Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
okay , i really need some help now.
i have got one of these today
LINKSYS WUSB54GS & WRT54GSUK SPEEDBOOSTER 125g ROUTER AND USB ADAPTER
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/63763
but i cannot connect to the wireless part, i have tried my ds and my wii, but nothing.

i have n t l broadband, connected via ethernet cable into the internet port on the router. another ethernet cable from port 1 to my computer, but i get no sign of an access point.

which this tells me it has.

any help

D

Deleted User

Try changing the channel to 11. I hear that helps.
When you set it up did you hide the SSiD? If so you'll have to manually type that in in your connections settings on your Wii and DS.

D

Deleted User

O.k try this.
1. Unplug your router from the internet and plug your computer back into your modem.
2. Reset your router. There should be a reset button on the back of the router. Turn the router on, wait for it to power up and press it with a match or something similar. Then wait for the router to settle for about 30 seconds or so. Turn it off.
3. Now you've done that plug your router into your modem again from the internet slot to the back of the modem using the cable that came with the router only, don't put the computer into slot one for now. Turn on your router again.
4. Get your DS and see if it can find an access point. (You'll need a game like Mario Kart or Metroid prime to get to the WiFi connections setting screen.) If it does then test it to see if it will connect to the WiFi network.

If this has worked then your router will be known as 'working out of the box'. You can work backwards from here to set up your security settings manually. Just plug your computer into slot one and goto the 192.168.1.1 basic setup screen (Remember the default password is 'admin' with no username.) and set up yor security settings (MAC address filtering (Do this last.), WEP and hide SSiD for now.) and save each setting after you have typed them in and write the results down. Remember the DS will not recognise WPA enabled encryption so don't use that for now.

Let me know how you go. I'm guessing you're using some other setting than DHCP which is why you're having problems.

digitalforums

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
O.k try this.
1. Unplug your router from the internet and plug your computer back into your modem.
2. Reset your router. There should be a reset button on the back of the router. Turn the router on, wait for it to power up and press it with a match or something similar. Then wait for the router to settle for about 30 seconds or so. Turn it off.
3. Now you've done that plug your router into your modem again from the internet slot to the back of the modem using the cable that came with the router only, don't put the computer into slot one for now. Turn on your router again.
4. Get your DS and see if it can find an access point. (You'll need a game like Mario Kart or Metroid prime to get to the WiFi connections setting screen.) If it does then test it to see if it will connect to the WiFi network.

If this has worked then your router will be known as 'working out of the box'. You can work backwards from here to set up your security settings manually. Just plug your computer into slot one and goto the 192.168.1.1 basic setup screen (Remember the default password is 'admin' with no username.) and set up yor security settings (MAC address filtering (Do this last.), WEP and hide SSiD for now.) and save each setting after you have typed them in and write the results down. Remember the DS will not recognise WPA enabled encryption so don't use that for now.

Let me know how you go. I'm guessing you're using some other setting than DHCP which is why you're having problems.

cheers mate, i have tried everything you said and its still no go, i can use the wired side of it and all thats working fine, but as you said in number 3 , it should appear as an access point but it just does'nt.

i am also using dhcp
smile.gif

cheers

digitalforums

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i have tried to just connect the router to the modem and see if i could access it that way, but it still does not work.

so no computer connection , just a cable from the modem to the router, the wlan light is lit up but its not showing up when i scan.

really annoying me now, especially when linksys cannot even figure out why its not working.

i have tried,
changing to all different channels form 1-13
adding security and no security
i did get a wireless wusb54gs free with the wrt54gs but even that wont connect to it.
tried all different modes , mixed, b , g
we have no wireless senders or cordless phones in the house.
i have disabled zonealarm, and my avg.
now linksysy tell me that maybe the driver did not install properly, but when you check there website, it tells you that the routers dont use drivers ?

it cannot be anything wrong with my computer, as i have tried without the computer and still nothing.

should i have a wireless connection in my network connections, and/or should i have a wireless device in device manager.

the wired part works okay and i can link my laptop and xbox360 to that no problems.

D

Deleted User

Sorry I can't help you more. I'm using the model Linksys WRT54G (V.5) Broadband router myself and have had no problems connecting whatsoever. It worked right out of the box. It sounds like the router you bought might be rooted you could try sending it back for a refund.

D

Deleted User

Try this as a last resort:

Change the "Basic transmission" to 1-2 mbps, and the TX rate to 1mbps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My friends decide what I do with my cock