Gaming Worth buying Monster Hunter?

LTK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If I don't know anybody else with a 3DS? I've also never played a monster hunter game in my life.

also are there any good JRPGS on the 3DS yet?

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how similar it is to the other MH games since I haven't played them but if it's your first then yeah it's definitely wroth a buy.

Reactions: LTK

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, Monster Hunter is an amazing game to grab for the 3DS. I can easily see how it would be a system seller for some. As far as RPG's go, the only true RPG I have at the moment is Tales of the Abyss, and that's definitely worth picking up. It's a solid Tales game with a decent story (I'm about 16 hours in right now), plenty of content, and all that Tales goodness. It isn't a super shiny port (not an enhanced port), but it's true to the PS2 version, perhaps with slightly more washed out colors. As far as Tales games go, it definitely ranks among the best, and this port is leagues better than any of the DS games.

Reactions: LTK

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a flowchart to help you decide.
3RijiBT.png

Daemauroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
demo available at eshop... ;)
I agree with tickle.my .... pickle. ( seriously what is up with this name...)

but anyway, a demo is always a good thing to try out if you're planning to buy a game but you're not sure if you would like it or not.
if not, there is another amazing game coming out indeed, bravely default, though there isn't a set release date yet, I only know that Europe gets it before NA...

other games you may be interested in are Fire Emblem: Awakening and Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor : Overclocked.
but if you don't care about fancy voice-acting and polished graphics you could go for Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor. this one is on the normal ds.

(edit: thanks to WatchGintama I found out that they released Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers.
seems pretty nice to me.)

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
demo available at eshop... ;)
There's one problem tho, the demo is absolutely shit compared to the full game. It only shows how to hunt a rather big monster, without showing everything around that - quests, collecting materials to create better equipment, multiplayer (which is really fun in this game).
I'd recommend trying the full game somehow (maybe a friend got the game), then you'll see if you like it or not, but PLEASE don't base your opinion on the demo.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
MH can give you an easy 100h+ of game play (lot of it is getting stuff to make better eq and weapons)
you may have to do the same quest over and over and over to get the 1 one item you need to make just one part of the eq set or use it to make/upgrade you one of your weapons

yes try the demo and find the weapon type(s) you like and can use well
the demo give you OPed eq for the quests you have(but they still can be hard of 1st timer), and it just a small taste of what there is in the game

i am not that good at it, but i have got a lot better at the game, in playing it

if you have a PSP try, the MHF PSP games

if you do get MH for the 3ds a CPP might be a good thing to get as it can make many thing easier

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's one problem tho, the demo is absolutely shit compared to the full game. It only shows how to hunt a rather big monster, without showing everything around that - quests, collecting materials to create better equipment, multiplayer (which is really fun in this game).
I'd recommend trying the full game somehow (maybe a friend got the game), then you'll see if you like it or not, but PLEASE don't base your opinion on the demo.
That Lagombi is annoying too. At least have a Great Jaggi or something for the beginner quest of the demo. Most people who have never played MH might go for the great sword, and you can't just hack and slash with that. Plus it's a very agile monster.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I have to agree with this. The demo was terrible. When I downloaded it on the WiiU I was like "Yeah, this is dumb, I'm not getting it." I watched some videos by Pro Jared, went out on a whim and bought the game, LOOOOVE IT! It's fantastic!

Reactions: pokefloote

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd skip MHU3 if you don't have friends to play with, or at the very least make it a secondary purchase.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
As someone who thought they hated the MH series - I say, get it now! It's a pretty big time-sink - eg. grinding for parts, getting good at hunting bigger beasties, sending your fleet of fishing boats out...

I played the MH series on the PSP - hated it because I started with the greatsword - and that is not a nice thing for beginners to use. I tend to go for the greatsword now when up against stupid aquatic monsters..

I like it...even though quests can take hours or days to complete. (I'm not very good at it, but I enjoy the learning curve!)

Reactions: DaggerV

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same. +1