ROM Hack [WIP] Taiko no Tatsujin: Dokodon! Mystery Adventure! - English Translation

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
So, I took a chance at recreating the background of the logo using the PSD that was uploaded by endawmyke, This is the current WIP right now.

Uploaded the PSD with all layers here:
https://mega.nz/#!REUhDSTD
lM9I7pK.jpg
Holy shit! That looks fantastic! Way better than it did when I was fiddling around with it a few nights back. Incredible work thus far! Can't wait to see the final logo once you're done working on it!

Looking Good :)

On an unrelated note, I'm just going to leave this here...

Man, @DarkSynopsis, that is awesome! Absolutely, incredibly awesome! I can't wait to see how that matures in the future. Just the thought of custom DLC is rad, but the reality of a custom DLC BUILDER is even more rad! (I'm running out of synonyms for awesome, here!)

Ahaha, I don't touch the game for about a day so I can play ZTD and so much progress happens! :D This is really nice! Everyone keep up the awesome work! :yay3ds:

Reactions: Lycan911

Elratauru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Glad you guys liked it! It was a fast attempt at it. Some people may remember I have done quite a few other Rythmn Game icons (if somebody knows me from Sows, thats awesome) in the past, so this was a breeze :P

Here is my final logo:

- Changed the Mystery Adventure font to something for fitting.
- Changed the Dokodon font to fit properly the spacing, redid the whole shading too.
- Edited the whole stone tablet, added details everywhere.
- Added the missing shading on the Taiko Drum Master words, along with the Registered Mark.

You guys can download the PSD with the logo as a smart object (Double click to edit if needed) it from here:
https://mega.nz/#!4d9ViSKT!2PU2ukP4ccNsKDj79iB3MAPN9kSTCPagheI5rt9KDXA

i7pmAD8.jpg

Edit; Added the Decrypt key with the link, just use that one.

Last edited by Elratauru,

endawmyke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad you guys liked it! It was a fast attempt at it. Some people may remember I have done quite a few other Rythmn Game icons (if somebody knows me from Sows, thats awesome) in the past, so this was a breeze :P

Here is my final logo:

- Changed the Dokodon font to fit properly the spacing, redid the whole shading too.
- Added the missing shading on the Taiko Drum Master words, along with the Registered Mark.

You guys can download the PSD with the logo as a smart object (Double click to edit if needed) it from here:
https://mega.nz/#!4d9ViSKT

i7pmAD8.jpg

Holy shit mine looks like trash compared to this, this is awesome dude!! love that you added the registered trademark.

edit: need the decrypt key for mega

Last edited by endawmyke,

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

Here is my final logo:

https://mega.nz/#!4d9ViSKT!2PU2ukP4ccNsKDj79iB3MAPN9kSTCPagheI5rt9KDXA

i7pmAD8.jpg

Edit; Added the Decrypt key with the link, just use that one.
Holy shit man! I absolutely LOVE it! I'll plug it into the game as soon as I can! Absolutely awesome work!! Thank you so much for taking a crack at it!

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Man, @DarkSynopsis, that is awesome! Absolutely, incredibly awesome! I can't wait to see how that matures in the future. Just the thought of custom DLC is rad, but the reality of a custom DLC BUILDER is even more rad! (I'm running out of synonyms for awesome, here!)

Just an idea that struck one night, hopefully its something I can get working and put out, not toyed with it since that video! any free time I've found to mess with Taiko has been trying to get custom .naac files to work correct! I mean they play in-game the whole song plays out but at the end it just gets stuck on "Clear" or "Full Combo" whichever and doesn't hit the result screen :(

I've thought maybe the timing of the song is within the header of the .naac and since I'm ripping from an original Taiko one into my own the time code could be off, tried making an exact length song as the one I take the header from and nothing... next leaves me to believe there is something at the end of the file that tells the game to call the result screen but for the life of me I can't work it out.

Might have to give up :( would have been nice to bring over some songs not found in a 3DS Taiko already but I've spent countless hours getting no where, shouldn't surprise, all the hex editing I've been doing I just stumbled into getting stuff working ;)

Here is my final logo:

Awesome! nice to see detail get added back into the stone tablet :)
New title screen! Thank you so much @Elratauru! It looks freaking AWESOME! :yay3ds:

Does look sweet, next patch is going to be nice! English Logo, some English text... Woo!

Reactions: tiduscrying

dasding

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
Just an idea that struck one night, hopefully its something I can get working and put out, not toyed with it since that video! any free time I've found to mess with Taiko has been trying to get custom .naac files to work correct! I mean they play in-game the whole song plays out but at the end it just gets stuck on "Clear" or "Full Combo" whichever and doesn't hit the result screen :(

I've thought maybe the timing of the song is within the header of the .naac and since I'm ripping from an original Taiko one into my own the time code could be off, tried making an exact length song as the one I take the header from and nothing... next leaves me to believe there is something at the end of the file that tells the game to call the result screen but for the life of me I can't work it out.

Might have to give up :( would have been nice to bring over some songs not found in a 3DS Taiko already but I've spent countless hours getting no where, shouldn't surprise, all the hex editing I've been doing I just stumbled into getting stuff working ;)

Awesome! nice to see detail get added back into the stone tablet :)

Does look sweet, next patch is going to be nice! English Logo, some English text... Woo!

rather at the end of the aac i see some meta info at the start of it. if you compare these values with the sample count you might find your end marker.

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
rather at the end of the aac i see some meta info at the start of it. if you compare these values with the sample count you might find your end marker.

Had not looked at that, clueless when it comes to audio files, checking the sample count in Audacity assuming I'm doing it right, guess I'll comb through the header some more.

Don't know if that its though :( I've taken say skorpg_3ds.naac from Taiko 2 imported it into Audacity, exported it back out and converted it back to an .naac and then took the header from the original skorpg and game still doesn't trigger the results screen, should still have the same end marker.

dasding

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
I think the marker would most probably not survive an conversion. Because it's not a format standard. Audacity wouldn't know how to handle it probably.

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, after digging through the game's files, I cannot for the life of me find where the keyboard information is. In the "nameentry" folder, the texture is present, and I can edit the keys to display whatever, but this doesn't change what is typed (I thought there might be an icecube's chance in hell it might). In "system" I can't determine which file would be related to name entry/renaming since none of them really seem like they would change it. Perhaps it is one of the info dat files that were along with CharaName.dat but I have no idea. So the chances of us being able to edit the keyboard and allow English names might be slimmer than I had hoped. I also though that the keyboard could be stored in the "script_b" folder, but I didn't find anything that looked like it would be it. So I dunno. Maybe it could be in the .code.bin or something? I have heard of some games keeping weird things in their code.bin files in the past...

Other than that though, the english logo has been injected into the banner.bnr and should show up just fine for every region! I haven't rebuilt a CIA to test it yet, but I am sure it'll look great! One thing I still need to figure out is how to edit the icon.icn/icon.bin file properly. Whenever I try to edit it using EFE or Bannertool, the changes never stick for some reason. I must be doing something wrong, eugh.

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Finished the banner and made the icon using the smdh/icon-generation site! Everything looks great, but for some reason the new icon won't let the game launch... It just hangs on the 3DS logo. This has happened to me before, unfortunately, so I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Anybody know if there is something special I have to do to get the icon.bin working properly? I'll attach it just in case anyone wants to take a look at what's up.

B0ARvaG.jpg
Kx14Wn9.jpg

Attachments

• icon.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 272

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I think the marker would most probably not survive an conversion. Because it's not a format standard. Audacity wouldn't know how to handle it probably.

So the marker is not part of the first 1000 bytes (header) that I'm copying over from original file to new file? my head hurts... think I'll just go back to working on the DLC Builder for now and get back trying to get custom sound files to end later :P

Finished the banner and made the icon using the smdh/icon-generation site! Everything looks great, but for some reason the new icon won't let the game launch... It just hangs on the 3DS logo. This has happened to me before, unfortunately, so I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Anybody know if there is something special I have to do to get the icon.bin working properly?

Looking Good! Don't know much about the issue, if you are missing a games SEED don't they hang at the 3DS Logo? Most CIA files on that iso site are Cryptofixed so you don't need it, maybe you lost that when you rebuilt with the new banner? I think you can now use FBI to download SEEDs for games, that would at least be a quick way to test if it is that.

Edit:
Well ran into something I don't think we can get around, song scores are tied to the Song IDs so say I've got say ID 70 as Rising Hope and I later replace that song since I don't want it any more and put in Gimme Choco!! on 70, its still going to have my score from Rising Hope.

Can you clear scores within the game? I don't find it a HUGE deal myself since I just like to interact with the music, don't really care what score I'm getting.

Last edited by DarkSynopsis,

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand

Quick update on the DLC Builder! I say quick but I think its around the same length as the first video :P

I think the code behind it all is mostly done at this point its just a matter of converting songs to Mystery Adventure format and for use with the tool, might have to do a sneaky private Alpha or something to make sure it works on other machines, done all the Mystery Adventure DLC songs so far, 1 Chibi Dragon and like 4 Don Katsu so far.

Reactions: Flannel

dasding

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany

Quick update on the DLC Builder! I say quick but I think its around the same length as the first video :P

I think the code behind it all is mostly done at this point its just a matter of converting songs to Mystery Adventure format and for use with the tool, might have to do a sneaky private Alpha or something to make sure it works on other machines, done all the Mystery Adventure DLC songs so far, 1 Chibi Dragon and like 4 Don Katsu so far.

sign me up for that private alpha :D ! If you need any help don't hesitate to message me ;)

Reactions: DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
sign me up for that private alpha :D ! If you need any help don't hesitate to message me ;)

Sure thing! I mean you did build the scripts to translate .dat files!

Hmm, few days since a post, I think that is my cue for another update on the DLC Builder ;)

I think its mostly done at this point, happy with where its at compared to earlier posts, pretty much once I sat down and re-coded it to get rid of the Proof of Concept restrictions I was happy.

Toyed with bringing over Taiko DX DLC again, finally found the damn value I needed to change to get songs to end correctly! not sure why it works but it does and I won't argue with that.

After I got it working I spent some time on the dancers, with some effort took the sprites from Taiko DX so they had the same look in the DLC, also added the background and the fever crowd :)

shiduyo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I haven't posted on this thread at all, but I just wanna say thanks to everyone supporting this and everyone on the team! The patch has come along really nicely and it almost feels like an official localization kinda ww
Also, if anyone is wondering, I haven't started story translations for this at all ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

tiduscrying

that butt...
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Okay! So I was just about to release patch version 1.0, but the game itself just received a v1.1 update in Japan. I installed the update over my patched game and it of course caused some issues... I don't quite know what I should patch now though. The update the game received patches some issues with the notes and system text. This stuff was all translated on my end, and installing the update replaces the translated graphics with the new fixed ones. This makes sense. But I just don't know what I should do now as far as releasing the 1.0 english patch.

Is there any way to combine the update with my CIA and have it not cause any issues with prompting users to update on the home screen? Or should I just patch the update with the english files as well? Since the update is ~20MB and only replaces a few graphics, this wouldn't be a major issue, it would just make more patches for people to download.

Somewhat out-there question, does the code.bin effect any of this? Would replacing the game's 1.0 vanilla code.bin with the 1.1 version (as well as adding in the patched, fixed files) work if I rebuilt the CIA and installed it? Just a thought.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong