Hardware Working Flash Drives for Wii

dMilesFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys, I just saw there is an option to backup wii games over wi-fi, and also via usb as well. I just want to know which brands and models are accepted by the wii, and of course if it supports or not 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB or/and 16GB flash drive.

If someone could provide a list of compatible flash drive this could help not just me, maybe many more users. I'm just planning to get one cuz the wi-fi method takes lots of times, no matter if I use the fastest connection speed available on the market (wifi).

dMilesFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Richy Freeway said:
Wifi is quicker than USB for backing up.

Are you totally sure about that!? I mean, an USB flash drive speed should be greater than a wifi connection!! or its something that only applies on the Wii!???

dMilesFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
maduin said:

Thanx a lot for that link. I was checking the list but I cant find a way to search for a specific flash drive using the info on that list. Example...

Kingston Data traveler. in the list there is a number, but I tried to search that device on different websites and there is no such data available when it comes to get one flash drive, at least the websites I visited (amazon.com was one)

Some pictures could help a lot that list!

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
dMilesFox said:
Richy Freeway said:
Wifi is quicker than USB for backing up.

Are you totally sure about that!? I mean, an USB flash drive speed should be greater than a wifi connection!! or its something that only applies on the Wii!???

I'm pretty sure, you posted in the same thread that I got the info from.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=982...t&p=1687109

BUT! Sure, usb may seem a better option in certain ways, but it is MEGA slooooooow!
The USB option (from what i saw) takes about 15 seconds to get one megabyte, as apposed to network which is about 2-3 seconds per MB.
USB - 15 secs per MB = Roughly 18 hours
LAN - 2-3 secs per MB = Roughly 3 hours
So yer.. not really worth it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow