Hacking [WIP] KARL3DS - Kernel access on N3DS via Ninjhax + Loadcode

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted-355425

Going to catch up on this thread when im back from work.. First time I've opened it, looks interesting to say the least.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Going to catch up on this thread when im back from work.. First time I've opened it, looks interesting to say the least.
indeed...it is! :grog:.. the progress is great and the result will be of great quality, that's why they take their time to make it with less bug as possible..
in my opinion, it will be epic for the N3DS's scene's futur develloppements!:yay:

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a really stupid idea for the 8.1J N3DS Systems.

Premise: By doing a 3DS Download Play Session between two systems, the client 3DS will ask to update to whatever version the host 3DS is on.

Idea:
  1. Once KARL3DS is completed, change a 3DS to the Japanese region (The host system), update it to 9.2 using UpdateCIA, and start a download play session with any game.
  2. On the N3DS 8.1J (Client System) click the game in download play, and it'll ask to update.
Problems: Since the old 3DS isn't going to have all the firmware files necessary, this might only be possible with a New 3DS XL (U) as the host? Who knows. Just something I've been thinking about.

I was under the impression that the current implementation of KARL3DS on the New 3DS XL (U) partially relies on the web browser, which isn't an issue since most of our systems shipped with 9.0.0 but the New 3DS (J) didn't. Could something like this possibly get the browser back on the system?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

Premise: By doing a 3DS Download Play Session between two systems, the client 3DS will ask to update to whatever version the host 3DS is on.

Idea:
  1. Once KARL3DS is completed, change a 3DS to the Japanese region (The host system), update it to 9.2 using UpdateCIA, and start a download play session with any game.
  2. On the N3DS 8.1J (Client System) click the game in download play, and it'll ask to update.
Problems: Since the old 3DS isn't going to have all the firmware files necessary, this might only be possible with a New 3DS XL (U) as the host? Who knows. Just something I've been thinking about.
pretty sure it still wouldnt install the browser, as thats seen as a "optional" title, so its skipped when doing on cart updates...and most likely with download play updates

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Idea:

I know when I had a 9.5 emunand 3DS (host) try to download play with my 9.0 N3DS it said I had to update my N3DS (along with an update button ofc) so that might work. Make sure u turn off wifi when you do it ofc :P

sanni

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Having a N3DS 9.0.0 as download play host and a 2DS 6.2.0 as client did not trigger any update prompt, at least not with Luigi's Mansion 2. What game did you use?

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting video.... Anyway back to topic.

Don't listen to any haters. I mean someone will eventually make one that enables piracy.... So why divert attention and effort into making one? Let others who really want to make a ROM loader make it themselves. Your own goals are your own goals. Don't let haters make you change your mind.

Reactions: Zidapi

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure that they were prepared for the people who keep asking to enable piracy for 3DS roms on KARL3DS. After all, they're doing this on their free time and not getting paid for it. Plus, it's the internet and some of those people who asked to enable piracy will definitely use KARL3DS once it's released despite hating on it. Can't really take anything serious, either way. :P

Other than that, they're making great progress! :D

Reactions: puss2puss

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
.... Anyway back to topic.
Don't listen to any haters. I mean someone will eventually make one that enables piracy....
...Don't let haters make you change your mind.

..well that wasnt really the topic either :moogle: btw, a mod (Vulpes) is now moderating this thread, so it should now stay about the real main subject :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3