Working wii, 3ds etc emulator on the switch?

maraxion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So im guessing the switch cant emulate the wii u, but is there anyway it can emulate these:
Wii
Gamecube
3ds
Snes

And if so whats the best way of playing games from these plattforms?

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So im guessing the switch cant emulate the wii u, but is there anyway it can emulate these:
Wii
Gamecube
3ds
Snes

And if so whats the best way of playing games from these plattforms?
nes, snes, some arcade and Gameboys you can easily play in RetroArch I was testing some n64 in it too works pretty well I think, also read somewhere that it can run PS1 ans PSP pretty good.
GameCube, Wii,3ds i don't know : p

Spiffy398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been testing GC games with lakka recently and have gotten some playable results while messing with the dophin's in-app overclock cpu settings. So far I've tested Melee (playable at 20-40% cpu overclock), shadow the hedgehog (playable at 30-40% cpu overclock), viewtiful joe (1& RHR) (playable w/o cpu overclock), Twilight Princess (sorta playable w/o overclock; lags in big areas), kirby air ride (sorta playable at 20-40% cpu overclock), luigi's mansion (playable w/o cpu overclock), and super mario strikers (playable at 20-40% cpu overclock).

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
How does the 3DS emulation fair on the Switch?
I was thinking of ordering a Flip Grip and playing some 3DS games I missed out on, like Mario & Luigi games.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How does the 3DS emulation fair on the Switch?
I was thinking of ordering a Flip Grip and playing some 3DS games I missed out on, like Mario & Luigi games.
It's good for some games, too slow for others. I can't speak for M&L but someone here probably knows how well/badly it runs. M4xw said he would add Flip Grip support but last time I checked, he hadn't yet.

Reactions: GaaraPrime

kinisonkhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy a used WiiU, it will handle NES to Wii and naturally Wii U games. I modded a Switch thinking it would handle everything my old Wii U did, but the ARM processor in the switch just isnt fast enough to handle Gamecube and Wii games. Im told that GameCube, Wii and Wii U all use the same Operating system, so GameCube and Wii run natively on the Wii U. The only drawback is that controllers are hit/miss. I bought an adapter that lets you connect Donkey Konga drums to the Wii Mote and while the drums work, the microphone in the middle doesn't.

Reactions: TheDerpyDolphin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1