GCN Wind Waker PAL freeze in Wind Temple

Randomnosity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, guys. I have a problem with the Wind Waker game (PAL version) which I had been playing on my hard-modded Wii for quite some time. Until now, that is.

What happens is that whenever I try to open that first door in Wind Temple that you have to open to save Makar, the screen freezes and I have to reboot the system.

I thought maybe the .ISO is corrupted. I downloaded what seems to be a different. ISO file, and the same problem occurs with it.

So my next plan was to do a soft-mod and launch the game with NeoGamma. I managed to do so with the game loading and working until I reached that door again with the problem occurring once again.

What could the issue be? And how to solve it? Note that I never suffered the map freeze that many people who've played the game have talked about and discussed. This has been the only freeze issue I ever had with this game.

Well, ok, the first time I had Link and Makar go down the hole to the Wind Temple, the screen did go black and freeze. But the second time it happened, it just magically passed it without any issues. And that's when I started to encounter the main issue. So could there be a link between the two freezes?

D

Deleted-236924

Maybe there's a compatibility list for whatever mod you used for your Wii that could enlighten you?
Does it absolutely have to be the PAL version? Or would you be okay with playing the NTSC version?

To solve the issue: Buy the game (new or second hand).

Way to miss the question by a thousand miles there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...