Xbox Games Showcase 2023 - new Star Wars and Yakuza games announced

One of the biggest gaming events of the year is here. Microsoft's Xbox Games Showcase will be airing today at 12pm CDT, giving us a look at upcoming games for both Xbox and PC. While Microsoft has been fairly secretive about the conference, we can at least expect to see Atlus' leaked Persona reveals, along with an extended look at Bethesda's Starfield, set to take place after the event ends. Catch the event live on Xbox's official YouTube channel, or keep an eye on this thread to see every update as it comes in.

Fable kicks off the show. An in-engine cinematic trailer was shown.

South of Midnight is being developed by Compulsion Games. We Happy Few devs. Looks like stylized claymation visuals. Another cinematic trailer.

Star Wars is next. Star Wars: Outlaws is coming next year. It's a Ubisoft game, with a gameplay reveal set to take place during their conference.

Thunder Lotus's new game gets a world premiere. It's a top-down action game. 33-player co-op, no that is not a typo. 33 Immortals releases next year. Spiritfarer devs.

Payday is next. Payday 3 launches September 21st.

Persona 3: Reload gets its real deal reveal trailer.

Obsidian's Avowed gets a new trailer that shows off gameplay. Medival action RPG with magic elements.

Rare and Lucasfilm are here with Sea of Thieves. The Legend of Money Island crossover. July 20th.

Another first-party game. Microsoft Flight Simulator. Aerial firefighting, search and rescue, cargo transport, air racing, and other interactive gameplay elements will be featured. Microsoft Flight Sim 2024 is out in...2024. You'll be able to pilot a craft from Dune.

Hellblade II Senua's Saga gets an update with a new cinematic trailer.

Yakuza's studio is next. Passed out on a beach is the protagonist from Yakuza 7. It looks like this Yakuza game might be taking place in America this time. Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth will release early 2024.

Fallout 76 has more content on the way. Atlantic City is the next place featured.

Capcom has Path of the Goddess, a samurai style action game.

Car talk aplenty in this next one. Corvettes and Cadillacs and General Motors, and all sorts of other car things. GM and the developers of Forza Motorsport have lots to bring to the next game. Lots of fine-tuning. October 10 launch for Forza Motorsport.

Elder Scrolls Online is getting a new expansion on June 20th. Necrom Shadow over Morrowind.

Overwatch 2 has hero mastery. co-op events, firing range, story missions, and all your favorite heroes arrive on August 10th. New Heroes Starter pack will also be available in July.

Atlus is back with Persona 5 Tactica, a strategy RPG twist on P5. November 17.

Starfield is here. September 6th.

Rock climbing and exploring are featured in Don'tnod's next game. Jusant launches Fall 2023.

A cell-shaded action game with sword combat, puzzles, and ziplines is in Dungeons of Hinterburg coming next year.

Cyberpunk 2077's DLC is here, along with Keanu. Phantom Liberty sees the return of Johnny Silverhand and V. September 26, 2023. Lots of gameplay and cinematics shown.

The next game is a city building game. Make your city yours with many planning and customization options. This is Cities Skylines II, coming October 24th.

Studio Zero and Atlus take the stage here. A fantasy drama much in line with Shin Megami Tensei. Metaphor: Re Fantazio is out next year.

The Banner Saga developers have a new game. It's a co-op adventure game. Towerborne is out 2024.

InExile has a steampunk game. Clockwork Revolution, coming in due time.

Phil Spencer. He recaps the showcase, says that there's better stock for Xbox Series consoles, and now, he's advertising the new storage options for Xbox consoles with a new Xbox Series S with 1TB. $349. September 1st.

Starfield Direct kicks off.

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn. There was a little slow point in the middle with ESO and OW2 but the rest of the show was banger banger banger. Starfield looked great too. Easily going to be the next Skyrim that people are going to be playing and modding 15+ years later. Great show. GG.

• Wow
Reactions: eternal

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hellblade should've just stayed dead.

The only exciting games had already been accidentally revealed - those being the Persona games. Everything else...bleh.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just the day I needlessly bought a used Xbox Series X for 300 bucks they showed some games I might try out once through game pass.

Sea of Thieves x Monkey Island got me and my gf curious, though.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
damn i was hoping star wars outlaws wasnt a woman's journey game. not trying to play woke star wars.
Jesus fuck so….”woman protagonist” means “woke?” Guess Metroid is woke too then. How about the Guardian Legend on NES? Perfect Dark? Guess Alien franchise is woke too

I’m not going to “inflame” to get this removed by goddamnit you need to stop being so fucking close minded and or jaded towards women

Edit: he’s gone folks. Don’t engage with the brainrot.

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus fuck so….”woman protagonist” means “woke?” Guess Metroid is woke too then. How about the Guardian Legend on NES? Perfect Dark? Guess Alien franchise is woke too

I’m not going to “inflame” to get this removed by goddamnit you need to stop being so fucking close minded and or jaded towards women
Lol inflame to get removed. who do u think u are?

U dont understand woke so go cry in a safe space corner and get upset because people dont have the same tastes as u. Theres tons of games I've played with a woman as the lead. They aren't specificly designed in bulldog d status like this game went for. Generally Disney and KK have been pushing this for "force is female" bs for a while. so unless u know and understand the topic just go sit in ur corner and cry a fowl. and if u do understand shame on u for not accepting that alot of people are never going to be forced to like things that they dont see as natural. real women get my respect and admiration.

populustree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The woke never know they are woke.which is woke in itself.
is this "woke" in the room with us right now?
5gpg7u.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?