pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
downgraded one new3ds (fw 9.9) with sysupdater and another one (fw 9.9) with safesysupdater.

sysupdater is a little bit stressful - i had to try a lot of times to get it run.
safesysupdater is nice - just needed 2 trys to get it working.

thank you some much for your work! both consoles were downgraded successful!

if anybody has a black screen after downgrading - just remove the "Nintendo 3DS" Folder from SD Card!
you dont have to remove the entire nintendo 3ds folder

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@cpasjuste this is my favorite version of sysupdater it seems to actually load a much higher % of the time.
i have one suggestion to make it safer, could you make it downgrade CVer as the very first thing it does that way if it crashes before completion no matter where it crashes people could always use a fire emblem fates cart to go back to a complete 10.3.
i've used this program three times, twice were successful but the third time crashed at some point after it started but before it finished and because my 3ds still thought it was on 10.3 i had to keep trying from that halfway point which took six hours somehow. i switched so regular sysupdater after that and haven't had any problems but it just doesn't seem as reliable. if you just made that one change every failure and frankenfirmware could be easily fixed.

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, after looking at all your reports (thanks), i think it may be usefull to downgrade browser and homemenu last. I did modify safeSysUpdater for this. Here is the last 3 dowgraded files :

0004013820000002 (NFIRM) : v.23341 -> v.17120 -> DONE
0004003020009d02 : v.6144 -> v.10 -> DONE
0004003000009802 : v.24576 -> v.12288 -> DONE

Does someone with the knowledge/hardmod or better a device/version which was crashing can test this new version ? It will probably crash on latest title but since it's homemenu and since it should be installed correctly, the downgrade should work.

DO NOT USE IT IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING

Attachments

• SafeSysUpdater.3dsx-testing2.zip
    199.9 KB · Views: 218
Last edited by cpasjuste,
Reactions: fasax and ihaveahax

lolz5521

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
successfully dowgraded my 3ds to 9.20 with ninjhax 2.6 (though horrible boot rate) just wanna say thanks!

Edit: by the way i tried run downgrade check and got this result :
87c22d455905b42c84e36a2082da0337.jpg

Is that something i should worry about?

Last edited by lolz5521,
D

Deleted User

So, after looking at all your reports (thanks), i think it may be usefull to downgrade browser and homemenu last. I did modify safeSysUpdater for this. Here is the last 3 dowgraded files :

0004013820000002 (NFIRM) : v.23341 -> v.17120 -> DONE
0004003020009d02 : v.6144 -> v.10 -> DONE
0004003000009802 : v.24576 -> v.12288 -> DONE

Does someone with the knowledge/hardmod or better a device/version which was crashing can test this new version ? It will probably crash on latest title but since it's homemenu and since it should be installed correctly, the downgrade should work.

DO NOT USE IT IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING

I'll take a look. Though does this install them last for all regions? (pretty sure you did but the two you listed above are EU titles)

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
successfully dowgraded my 3ds to 9.20 with ninjhax 2.6 (though horrible boot rate) just wanna say thanks!

Edit: by the way i tried run downgrade check and got this result :
Is that something i should worry about?
No !

I'll take a look. Though does this install them last for all regions? (pretty sure you did but the two you listed above are EU titles)
Yes, for all supported regions (EUR, USA, JPN)

D

Deleted User

Thx. Going to give it a go on my test 2DS 9.2>10.2 then downgrade. I'll edit this post with thoughts and results.

Edit: Failed to downgrade a 2DS. Got a HAX SUCESSS message and verified updates but blew through the downgrade list in about 0.5 seconds. System rebooted but still on 10.2.

Attached log. Doesn't show much other than the sucesss (lol) but if you want I can record a video. It flew through the downgrade (doesn't look like it actually installed anything)

Attachments

• SafeSys.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 121
Last edited by ,

jantunes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Used this to downgrade a 3ds in 9.9. It showed an error halfway (a regular 3ds error saying to shut down the console). After I rebooted, I can't boot into hobrew launcher again (using menuhax) and the only signs of life the console shows is if I press the power button it shows me the sleep message thing.
How can I fix this now?

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thx. Going to give it a go on my test 2DS 9.2>10.2 then downgrade. I'll edit this post with thoughts and results.

Edit: Failed to downgrade a 2DS. Got a HAX SUCESSS message and verified updates but blew through the downgrade list in about 0.5 seconds. System rebooted but still on 10.2.

Attached log. Doesn't show much other than the sucesss (lol) but if you want I can record a video. It flew through the downgrade (doesn't look like it actually installed anything)
My bad, i uploaded a version that just simulate the downgrade... Here is the correct one.

Attachments

• SafeSysUpdater.3dsx-testing2.zip
    199.9 KB · Views: 217

bushwick2002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried my 3rd downgrade using SafeSysUpdater .09. It failed but this time it was a bit different probably because I used menuhax instead of oothax. I have a video of 3ds #2 downgrade and this current one if it will help diagnose the issue

Below are the steps I did.
Pokemon 20th Anniversary New 3DS
-Downloaded 9.2.0-20U(Full)_n3DS.zip from that iso site. Confirm MD5 checksum.
-Format microSD Card.
-Extract to the updates folder along with homebrew starters pack.
-Used browserhax to install menuhax to boot homebrew launcher as suggested.
-Ran safeSysUpdater 0.9, Press A to confirm files are correct and not corrupted.
-Launch Safesysupdater again and press Y to downgrade. Everything was GOOD for integrity but then black screen when downgrading 004003000008f02: v.2258 -> v.12288 ->. I waited 20mins and then force power off. Booted up system and its still on the same firmware so not not completely bad. the previous two were bricked and I had to use recovery to upgrade to 10.6.

EDIT: menuhax and bowserhax stopped working due to the bad downgrade. After doing research and replacing the payload to 9.2, I was able to use bowserhax to downgrade again. After several tries; it finally downgraded successfully.

Attachments

• crash.png
    crash.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 323
Last edited by bushwick2002,

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Here is a test release of SafeSysUpdater.

This one does include the latest "svchax" released, so should work from >9.2 to 10.6. It also include the latest changes made to the downgrade order (browser and homemenu upgrade last, i hope this can prevent any soft brick).

I'm waiting for reports before an official release.

Thanks !

Attachments

• SafeSysUpdater.3dsx-1.0-testing.zip
    202.2 KB · Views: 1,512
Reactions: Nirmonculus

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
Hi,

This one does include the latest "svchax" released, so should work from >9.2 to 10.6. It also include the latest changes made to the downgrade order (browser and homemenu upgrade last, i hope this can prevent any soft brick).

Thanks !
Great work! thank you.

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Thanks !
Any chance these changes may help if the downgrade process would fully complete going from 10.6 to 9.2 (reports success, press b to restart, but then show error and black screen with/without sd in system, essentially a softbrick)? Been trying to avoid a system format, which is the common solution to make the downgrade a success in my case.

EDIT: I guess I could be the guinea pig, lol. No hardmod on this, so...perhaps not.

Last edited by dronesplitter,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!