ROM Hack [WIP] The Fourth Dimension: A Super Mario 3D land level editor

mustafag32g

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey Exelix11 :D

Do you have any idea if it is somehow possible to show text in game :)?

Like a message that pops up in a specific location ?

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey Exelix11
Do you have any idea if it is somehow possible to show text in game ?
Like a message that pops up in a specific location ?
unfortunately the game doesn't have this function, it would be impossible without ASM hacking, the best option would be point the camera 2D like and make the text appear as a texture (or multiple small textures) on a plane.
Or maybe the sketchup thing to write text as a model

Reactions: mustafag32g

EpioZyto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey Exelix,
i have a little problem. I'm trying to import Whomp's Fortress into SM3DL, and i have done everything, placed cameras, put objects everywhere etc. but when i loaded it into SM3DL, this happened:
0wxJFBy.png

Can you help me with this? All the camera stuff and collision works and all the objects are placed correctly, just the main 3D model is misplaced. Can you help me?

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey Exelix,
i have a little problem. I'm trying to import Whomp's Fortress into SM3DL, and i have done everything, placed cameras, put objects everywhere etc. but when i loaded it into SM3DL, this happened:
0wxJFBy.png

Can you help me with this? All the camera stuff and collision works and all the objects are placed correctly, just the main 3D model is misplaced. Can you help me?
How did you import the model ? Try using maya or 3dsmax + NW4C

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just downloaded the model and ran it through the 4th Dimension and put it into my SM3DL romfs folder.
Yeah, that's a known problem, because some reasons, some models when converted with EFE method have this problem, i don't know what causes it, the only workaround is to create the bcmdl with the leaked NW4C tools

Louis Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm working for a Pack with new and fixed models for the editor, because, i thought, that we could give the models in the editor a better and more useful look :)

WMdooFz.png

eib1HVw.png

C2MM4ke.png

cavSm55.png

5TAiCkM.png

mW1KxQV.png

But there is only one problem:
The new version does not have a DB editor anymore and the ItemBlocks will only have the normal model in the editor. Is it possible, to add this DB editor again?

If someone is interested in this, here is a download :)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dfhayswtdkwchkk/AAAlYoj94CHs6DsNr-N7U36Ca?dl=0

Last edited by Louis Miles,

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm working for a Pack with new and fixed models for the editor, because, i thought, that we could give the models in the editor a better and more useful look :)

WMdooFz.png

eib1HVw.png

But there is only one problem:
The new version does not have a DB editor anymore and the ItemBlocks will only have the normal model in the editor. Is it possible, to add this DB editor again?

If someone is interested in this, here is a download :)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0y1e91g9c8fy5e0/AADQNNPfgZrU3m5vkyhbJzb8a?dl=0
Yes, i'll add the objectdb editor again, as a workaround you can manually edit the current db with something like notepad++ (you can't use an older version of the editor since i changed the format), you just need to put the filename in the model tag.
you can also host your custom db somewere so who uses it just need to change the download url in the settings to automatically download it.

mustafag32g

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I really like it :-)

However it still needs work. The camera needs to be fixed/better, and I think the model should overall be a little bit larger.

Also what is up with the dark areas ? A little bit of shading would also do wonders :D

But overall it is really good ! Be proud mate

StarLight42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exelix11, do you think you could make a feature that rapidly generates a bunch of TransparentWalls in a setup like this?

1IdYXRW.png

(Sorry picture is so big, stupid GBATemp doesn't have a imgs feature)

Basically to make a 2D Area you have to place two sets of those transparent walls extremely close together. This is SUPER OBNOXIOUS to do. I think a feature that adds a bunch of them in this format at once would be great.

To get more of an idea of what I mean check here: http://neomariogalaxy.bplaced.net/?page=thread&id=246

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Exelix11, do you think you could make a feature that rapidly generates a bunch of TransparentWalls in a setup like this?

1IdYXRW.png

(Sorry picture is so big, stupid GBATemp doesn't have a imgs feature)

Basically to make a 2D Area you have to place two sets of those transparent walls extremely close together. This is SUPER OBNOXIOUS to do. I think a feature that adds a bunch of them in this format at once would be great.

To get more of an idea of what I mean check here: http://neomariogalaxy.bplaced.net/?page=thread&id=246
Yes i'll add it, are there other objects that would be useful to automatically generate ? I think i'll add a batch object placer.

@mustafag32g Are you still working on that hack ?

StarLight42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, just make sure it adds a long row of them with one more on top of each one so that mario cant jump out of the 2d area. Its hard to explain. if you'd like me to give you a level as an example I will :)

Yes we are still working on the hack. Progress has been slow because of school. We will probably finish it by the end of winter break.

Reactions: mustafag32g

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, just make sure it adds a long row of them with one more on top of each one so that mario cant jump out of the 2d area. Its hard to explain. if you'd like me to give you a level as an example I will :)

Yes we are still working on the hack. Progress has been slow because of school. We will probably finish it by the end of winter break.
I understood what you need, i think it will ask the number of walls to place horizontally and vertically.
I didn't follow the development of the hack because my pc broke, anyway since the 15th school starts for me too, i think the update will be out in the next days

Louis Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can also give the walls a larger scale. It's one of the rare objects, that supports scaling. Woodenboxes also supports that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.