ferdi-t

OP
Trophies
Website
ferdi-t.hyves.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, ,the worst case would actually to throw it away and buy a new one but hey, that's something you're prepared for once you start modding.

As for your questions, it was Fifa 12, I was on.ixtreme 1.6 and I don't have the key (tho the dude who flashed my 360 might still have it).

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it by any chance on a purple screen that says something like please insert update disc, and kind of looks like the old dash? a picture of the screen might help

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Have you at least tried to complete the update from usb? I know you tried from a cd and it didn't work for you but what about a flash drive?

ferdi-t

OP
Trophies
Website
ferdi-t.hyves.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Updating through usb was something I didn't attempt before. I tried it, but unfortunately it didn't work. But it was worth a shot, so thank you for the assistence.

I am ready to start flashing the firmware again. I opened up my pc and 360 and there's one port I can connect. I assume this is the sata-port.

Now, I'm a bit overwhelmed by the complexity of Jungleflasher. Some youtube vids mentioned specific hardware (which I don't have), and some tutorials are quite complex. So basically I am looking for something that tells me 'push this and that button´. Is there something out there? As mentioned, I'm on ixtreme 1.6, Lite-on, Phat 360, Windows 7.

Thanks!

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Updating through usb was something I didn't attempt before. I tried it, but unfortunately it didn't work. But it was worth a shot, so thank you for the assistence.

I am ready to start flashing the firmware again. I opened up my pc and 360 and there's one port I can connect. I assume this is the sata-port.

Now, I'm a bit overwhelmed by the complexity of Jungleflasher. Some youtube vids mentioned specific hardware (which I don't have), and some tutorials are quite complex. So basically I am looking for something that tells me 'push this and that button´. Is there something out there? As mentioned, I'm on ixtreme 1.6, Lite-on, Phat 360, Windows 7.

Thanks!

Unless things have changed and I did not take notice you'll need to make sure you have that hardware, also which modle lite-on do you have there were 3 used in phat model 360's. As for a decent tutorial read the pdf file that should have come with junggleflasher. It documents how to use the program for each different drive.

Is it by any chance on a purple screen that says something like please insert update disc, and kind of looks like the old dash? a picture of the screen might help

It would be nice if you could answer his question and or post a pic of what the screen looks like when you boot the 360.

ferdi-t

OP
Trophies
Website
ferdi-t.hyves.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sure. :-)

Well, it doesn't boot into the old dash, not even when I remove the hdd. The entire boot-sequence seems is overruled by the error. Here's the pic:

5k0uty.jpg

As for flashing the drive. I remember when I had it done two years ago, the guy who did it was fairly straightforward about it. All he had to do was open up the 360, hook it up to the pc, and load the firmware. Now, all this extra hardware on youtube kindof confuses me. Is this necessary for flashing nowadays, or only for drives newer than mine?

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The easiest solution for you is to put a legitimate 360 disc in that is the same game as the backup you were running the update from.

As far as flashing goes, I think you will need a probe at a minimum as long as jungleflasher can recognise your drive through the PC SATA port. I'll assume your are using the 360 to power your drive. All the other "extra hardware" just makes it easier but is not mandatory.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
As lazycus said Go rent FIFA 12 and complete the update. As for reflashing the drive don't bother with youtube until you open the system up and find out what drive you have. If you have a Hitachi,Samsung,or a Benq you won't need more than a SATA connection. If you have a Lite-on (any model) like you say you'll need more if you want it to be easier ( like the probe). Have you tried to contact the guy who originally flashed it for you?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxh52g2HP3s