Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Luckkill4u said:
NDStemp said:
Can someone confirm for me if Wood R4 1.05 works online? I heard that you can't play with people with real copies of this game.
I don't see any possability how this could happen. Wood R4 is a firmware that runs off a flash cart that emulates NDS game as if it was the real cart. So far I played Soul Silver and D.I.Y and no problems, but now i'm wondering who you heard that from?

It's an anti-piracy problem. You needed a patch for it to work but I was wondering if it worked without any patches on the woodR4 firmware.

ZetraEX said:
QUOTE(DaDownloadMan @ Apr 17 2010, 06:11 PM)
cheats for all of my games does not work.
You have to activate the cheats on settings. Start -> Settings, and scroll right or left via those [] buttons. You'll eventually see something like Cheat AR, and it will be off.

Either that, or you don't have a .dat file with the cheats.

And here's my question: Is it possible to make it so that the firmware accepts images for themes above 16bit? The original R4 could accept any size of .bmp making it much easier to make custom themes.

There was a skin editor on the Acekard site that converts images above 16bit to 16bit images.

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZetraEX said:
DaDownloadMan said:
You have to activate the cheats on settings. Start -> Settings, and scroll right or left via those [] buttons. You'll eventually see something like Cheat AR, and it will be off.

And here's my question: Is it possible to make it so that the firmware accepts images for themes above 16bit? The original R4 could accept any size of .bmp making it much easier to make custom themes.
the cheats are still not working. i changed the off to on then i went file info of a game, pressed X, cheats, but didn't show anything.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaDownloadMan said:
ZetraEX said:
DaDownloadMan said:

the cheats are still not working. i changed the off to on then i went file info of a game, pressed X, cheats, but didn't show anything.

That's because you DON'T have cheats at ALL, you have to download them first silly
smile.gif

Go here: http://cheats.gbatemp.net/Temp/ download the newest file for TEMP_USRCHEAT.DAT.zip, extract the .dat file to your _r4>cheats directory(or whatever it's called) and you should now have cheats.

Actually this happened to me at first, though not really as I almost always update my cheats file after downloading a new firmware, I still had to find out what cheat file it would support and how to enable the cheats, save the cheats, enable the cheats and delete the cheat files, and later on even the save files for games. The problem here is that the Wood R4 firmware contains NO documents whatsoever, which is a darn shame cause I'm STILL trying to figure out how to add games and apps to my favorites.

A slight suggestion if you're reading this Yellow: would it be possible to support switching file options on the fly? like maybe with the select button? for example allow the select button to view Game(internal, external etc.) than Sav Files and than CC files. If I want to delete a sav or .cc file I have to enable it within the options, I don't do this a lot but when you have multiple saves(because I DO cheat on my games) and you want to remove the unwanted cc files and saves than this can and will become an issue.

Gamer4life

I am the Orange Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DIXES said:
Is it possible to support Opera Browser(UnPatched ver.) in future version of Wood R4?
And support every Expansion pack from slot-2 for Opera Browser.

Thanks and sorry for my English.
Um i use the opera web browser non patched with the opera expansion and it works

zwiti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
OMFG! This is the R4 firmware of the year. KUDOS TO THE MAKER! R4 NOW SUPPORTS WII CONECTIVITY! I can confirm that my Pokemon Platinum (USA) ROM can now connect to my wii without a problem! I love you! :3

Blazikun

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BUGS:
-whilst playing Final Fantasy - save file + usrcheat.dat corrupted my card. Firmware does not work and cannot launch the patched DLDI driver (possibly).
When booting YSMenu from the WOODr4 firmware, i get "Could not fatInitDEFAULT" error

-saves as .nds.sav. this SAV format is partially compatible with the native R4 firmware, but is not hot-swappable and corrupts if you rename

-VERY SLOW FIRMWARE due to numerous bugs. it struggles to save files in more than 5 seconds (due to the R4's lack of NAND Flash)

MASSIVE BUG ON WOODr4

I just ran chkdsk on my microSD, and it found that all the savefiles from the WOODr4 firmware were cross-linked, or otherwise linked to certain parts of the firmware, unnecessarily, which made the game run really slow. CHKDSK truncated the savefiles and removed their links. this would only be temporary, but i noticed a massive improvement after using WarioWare DIY and finding that it wasnt slow.

It also seems that WoodR4 corrupts the actual File System on the card. i use FAT16, and woodr4 changed it somehow.
unsure.gif

ziko360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi
have you guys noticed that the battery consumption has got even worst with the Wood R4 ?
with the second level of brightness (levels : 0,1,2,3), it only lasts 2 hours !
is that normal ?
and plz know that it's a new ds lite (bought it one month ago)

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pyrosurfer said:
BUGS:
-whilst playing Final Fantasy - save file + usrcheat.dat corrupted my card. Firmware does not work and cannot launch the patched DLDI driver (possibly).
When booting YSMenu from the WOODr4 firmware, i get "Could not fatInitDEFAULT" error

-saves as .nds.sav. this SAV format is partially compatible with the native R4 firmware, but is not hot-swappable and corrupts if you rename

-VERY SLOW FIRMWARE due to numerous bugs. it struggles to save files in more than 5 seconds (due to the R4's lack of NAND Flash)

MASSIVE BUG ON WOODr4

I just ran chkdsk on my microSD, and it found that all the savefiles from the WOODr4 firmware were cross-linked, or otherwise linked to certain parts of the firmware, unnecessarily, which made the game run really slow. CHKDSK truncated the savefiles and removed their links. this would only be temporary, but i noticed a massive improvement after using WarioWare DIY and finding that it wasnt slow.

It also seems that WoodR4 corrupts the actual File System on the card. i use FAT16, and woodr4 changed it somehow.
unsure.gif

Renaming the sav files does NOT corrupt the files themselves, using cheats can corrupt the save but NOT the whole card and it's firmware, the fact that you mentioned that you can't save games in less than 5 seconds leads me to believe that it isn't Wood R4 but your card, also Wood R4 cannot change the filesystem, and why would you run YsMenu anyways?

Reformat your card using SD Formatter(newest version), clean up your computer(scan for viruses, fix the registry, etc.), and try buying a better card if all else fails(you might have a cheap knock off). Wood R4 is not to be blamed for anything that had happened, the only thing you could blame is the cheats because they can corrupt the save for that game(depending on the cheats and the game, like Pokemon).

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ziko360 said:
Hi
have you guys noticed that the battery consumption has got even worst with the Wood R4 ?
with the second level of brightness (levels : 0,1,2,3), it only lasts 2 hours !
is that normal ?
and plz know that it's a new ds lite (bought it one month ago)

I wouldn't say so, I always use brightness level 3(out of 4 I believe? so that would be level 2 for you?) and my DS is fine for 6-7 hours of game play(without wifi) then again I don't time it so it could be more than that. I'd make sure you charge your DS any time you get a chance, and if it still only lasts 2 hours than try the native firmware for your Card(R4, M3 Simply, etc. even YsMenu) and see what it does.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
NDStemp said:
Can someone confirm for me if Wood R4 1.05 works online? I heard that you can't play with people with real copies of this game.

i have tried several games and i can confirm it plays online perfectly fine!

is there a software to run music files again? if not i hope next releases will support music files, thanks!

also is it hopeless to fix the issues with Mario and Sonic At The Olympic Winter Games - Adventure Tours for patched version?

Daisuke Master

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hello, I came here for 4 things:

1.- R4wood is awesome, lot of games are now working fully
biggrin.gif

2.- I've being playing pokemon FireRed through GBAexploader when I had the R4 1.18 FW, but now I want to play it with the wood gbaloader and throw away GBAexploader, but the save is not working, I'm guessing I need to convert it but I don't know how... (I have searched already)
3.- Why do I need to format the SD as FAT16? I've playing for ages (lol no, just since I got my R4) with the SD formatted as FAT32 and I had no problems (or if any problem happened then it wasn't big deal).
4.- And sorry for hijacking this thread
tongue.gif
(it's just I don't think this deserves a new thread

pilladoll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum