ROM Hack [WIP] MHX Translation Patch (ENG)

missinsummer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
will i got banned using this?
i am using CIA version with GW9.5. (CIA is the untouched)
method is :NTR 3.1, works great!

and BTW, how do i unpatch this by using the NTR method?
what if new version release? should i just go SD card and replace the files, and then go to NTR re do the patching?

i guess the NTR method , it is not really modifying my CIA right? just "add a layer of translates over the jap scrpit" right?

Last edited by missinsummer,

Deneviel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So... Future updates... What can we expect now that dasding is dropping the project?

Well there are only 2 possible outcome.

1) The Project will be definitively dropped waiting for a localization... as off now it's more than playable and around 80% of in-game item and armor are traslated .. more or less like the old p3rd patch

2) The Community will go on with the traslation, but without someone like dasding managing the work the results may take a lot of time. I can already see the 10000 patch:

MHX eng version 1.0 by XXXX
MHX eng version 0.7 by YYYY
..... and so on

Deneviel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
will i got banned using this?
i am using CIA version with GW9.5. (CIA is the untouched)
method is :NTR 3.1, works great!

and BTW, how do i unpatch this by using the NTR method?
what if new version release? should i just go SD card and replace the files, and then go to NTR re do the patching?

i guess the NTR method , it is not really modifying my CIA right? just "add a layer of translates over the jap scrpit" right?

I don't know how Nintendo manage things but it will be quite hard that a traslation patch can be detected.

Detecting it would need a check on every single player and that would be a huge waste of money and time .... why bothering with that when there are tons of ppl with no license or out of region game?

missinsummer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know how Nintendo manage things but it will be quite hard that a traslation patch can be detected.

Detecting it would need a check on every single player and that would be a huge waste of money and time .... why bothering with that when there are tons of ppl with no license or out of region game?
maybe , to the Nintendo server, PATCHED translated CIA is the same as piracy game, they just ban it without the need to distinguish them, just because the server feels "weird of this client".

so actually this NTR method is much more safer than the entire-CIA-patch-repatch thing?

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
Patch v5

Download

Changelog:
  • Translated some textures
  • Fixed Bow arrow types
  • Added some Palico Armor and Weapons
  • Added some BBQ Service menu translations
  • Added online passcode message
  • Added Traveler Menu
  • Added some Hunter's List information
  • Added more menu dialogs
  • Various Changes and Fixes
  • Fixed nearly all reported issues
As stated yesterday there won't be much involvement by me. Two team members still have some stuff they want to finish, which i will include in updates.
Here is the google sheet, right now it includes Weapons, Palico Weapons, Palico Armor and Kitchen related stuff:

Google Sheet

If some people feel up to the task of moderating the sheet and can somehow proof their competence to me (cause i don't want delusional 14 year olds) we can arrange a comment only sheet which mods will be able to verify and accept.

You can still report issues which i will look at and hopefully fix.
The next patch update will be on Saturday and then i will probably change to weekly updates.

kantana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Patch v5

Download

Changelog:
  • Translated some textures
  • Fixed Bow arrow types
  • Added some Palico Armor and Weapons
  • Added some BBQ Service menu translations
  • Added online passcode message
  • Added Traveler Menu
  • Added some Hunter's List information
  • Added more menu dialogs
  • Various Changes and Fixes
  • Fixed nearly all reported issues
As stated yesterday there won't be much involvement by me. Two team members still have some stuff they want to finish, which i will include in updates.
Here is the google sheet, right now it includes Weapons, Palico Weapons, Palico Armor and Kitchen related stuff:

Google Sheet

If some people feel up to the task of moderating the sheet and can somehow proof their competence to me (cause i don't want delusional 14 year olds) we can arrange a comment only sheet which mods will be able to verify and accept.

You can still report issues which i will look at and hopefully fix.
The next patch update will be on Saturday and then i will probably change to weekly updates.

Many thanks Dasding for all your hard work. It's always getting the initial release out that's the most difficult part. You can't always make everyone happy and there will always be some people that won't be satisfied. I was always looking forward to a partway translation like MHP3rd which would allow me to enjoy the game by providing easy access to the relevant game menus and mechanics.
Hope you enjoy your well earned rest on this.

SlibIsSandwich

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a friend of mine came back from his first ever trip to Japan and brought 4 Copies of Monster Hunter X and two Jpn N3DS. So I ended up using OoTHax to to region free so we could play on my N3DSXL and our other friends O3DSXL with capture card. The thing is this is the first we ever looked into messing with this and have no idea where to start with the English Patch. I was hoping the community could help us out. Seems like we have to go a step further and actually install Custom Firmware?

missinsummer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i use dasding proxy quest maker a lot in 4u to practice the monster i want (more efficient than go level140 straight even with infinite max potion...)
and now dasding is working on this project that i have already been greatly benefit from.
i want to donate you some $$ just to say true thank to you.

Verack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The v5 patch untranslated a lot of materials gathering quests that were translated in the v4 patch. Unless I somehow patched it incorrectly in such a way that it only untranslated a few things, it's got something wrong with it.

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
The v5 patch untranslated a lot of materials gathering quests that were translated in the v4 patch. Unless I somehow patched it incorrectly in such a way that it only untranslated a few things, it's got something wrong with it.

You're right i suggest keeping all the quest arcs from v4. v6 on saturday will have them again.

Flowey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a friend of mine came back from his first ever trip to Japan and brought 4 Copies of Monster Hunter X and two Jpn N3DS. So I ended up using OoTHax to to region free so we could play on my N3DSXL and our other friends O3DSXL with capture card. The thing is this is the first we ever looked into messing with this and have no idea where to start with the English Patch. I was hoping the community could help us out. Seems like we have to go a step further and actually install Custom Firmware?

Unless you're below 9.2 firmware, you can't use the english patch. You have to wait til Smealum(or someone else) fixes HANS to work with newer games. There's a chance this may never happen.

Ermelber

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Italy
I've the layeredFS NTR CFW plugin for MHX (I've downloaded it from the main post). I've run NTR CFW and started MHX (cia) but the game wouldn't patch. Any ideas?

Deneviel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes. Does it matter I'm on o3ds?

Pretty sure has already been asked ... btw, if i remeber well, it seems that MHX ( like MH4U ) use all the RAM of the o3ds; and since NTR is supposted to work in the backgorund using extra RAM it's automatically closed.

Long story short u won't be able to run NTR and MHX on o3ds

If u have RXTool go for the prepatched .CIA version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    WafflesMcDuff @ WafflesMcDuff: Current situation...