Hardware Will gamestop have another trade in deal for the 3ds?

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where the collectors at? Keep your DS Phat, Lite, DSi (phat), hello fatty!!!!!!!

You should have the money to buy 3DS, keep your old shit to impress your imaginary friend(s). I make money make money make money, so I keep my 3DS under my pillow. Fuck GameStop and the ten dollars they'll pay for my Zelda collectors editon DSLite. I have 20 GameBoys, and 10 DS's, but my Virtual Boy tucks them in bed at night.

My GBA micro wishes for more faceplates, but gets the job done. I think I'm going to order a SuperCard DSTwo in the next few days, but I have to eat dinner soon.

D

Deleted-188346

dsfanatic5 said:
Fuck GameStop and the ten dollars they'll pay for my Zelda collectors editon DSLite.
Too right. DS's are worth far more than the small change Gamestop is willing to give for them.

Especially considering that if you have friends over, you can let them use your old DS's for multiplayer.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, unlike my DS Lite short of breaks(Like not be able to play games anymore, but start up.), or fully breaks, I will trade it in.
As I still would like to go everywhere and play Homebrew, and ofcourse a Unlimited amount of games on my 16GB Micro SD.
From both my EZ Flash 3in1 and Cyclo DS Evo. Besides, I could get a lot of more moneys for it, I modded it with Zelda Gold Case.
smile.gif
(And the EZ flash 3in1 too. Yet to replace my Cyclo DS Evo card with my R4i Gold Card, which I specially ordered to replace the case, heh.

Nakura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I work for GameStop, we do not take the DS in with broken hinges unless we do a refurbish fee on them. Last time I took a DS "Phat" in with a refurbish fee which was like a week ago it was $10 for it. So I think it's $20 right NOW, so the trade-in value towards the 3DS should be a little more hopefully.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I put up about $165 for a DS lite, and then my CycloDS wasn't exactly cheap...

So, why would I trade in my DS lite to GameStop for no more than $15 off of the $300+ system?

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i don't think they will have the trade in deal for the 3DS...all of the trade ins were for revisions of the same hand held/console eg. DS Lite towards DSi...Xbox 360 towards Xbox 360 Slim i could be wrong but i don't think they will do it towards a new hand held/console not to mention the demand will be extremely high for the 3DS so they cant guarantee that people will get one

Alex221

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nakura said:
I work for GameStop, we do not take the DS in with broken hinges unless we do a refurbish fee on them. Last time I took a DS "Phat" in with a refurbish fee which was like a week ago it was $10 for it. So I think it's $20 right NOW, so the trade-in value towards the 3DS should be a little more hopefully.
He's right I think the ds will be 20$,ds light roughly 30$,dsi maybe 60$ and Dsi xl probably 80-100$ what do you guys think of my predicted prices?

gumgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I paid around 129.00 for my DS lite, and I'm not giving it up for the equivalent of a full tank of gas for my car. That doesn't count the money I invested in a replacement case or repairing it myself when a fuse blew. Gamestop always tries to rip you off when it comes to trade ins. Whether it's a system or a game. You'd be better off selling it on e-bay if you really want to get some money to put towards the 3DS.

Just my two cents.

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I imagine that they will. As soon as the slim Xbox was announced at E3 Gamestop published an ad with a trade-in deal.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who cares? I'll keep my DS Lite so I can enjoy 3,000+ games for free via flash karts. Don't expect 3DS to suport your SuperCard Ds2, so if you sell that shit, you're out more than the cost of the DS Lite itself. Keep it, save your money (if you have to, assuming you don't work, and live at home), and finaggle your way into owning a 3DS. I feel like grandpa teaching junior how to rip off the farmer's market. I feel lazers, smell colours, taste challenge, and see sounds. The future is among us.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsfanatic5 said:
Who cares? I'll keep my DS Lite so I can enjoy 3,000+ games for free via flash karts. Don't expect 3DS to suport your SuperCard Ds2, so if you sell that shit, you're out more than the cost of the DS Lite itself. Keep it, save your money (if you have to, assuming you don't work, and live at home), and finaggle your way into owning a 3DS. I feel like grandpa teaching junior how to rip off the farmer's market. I feel lazers, smell colours, taste challenge, and see sounds. The future is among us.

I'm thinking the same way. Besides. I don't think they'll take a DSi that's black AND white (case mod)

If i trade in I got practically no games to play

manobon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll only trade in my DS lite if Nintendo doesn't allow DSiWare to be transferred by the SD card (you can back them up, but have to re-upload them onto the DSi to play them).

If I can transfer, then I might just transfer everything to the card, then trade in/sell the DSi (and keep the DS lite for flashcart/homebrew stuff).

NintendoRules_20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope so becuase i have all the ds systems pretty much and still figuring out what to with them(sell or trade) im thinking ill trade them all for the 3DS.
gbasp.gif

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For those saying GameStop has bad deals, you just have to know how to play them for better money.

Bought LRB DS: $18. Didn't like.
Returned, bought an Edge Card.
Traded in my DS, and all 18 games, got roughly $100. It was trade 3, get $10 extra, though, so make that $160. Then, of course, the EDGE bonus (it paid itself off!).

Over $200 made.

It's not the best, but learn how to take advantage of deals. It helps a lot. And now I'm a proud RB3/RB3 Pro Guitar owner.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
gamestop have become far more expensive than befor, and they give you a penny for trade in, its better to sell it on sites like ebay and buy it on webhallen.com

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb9aRPpmidM