Homebrew Would a Ninjhax-based PK6 (edited Pokemon) importer be possible?

mastermodr94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Waching this thread for interrest. Is anyone exploring the ROP exploit to try and highjack games in suspension?
Not me personally but I am looking into the data that the poikemon ORAS demo writes to exdata. Im on a 12 hour midnight shift so i have nothing else to do.

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The ORAS demo needs the cartridge to be inserted to transfer the data, so I doubt it writes to extdata. It probably modifies the cartridge save directly.

mastermodr94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ORAS demo needs the cartridge to be inserted to transfer the data, so I doubt it writes to extdata. It probably modifies the cartridge save directly.
If it can do that then I am also interested because it might be possible to create a .cia homebrew that directly modifies the save data.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not me personally but I am looking into the data that the poikemon ORAS demo writes to exdata. Im on a 12 hour midnight shift so i have nothing else to do.
Right on. It would be cool to modify pokemon/item transfers. However, the reason I ask is because it seems to me that it would be possible to run trainers using the ROP. this would give us the ability to edit ram for any suspended game, instead of just cheating in one specifically. It would be the first cheat method using ninjhax. I don't have the hardware atm to explore this myself, but would be interested to see how far we could get with this.

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If it can do that then I am also interested because it might be possible to create a .cia homebrew that directly modifies the save data.

The fact that .cia requires Gateway Mode and accessing retail cartridges requires Classic Mode is a problem, in that case. Else, we'd have SaveDataFiler working already, and as such no need for this tool.

flarn2006

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I haven't really looked at the extdata, but I'm pretty sure it writes the Pokemon Link data to the Omega Ruby save, considering I was able to find the nickname of the Glalie I caught in the save. Pokemon Bank may work differently though, as I've never used it.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
No pokemon written to ext data.

Poketransporter imports straight into Pokebank (cloud).
Pokebank writes straight to save's PC.

Pokemon Link (both the event celebi and ORAS demo) writes straight to save,
in an area that is not wc, but the layout of byte seems close to wc.

edit: not talking about battle videos.

flarn2006

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
For anyone still watching this thread, I don't think it's really relevant anymore, as even if this was possible (which, after checking, I don't think it is) there's now a much better way, that doesn't require any specific game (other than the Pokemon game, of course) and even works on 9.4!

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/sh...-Browser-RAM-based-Pokemon-Injection&p=195497
Indeed. I've been enjoying playing around with pkhex. The release of the spider poke importer is the first ive ever played around with hacking pokemon. But I can't figure out how to make event only poke legal. I've set all the stats to what the bulbapedia pokedex shows. But I don't know what origin game or memories to use. Still cool though.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed. I've been enjoying playing around with pkhex. The release of the spider poke importer is the first ive ever played around with hacking pokemon. But I can't figure out how to make event only poke legal. I've set all the stats to what the bulbapedia pokedex shows. But I don't know what origin game or memories to use. Still cool though.

Make sure there in the correct balls and there set to online gift with matching OT and TID from serebii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: [faaaaaaaaart] :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: OMg [faaaaaaaaaaart]... +1