ROM Hack [WIP / Revival (again)] Tomodachi Collection music over Tomodachi Life.

Lavaimp

☆ミ
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The amount of threads on this are ridiculous and I apologize, I just didn't want to necro any dead threads.
I'm currently working on this, and I intend to see it through. I have found the location of the room & apartments themes, but i DON'T know how to modify sequence files or replace them with the ones from Collection.

I have the sf2 and midi for collection, but I also don't have any clue how to recompile the bscar file after editing.
These appear to be the main hindrances I'm coming across. I also need a way to access some audio files that are not present on youtube for looping
(i.e. the fight music, so on)

Here's the wip Gamebanana link as well:
https://gamebanana.com/wips/56934

Any help is greatly appreciated.

orii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi! It's been a while since this post was made, and I'm not sure if you're still continuing this, but I've posted all the Tomodachi Collection OST on Youtube recently. Just search "Tomodachi Collection OST" on Youtube and look for a playlist made by "Mango". You should also try checking it out before it gets taken down. ^^;

Also, I don't know if you already found a solution, but maybe you could try LoopingAudioConverter or Citric Composer for recompiling the bcsar file..?

As for modifying or replacing the sequence files... I haven't found much information about it yet. Maybe I'll try to inform you if I do find any.

Good luck with modding the game!! It's really cool to see someone making a mod for Tomodachi Collection. I'd love to help out more if I can, but I don't know much about modding myself. :"D

Last edited by orii,

Lavaimp

☆ミ
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I can still attempt to work on this mod, given I would really enjoy having the old game's music in the new one. The main problem that put me at a standstill was the bscar file, and I can't seem to find too much help regarding it. Everything I did find was either out of date or lead to a dead end.

orii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hm... after some searching, I also couldn't find anything about recompiling bcsar files. The only software I could find that lets you do something similar is the Retsuko Sound Tool. It lets you inject files into a bcsar. I think you'll also have to extract the bcsar using this tool to get the files you need to edit (and later re-inject back into the bcsar.)

So instead of recompiling the edited files into a new bcsar, you could replace the files in the old bcsar with your edited files using this tool. Would that solve the problem? :o

(Sorry, I'd include a link to the tool but I'm not allowed to. You can find the tool on the Github page for Citric Composer)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi