Hardware Xbox HDMI output is scrambled

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before throwing your 360 into the trash, get a different HDMI cable and see if that fixes it. I've had something similar happen turned out to only be a bad HDMI cable. Hope that helps.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Before throwing your 360 into the trash, get a different HDMI cable and see if that fixes it. I've had something similar happen turned out to only be a bad HDMI cable. Hope that helps.

see

I tried on a different TV to no avail as well as with a different cable.

OP already tried a different cable and a different telie.
It's got to be the 360's fault by then

Reactions: 1 person

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I finally got the dang thing back. Took a little longer than the estimated 16 days but whatever. The shipping box it came back in was disconcerting. It looked as if someone dropped it on the ground a few times and then dropped a metal pipe on it. Luckily, the Xbox survived without any extra damage. It looks like they gave me back the same one. It has just one scratch on it where I remember I scratched it before. It's either the same Xbox or a different one with the same outer case. Either way would alright with me because the main thing I was worried about was getting back someone else's that was beat the heck. Anyway, the worst part is that they didn't do the liberty of transferring over my offline profile. I don't ever get on live so I just use an offline profile and so I lost all my achievements and game saves. Not that I give a crap about achievements but I have restart all the games I was working on :/ Oh yeah, and they gave me a month of Live that I'll never use.

Could've been worse, could've been better. Now, time to go restart Arkham City...

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You haven't even backupped your GT and gamesaves on a USB drive?
Or took the HDD off?

No offense but that is kind of your fault.

However I'm glad that you got your 360 back.
Wasn't a Slim as I thought but at least you got a working one back!

Bobbyloujo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have an HDD. I was still just using the little bit of storage memory that was built in to console. Eh, whatever. It's no big deal. Most the games that I didn't have finished I had only started so I didn't lose much there. I don't really care about the ones that I did have finished because I don't care about achievements and the like.

But yeah, it's working again. Strangely, when I move it around I hear a rattle as if there's something loose inside that's moving around. Also, and this could just be my imagination, but it seems like it's louder. Like the fan is making more noise than usual. Then again, Xboxs tend to be loud. Do you think I should be worried about any of this?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ah I see.

Hmm to bad );

The little rattle is normal.
I got that on all 3 360's and pretty much every 360 I ever flashed/jTAGged/RGH'd has a rattle.

If it's pumping out warm air then it's a good thing.
Means that their doing their job of removing hot air from the console ;]

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
speaking of that rattle
the 360 that my cousin sent in, it rrod after a few weeks, and he gave it to me to fix, it was also rattling
turns out the rattling was the steel bumper that goes on each side of the dvd drive, it was under the motherboard and kept shorting it out, it had all burn marks on it, the other bumper was missing

Bobbyloujo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The little rattle is normal.
I got that on all 3 360's and pretty much every 360 I ever flashed/jTAGged/RGH'd has a rattle.

If it's pumping out warm air then it's a good thing.
Means that their doing their job of removing hot air from the console ;]
I do feel warm air coming out of the back so I guess it's all good. Thanks for being so helpful.

speaking of that rattle
the 360 that my cousin sent in, it rrod after a few weeks, and he gave it to me to fix, it was also rattling
turns out the rattling was the steel bumper that goes on each side of the dvd drive, it was under the motherboard and kept shorting it out, it had all burn marks on it, the other bumper was missing
Welp, mine's not shorting out or malfunctioning in anyway so I don't think that's it.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the normal rattle is due to a ball type tilt sensor, the upper left led is player 1 no matter if it is standing horizontal or vertical.
It's also common to see protruding plastic that help locks into the motherboard case broken and rattling inside.

Bobbyloujo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah! I forgot about that sensor. I always thought it was silly that they put it in there just so that the lights would be oriented the same way when it was tilted on it's side... haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch