Homebrew Working NES emulators for the Acekard 2i?

cturtle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was just wondering if someone could fill me in on what's needed to get NES roms working on the Acekard 2i. I never had a problem with my R4 on my original DS, but I've got the DSi and the Acekard 2i now, and when I load NesDS all I get is black screen.

I'm assuming there must be a way, I just couldn't find it.

Thank in advance.
wink.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are you using the really old version of nesDS, which you needed to actually load the NES roms into the .nds file, or are you using the DLDI version of nesDS?

I can use NESDS just fine on Acekard 2i, I use the DLDI version.
You can find it in the Gbatemp downloads.

siriso-sama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont use akaio because when i used it i could not use my save files i already had you make new ones making you start over
stay with the official software and use the latest nesds DLDI works for me

cturtle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome, thanks guys. I think I'm using a pretty old version. It's the same one I had on my R4 about a year ago so I'm guessing it's too old.

I'll grab the DLDI version.
smile.gif

cturtle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I've tried everything, and nothing works for me. I've tried every version of NESds on both akaio and the Acekard firmware and I still can't seem to get it working. On the akaio firmware all I'm getting is a blank NESds menu, and on the Acekard firmware I get the frozen menu problem. Is there anyone else who has had this problem that can help me out here?

My acekard works great for everything else, it's just this that gives me problems.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On rare occasions I've had some issues with AKAIO not auto DLDI patching. You should thus try to manually patch Acekard2 (works with 2i) to NESds.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
siriso-sama said:
dont use akaio because when i used it i could not use my save files i already had you make new ones making you start over
stay with the official software and use the latest nesds DLDI works for me

that is user error. i've switched from official to akaio all the time. i test the compatibility between the two often. if you search my posts you will not find any complaints from said testing. could you list the specific roms by #### - name - CRC value? that way i can run tests of my own.

QUOTE(koji2009 @ Jul 18 2009, 09:10 PM) On rare occasions I've had some issues with AKAIO not auto DLDI patching. You should thus try to manually patch Acekard2 (works with 2i) to NESds.

akaio 1.4.1 dldi has issues. use the official dldi for now. the problem should be fixed for 1.5. both should be using the same dldi file but team acekard never supplied the sources to norm and smiths. as a result the akaio dldi is based off the r.p.g open source nand code (i think?).

@cturtle: i play nesds everynight, i'm addicted to an unlicensed dump of a solitaire game! i am currently using akaio 1.4.1 proper on both my ak2.1(s) and my r.p.g. do as da-bomb1 already suggested and give your kit a reformat using the panasonic formatter. when setting it back up put on akaio 1.4.1 proper repack, and try the dldi file from the official acekard firmware. just over write the akaio one with the official. it does work, you just need to work out what your issues are.

-another world

cturtle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks guys, that gives me a few things to try after work tonight.
smile.gif

Hopefully I can finally get this working. NESds is the main reason I own the Acekard.

refundgame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
Are you using the really old version of nesDS, which you needed to actually load the NES roms into the .nds file, or are you using the DLDI version of nesDS?

I can use NESDS just fine on Acekard 2i, I use the DLDI version.
You can find it in the Gbatemp downloads.
I'm having the same problem, the menu freezes when I load NESDS on my Acekard 2i.

The developer's website isn't hosting NESDS anymore, so I'm not sure what version the NESDS that I managed to find is, and I can't find this DLDI version of it on GBAtemp downloads section either. Can someone link me, please?

I tried patching it with DLDI myself, and that didn't work. I tried with Acekard+ DLDI that I got from http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/ and an ak2_sd DLDI file that was on my flash cart to begin with. I thought it would automatically patch with the acekard, but just putting the NESDS itself on the cart didn't work.

Well, correction: it has worked about 3 out of 30 times. It appears to be totally random when it decides to work. Someone told me that it could be an issue with my microSD card, that it doesn't have a high enough read speed. Is there no other way for it to work than to buy a new card? Does anyone know if there could be another reason for this, and/or if they know they have a good microSD card that they could recommend?

refundgame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT