ROM Hack [WIP] Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

ironeyes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a starting point for randomizing paths downloaded as DLC? In particular, would anyone be able to tell me which files have the data for DLC paths?

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
Found a way to extract the stuff that begins with C from the DLC, thanks to this post!
I put all the C folders in the folders I think they're supposed to be in. However, the Fates Randomizer still tells me it can't find C007.txt
Can anyone please tell me where this file should be placed exactly, so that I can put it there?

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found a way to extract the stuff that begins with C from the DLC, thanks to this post!
I put all the C folders in the folders I think they're supposed to be in. However, the Fates Randomizer still tells me it can't find C007.txt
Can anyone please tell me where this file should be placed exactly, so that I can put it there?
You should place it under [main directory]/m/@E/C/C007.txt

Every c text file outside of C006.txt should be in that folder as well.

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
You should place it under [main directory]/m/@E/C/C007.txt

Every c text file outside of C006.txt should be in that folder as well.
As I thought..... this is weird. It's there, but the program doesn't see it apparently? :0

5ewo4k.jpg

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I thought..... this is weird. It's there, but the program doesn't see it apparently? :0
Could you show me the layout for the folder you're selecting for randomization? If possible, could you show me the folders as well? The layout for the Revelation text files looks correct, so it looks like something else is going on.

Last edited by thane98,

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, so I'm pretty stuck setting this up. I have everything in the proper locations, and then it prompts me that I'm missing Join.txt. But then when I find that file, it tells me something else is wrong, like GameData.Bin. help pls..

wait hold up I think I'm still using my old JP dump, how would I go about dumping my Fates SE though?

Last edited by EmblemCrossing,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, so I'm pretty stuck setting this up. I have everything in the proper locations, and then it prompts me that I'm missing Join.txt. But then when I find that file, it tells me something else is wrong, like GameData.Bin. help pls..

wait hold up I think I'm still using my old JP dump, how would I go about dumping my Fates SE though?
What is your current setup? Is the SE of 'if' or of Fates (this question is me being curious? If you have a9lh, you can use Decrypt9 to dump it to a CIA.

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What CFW do you have? (if any)
Luma CFW, newest Luma, most recent firm. I just had to replace it because you know, thievery.

Weirdly, none of my hombrew options are working for me. Completely stumped. All I wanna do is randomize fates tho. I'm gonna show it off at a con this weekend haha.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma CFW, newest Luma, most recent firm. I just had to replace it because you know, thievery.

Weirdly, none of my hombrew options are working for me. Completely stumped. All I wanna do is randomize fates tho. I'm gonna show it off at a con this weekend haha.
If homebrew isn't working you could probably dump your installed version of Fates using something like Decrypt9.

As for the original setup, I'd need to see how you have your files arranged to see what's wrong with it.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It it an emuNAND setup or a9lh?

-You can get your CIA through Decrypt9 by downloading the latest version of it from Github, moving the 3ds folder to the root of your SD card (if emuNAND setup) or by renaming the .bin file to x_Dec9.bin and moving it to your luma/payloads folder (if a9lh setup).
-Get the Title ID for Fates SE.
-Open up the homebrew launcher in sysNAND and select Decrypt9 (if emuNAND setup) or by launching Decrypt9 on boot (if a9lh setup, press and hold the X button when you boot your system).
-When in the menu for Decrypt9, go to Content Decryptor Options -> CIA Builder Options -> CIA Builder (SysNAND/decr.)(if a9lh setup) or CIA Builder (EmuNAND/decr.)(if emuNAND setup).
-Use the right D-pad button to make "00040000" show up, then press the right D-pad button again to make another set of numbers show up.
-Use the up and down buttons on the D-pad to scroll through the title IDs, choosing the one that matches Fates' title ID and press A.

Decrypt9 will now dump the installed CIA to a decrypted CIA.

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks you two. I'm dumping my copy right now, should be done.. eventually?

What would I do to use the Gay Fates patch with this? Also would using the "auto join castle" data work, letting us essentially add four more characters to the randomizer in this way? Since they add the four amiibo units through that way, I was wondering if this would work.

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks you two. I'm dumping my copy right now, should be done.. eventually?

What would I do to use the Gay Fates patch with this? Also would using the "auto join castle" data work, letting us essentially add four more characters to the randomizer in this way? Since they add the four amiibo units through that way, I was wondering if this would work.
The Auto-join likely directs to the PIDs of the Amiibo characters and these PIDs would need to be replaced if they were to be randomized (I'm not sure if this could be an option since those PIDs are not normally auto recruited.)

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would this work with the Gay Fates patch? I'm eager to use the new v5.0 patch that came out earlier. Is it as easy as extract the contents of the game, replace those files with the files for the Gay Fates patch and then use the randomizer on the files needed?

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would I do to use the Gay Fates patch with this?
How would this work with the Gay Fates patch? I'm eager to use the new v5.0 patch that came out earlier. Is it as easy as extract the contents of the game, replace those files with the files for the Gay Fates patch and then use the randomizer on the files needed?
Gay Fates should be compatible out of the box - I set up the randomizer to handle edited GameData.bin files, so there shouldn't be any issues.

Also would using the "auto join castle" data work, letting us essentially add four more characters to the randomizer in this way? Since they add the four amiibo units through that way, I was wondering if this would work.
The randomizer uses a data file which tells it what PIDs and IDs to look for when shuffling characters around. Since it doesn't have entries for the amiibo units currently, it would simply skip over those PIDs while randomizing units. You could get away with using the auto join file, but the amiibo units wouldn't be randomized at all.

I'm planning on adding in options for randomizing the amiibo units and Anna once I get the time, but for the moment the randomizer only shuffles characters in the base game.

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally dumped, how do I go about to getting my romfs out of this though, since it's just a cia? Sorry for the questions, I've never done it this way.

nvm, that worked, but for some reason I didn't get a castle_join.bin..

Last edited by EmblemCrossing,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    People can dislike Windows all they want. But I will call out the over-exaggerations, misconceptions, half truths, and lies about it.
    +2
    Tired of the entire "BUT BUT BUT WINDOWZ SPYWARE!!!" thing too, when the same people give out tons of their personal info to plenty of other companies but say nothing about it.
    +3
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Companies do the exact same thing with other companies as well, so it's not just Microsoft. There are 3rd-parties like 'data brokers'.
    I'm 52 years old and one of my jobs in life was marketing research. Im well aware. I've been online for around 30 years. Everyone and their grandmother already has my personal information. One more having my email address isn't ruining my life or even effecting me in any way whatsoever.
    +1
    In fact. I freely give info. Stuff like gasoline apps, to save $, grocery apps, lots of cash back from rakuten, etc. etc.
    +1
    $300 back last year from Rakuten for allowing them to track my purchase. I'll take the money for them to know I bought a bunch of stuff for my cat and some video games. lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No matter what you sign up for your info is out there
    +1
    Thats what im saying
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Exactly.
    And for people to say things like "But I use all fake info". No, they don't. lol. They use fake info for all of their banking and online shopping? Fake shipping address, fake payment info? lol
    Fake name, address and payment info for internet service, etc? lol. Ill say it again. Everyone freaks out about OMG WINDOWS!! But crickets on anything else they do.
    Other windows stuff people complain about hypocritically too. Like "But but but Windows bundle junk apps!!!!" Yeah?? So do many Linux distributions. Dont like it? Use one without them. Same with windows. Either find a pre-made version without the bundled stuff, or very easily make your own installer with what you want and do not want.
    +1
  • console @ console:
    I agree with all above! Microsoft made a biggest mess with us and everyone! I wish Microsoft company should be fired then lost it. LOL :rofl2:
    +1
    I dont like the stuff added either. I have zero use for copilot or recall. But I also just simply disable it and move on.
    +2
    Always disabled dumb cortana from day 1 too.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    When you're a billion dollar company even upper management is just peons to the company
    +1
    MS is funny. Insider programs for both Windows and Xbox, where they listen to absolutely none of the insider feedback and just do what the fuck they want. lolol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xbox idea to make midrange consoles saved them this Gen and buying your wife
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    The Xbox is dying already. I don't know what to say, Microsoft takes the L for that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How is the Xbox dying?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xbox one sold nearly 60 million units
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when Phil was going to buy out more studios to work with them? I guess they couldn't keep up with demands.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They already have dozens of studios with big names why care about little Jim making your favorite indie point and click exclusive
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Florida just getting your driver's license.... They sell your phone number and address to marketing companies lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Florida just getting your driver's license.... They sell your phone number and address to...