029-080419.png

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
I was testing Treasure Planet and it moved quite fluidly but when going to save game it freezes on the "accessing the memory card" message.
what build are you using?
and are you using official BIOS or HLE?

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I think it was v3.1 when II tested it a while ago but I forgot to commen it here. And the BIOS I think was HLE although I have another placed in the folder. Maybe Is it something BIOS related?
BIOS is required for access Memory Card in most games, it needs to be placed into wiisxrx/bios/ folder (use the SCPH1001.bin BIOS) and to be activated in the "Settings" (choose "SD" or "USB" in "Select Bios" setting, and select "Yes" in "Boot Through Bios", then save your settings)
Post automatically merged:

Latest builds of WiiStation of:

main branch until git 389fb82
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/389fb82dcb2b373ddeb95d5b8238f6d61d37eb1d

mainCounter branch until git c7809a9
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/c7809a96ba34bc2ba513b59dbe7b5aa185cbdff9

Latest change on both branches is porting some GTE fixes from mainCounter branch, so games such Hot Wheels: Turbo Racing and Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped now have some GFX issues solved (didn't test in other games though).

Also HWTR was made an autoFix for fix that stupid issue that the player's car gets glitchy and cuckoo crazy, however it does work only when the controller is set in "Standard", on "Analog" you don't get any controls when in race. (Even when the game is DualShock compatible)

Please test these builds, thanks ;)

I think it was v3.1 when II tested it a while ago but I forgot to commen it here. And the BIOS I think was HLE although I have another placed in the folder. Maybe Is it something BIOS related?
Re-tested Disney's Treasure Planet (USA), loading and saving progress to Memory Card works fine. I'm using official BIOS (SCPH1001.BIN) on my SD card.
And yes, it's BIOS related. (Change from HLE to BIOS stored on SD or USB, then turn on the Boot Through Bios option).

Attachments

• WiiStation_main_git_389fb82_29102022.zip
    811.4 KB · Views: 28
  • WiiStation_mainCounter_git_c7809a9_29102022.zip
    818.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited by SaulFabre,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
BIOS is required for access Memory Card in most games, it needs to be placed into wiisxrx/bios/ folder (use the SCPH1001.bin BIOS) and to be activated in the "Settings" (choose "SD" or "USB" in "Select Bios" setting, and select "Yes" in "Boot Through Bios", then save your settings)

https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/389fb82dcb2b373ddeb95d5b8238f6d61d37eb1d

https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/c7809a96ba34bc2ba513b59dbe7b5aa185cbdff9

Latest change on both branches is porting some GTE fixes from mainCounter branch, so games such Hot Wheels: Turbo Racing and Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped now have some GFX issues solved (didn't test in other games though).

Also HWTR was made an autoFix for fix that stupid issue that the player's car gets glitchy and cuckoo crazy, however it does work only when the controller is set in "Standard", on "Analog" you don't get any controls when in race. (Even when the game is DualShock compatible)

Re-tested Disney's Treasure Planet (USA), loading and saving progress to Memory Card works fine. I'm using official BIOS (SCPH1001.BIN) on my SD card.
And yes, it's BIOS related. (Change from HLE to BIOS stored on SD or USB, then turn on the Boot Through Bios option).
this is the reason a community compatibility list will never work people either use bad cue files or missing the bios and using HLE and report stuff that works perfectly as not working this is the most common issue with all ps1 compatibility lists and it will always be sadly.

got main build you compiled and i see many regressions.
Star wars demolition only had one graphical glicth at mid distance now it goes like this

bugs bunny and taz time busters worked fine now you cant move ingame you are stuck to the ground.

Last edited by pedro702,

xunga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

With this latest main build Dino Crisis 1 and 2 have bugs in the characters (they make strange animations in the air, the models disappear randomly from the screen...) making them unplayable. With the previous compilation no problem.

Last edited by xunga,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
With this latest main build Dino Crisis 1 and 2 have bugs in the characters (they make strange animations in the air, the models disappear randomly from the screen...) making them unplayable. With the previous compilation no problem.
yeah like i showed abode this new build has lots of issues, games that worked somewhat correct like bugs bunny taz time buster and star wars demolition are now unplayable and im guessing many more, im guessing something on the gfx side is broken now.

xjsxjs197

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
yeah like i showed abode this new build has lots of issues, games that worked somewhat correct like bugs bunny taz time buster and star wars demolition are now unplayable and im guessing many more, im guessing something on the gfx side is broken now.
I have been modifying Gte code these days, The code just submitted should solve the above problems.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I have been modifying Gte code these days, The code just submitted should solve the above problems.
@xjsxjs197

i'm just compiling this new commits in the main branch now.

but... as i've told here https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/issues/10 , HWTR when it now plays fine I only get controls when the controller is set in "Standard", in "Analog" you don't get much controls when in race, even when the game itself it's compatible with DUALSHOCK.

A quote from my post:

@SaulFabre: Tested both main and mainCounter branches, i've compiled them again. Controls finally work, and the car doesn't crash anymore, but i was able to play fine only when i have the controller setting in "Standard", because if i set the controller in "Analog" the car won't respond much to any command. (Even when the game IS ACTUALLY compatible with DualShock) On PCSX-R the game can be played fine when the "Analog" (DualShock) controller is enabled.
EDIT: On the box of the game says that HWTR is actually compatible with DualShock, but on WiiStation it doesn't work fine when in "Analog", forcing to play in "Standard":

SLUS-00964-B-ALL

@pedro702: yeah i tested the pal version too and seems when in analogue mode the X button stops being registered for acceleration, or is never readed as a continuous pressed button so your car does not accelarate.im guessing its reading like quickily press and unpressed therefore the car never gets any aceelaration or something

Any fix for this?

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Latest build of WiiStation of main branch until git 57564de
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/57564de792ea174b9b8d07586544780c207c95f9

The latest changes is modifying a bit the GPU and GTE code for fix some problems.
Also, Destruction Derby 2 can be play normally without GFX glitches in main branch (i didn't test this game though).

Please test this build, thanks ;)

EDIT:
@GustavoReis

Please retest Destruction Derby 2, now Championship mode finally works :D (i didn't test all modes though)

1667157464155.png

Attachments

• WiiStation_main_git_57564de_30102022.zip
    811 KB · Views: 26

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land