Homebrew PS1/2 Emulator Project WiiSX / CubeSX (PCSXGC) with Lightrec Project - Beta testers & feedback needed!

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried this on WiiSX 3.0, it actually runs full speed when you get into the game - the loading screens and some other static screens drop the framerate to 5fps but FMVs and gameplay is full speed so I would recommend making a savestate once the game is finally loaded up

Einhander will crash and codedump if left on the attract mode
Elemental Gearbolt doesn't load after the first two screens, unfortunate!

EDIT: All of the games previously listed as not working (Roll Away, NHL 2-on-2, Elemental Gearbolt etc,) do work and play on the last released build of WiiSX RX, so it's definitely worth keeping older builds of WiiSX as a backup even if the speed is not nearly as good
https://github.com/niuus/wiisxrx/releases

EDIT 2: Using the older build of WiiSXR, I was able to get games like Soukyuu Gurentai, Roll Away and Elemental Gearbolt to run at full speed, using a combination of WiiSX 3.0, WiiSX RX and WiiSXR I haven't encountered a game that was unable to run yet. The closest game I have found that I don't consider playable is Fighter Maker 3D which runs awful in any iteration of WiiSX
WiiStation 1.0 destruction Derby Raw works very well, no slow menus

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Bro i put WiiSX on my USB to load among with the right BIOS and ISOS where they belong, and just black screen after loading an ISO,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Haha
Reactions: niuus

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I implore you try WiiSX 3.0, the updated much improved lightrec hasn't been integrated into Wiistation yet, SFEX2+ runs full speed with dithering off and so does shaman king, though the rest of those games don't really work still as far as I was able to test.

WiiSX RX 3.3 before the lightrec as far as I've tested has the highest compatibility so far of all the released forks of WiiSX which is truly amazing, unfortunately on the humble Wii without any overclocking it comes at a speed penalty so that's why I go further back to WiiSXR which has the fastest dynarec core of the pre-lightrec builds but the least compatibility - there's a very small amount of games that will run full speed on WiiSXR such as Roll Away, Elemental Gearbolt and Soukyuu Gurentai.
Umm, you're joking right? I keep up with the news from all the projects, I maintain WiiSXRX :D . It is thanks to WiiSX/emukidid/pcercuei that we have the dynarec core that allows us to have the PSX speed we currently enjoy on the Wii. Again, as I said, WiiSXR was 100% superceded by WiiSXRX in the 2.x releases. The lightest of them all is RX 2.7 and 2.7.1 (at the expense of the compatibility gained in 3.x, of course) the latter of which is in my hard drive unreleased (while I finish some small stuff), as it is just a maintenance QoL release.

I knew about SFEX2+ as I previously ran tests with all the known heavy games on my list with WiiSXRX 4.0. I have already talked about it before.

Aint that list made BEFORE lightrec and the PSP Bios among with the emulators improvements?
PSP Bios is NOT a big improvement on the Wii platform since the new dynarec, LOL. We already discussed about it on the thread, that was the 2.x-3.x era of RX. The insistence of esoteric people about using PAL bios and other hacked BIOS files at this point amuses me to no end.

Last edited by niuus,

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
you need to select the bios in the emu settings too.
I did that.
Post automatically merged:

Bruhs, i did loaded the Bios via USB as well as the saves, and guess what, boot up SFEX2, select Guile, went to fight Volcano russo, GUESS WHAT?, SOFTCRASH, Now loading permafrezee, cant go back to the Menu, had to hard reset the Wii, WONDERFUL

Last edited by MeXen,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I did that.

Bruhs, i did loaded the Bios via USB as well as the saves, and guess what, boot up SFEX2, select Guile, went to fight Volcano russo, GUESS WHAT?, SOFTCRASH, Now loading permafrezee, cant go back to the Menu, had to hard reset the Wii, WONDERFUL
did you tried any other game? maybe you have a bad iso.

Also with that attitude its hard to help you tbh.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
I did that.

Skill issue
pOmUkse.jpeg

Umm, you're joking right? I keep up with the news from all the projects, I maintain WiiSXRX :D . It is thanks to WiiSX/emukidid/pcercuei that we have the dynarec core that allows us to have the PSX speed we currently enjoy on the Wii. Again, as I said, WiiSXR was 100% superceded by WiiSXRX in the 2.x releases. The lightest of them all is RX 2.7 and 2.7.1 (at the expense of the compatibility gained in 3.x, of course) the latter of which is in my hard drive unreleased (while I finish some small stuff), as it is just a maintenance QoL release.

I knew about SFEX2+ as I previously ran tests with all the known heavy games on my list with WiiSXRX 4.0. I have already talked about it before.

PSP Bios is NOT a big improvement on the Wii platform since the new dynarec, LOL. We already discussed about it on the thread, that was the 2.x-3.x era of RX. The insistence of esoteric people about using PAL bios and other hacked BIOS files at this point amuses me to no end.

I don't know why you're so pressed about it, I ran some tests and while WiiSX RX 2.7 does indeed run faster than 3.x it still runs some frames slower than WiiSXR, tested using the game Roll Away on the very first level

54-55fps on WiiSX RX 2.7 and 57-58 on WiiSXR

It's a minor difference but on a fixed platform I'll take what I can get

So WiiSXR is still the best choice if you need the fastest, least compatible version of the old dynarec. Though RX 2.7 has additional features over WiiSXR that people might be interested in too.

Last edited by Disorarara,

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey @SaulFabre if I can ask, would it be feasible for you to do a version of WiiSX 3.0 with wiiflow arguments support?
I think it would be a worth addition to the plugins pack, alongside RX and Wiistation.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hey @SaulFabre if I can ask, would it be feasible for you to do a version of WiiSX 3.0 with wiiflow arguments support?
I think it would be a worth addition to the plugins pack, alongside RX and Wiistation.
sure i could do.

Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I don't know why you're so pressed about it, I ran some tests and while WiiSX RX 2.7 does indeed run faster than 3.x it still runs some frames slower than WiiSXR, tested using the game Roll Away on the very first level
I'm not 'pressed', lol. I'm answering you as objectively as I can, from a programming standpoint. You're free to use all versions, as I did in the past when I was only another user. Not sure about that Roll Away you mention as i've never seen it or even heard about it, but i'll try to check it later, i'll assume it is not compatible right now in the 4.x line, as you're using old versions for it. Did you use the oldest WiiSXR, Beta 2.2, in case it is faster than Beta 2.3? You can also compare it to WiiSX 2.1.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I tested five or so games to check the FMVs on intros and such with the boot.dol on that link emu_kidid, Oddworld among them which is quite long for PS1 standards. The videos seemed to play just fine. I could hear a bit of audio crackling, but beyond that nothing wrong.

Thank you for your continuous work!

Reactions: emu_kidid

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Posted a new commit with direct 24bit mode video, can someone test a bunch of games with FMV? Builds available from GitHub under artifacts area: https://github.com/emukidid/pcsxgc/actions/runs/5275569942

I'm working on lightgun support now.

Awesome!! Would you consider implementing the mouse peripheral as well? There's a lot more software that used the PSX mouse but also, almost every single lightgun game on PSX also allowed for the mouse to be used instead of a lightgun like time crisis and area 51

emu_kidid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gc-forever.com
XP
Country
Australia

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Last edited by GustavoReis,
Reactions: SaulFabre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +2