Not Dead Yet
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to lock this topic.
I've already noted everything that was reported here, but it's too hard to keep track of everything if it's all in the same topic.

From now when you find a bug, please post a new topic for it. Don't forget to use the "NEW" tag so we immediately see it's a bug report ;)

------------------------

This thread is for reporting any bug or annoyance that you find
or to ask for help in post formatting while we all get used to XenForo.

We are quite aware that some of the old IPB bells and whistles are gone.
Some of them will be brought back later, and some will be gone forever.
We ask that you do not gripe about this. Nobody is precisely 'happy' about it.

While this forum software change was forced by an unpleasant occurrence,
it isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Keep looking around, try out the features and options of XenForo, and we'll all learn the quirks of it together.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
1. When viewing a thread, the date in the orange part of the title bar sometimes is too large, the width of the orange div isn't large enough

2. when replying to a thread, there is a slight bug in the forum's recent thread box. The avatar of the last poster doesn't show, instead its the avatar of the person who *started* the thread.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, didn't notice this thread.
The followers/following thing doesn't work.
My edits doesn't work when I revisit a thread, at least for me it doesn't.

corenting

Trophies
Website
www.corenting.fr
XP
Country
France
  • Some overlapping with search box :
ZSSgq.png

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
These should all be in here. But overall you've surmised the issues that I personally wanted to address.
In regards to the issue with HTML, it's actually severalfold and not as simple as it appears. The way IP.Board handles BBcode is by replacing them with their respective HTML elements in the database, converting back to the appropriate elements upon edit. As a result, many other BBCode intensive posts may have been 'broken' by the import process, and this is something that will need to be fixed manually, unfortunately.
However, a much more immediate issue is that actual HTML that already exists within certain posts doesn't appear to be rendering correctly. Whether or not this is related to IP.Board's "HTML feature", I don't know, but it might prove an issue in the long-run. As an example, my embedded Pastebins in the IRC Staff Forum are no longer visible, and the TempCast's Player appears to have disappeared.
On a side-note: I do not know whether or not the ability to post HTML still exists (or, if it has yet to be re-implemented), but it has proven to be extremely useful (even to me) and it'd be greatly appreciated. If necessary, HTML Whitelisting can be implemented via HTMLPurifier.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The lack of... privacy, so to say.
EDITED : It just feels a bit awkward that a person can see what another was doing, how long ago, what they liked, how many likes they have.
http://gbatemp.net/account/privacy
?

I went through and tweaked some of my profile settings almost first-thing on logging in, like not letting people know when I've last viewed their PM (so they don't get impatient while I'm off posting in another tab, for example).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
corenting already took part of it but several youtube tags are iffy at best (some of the really old ones like the youtube video ID options had been broken before the upgrade though). Also many of us had got used to the youtube autoparser but that is not so bad as it just leaves a URL, for a nice example of the mix have a poke around through the

My main two problems would be the topic tags are missing- if I ever had runs of features or threads likely to be of similar topic (release posts to games that have hype/discussion threads and such) I would use them as a search.

Second and it probably serves me right for using a deprecated feature back on IPB was that the title command ( [title:sometext] ) of the spoiler box no longer works.

Other than that the new forum is fast as anything which will certainly help me get used to the new skin (GBAtemp v3 was a bit slower than V2 although I eventually tweaked things which made it fast) and everything you are probably already aware of ( http://gbatemp.net/newgon/ gone, ask gbatemp links not working, the old HTML <area> stuff in the title bar being gone). I will probably have to get used to the new reply box (it keeps existing formatting which I sometimes dislike), but that is neither here nor there.

If I click the alerts button in a thread some of the text of the thread below pokes through. I will have to check that it is not my paranoid security settings doing that though.

I should also note threads I had followed as just a notification now email me instead, I do not mind and could get my preferred behaviour back after a bit of fiddling*, but in the interest of staying on the good side of spam filters and given the old forums had people that used the "follow every thread I post in" option that might not be ideal. How you play this is up to you although for myself I would not mind having to add email notification to various threads and as long as they were still followed it is surely all good so a site wide "regression" to site only notifications could work.

*I checked through the proper notifications and did not see anything, in the thread itself there was not a lot but unfollowing and refollowing gave me a checkbox to receive emails.

If we are going truly minor the likes counter in pre v4 threads says "1 people like this." for those posts that just one person has liked, but there are bigger problems than truly minor grammatical errors right now (I would probably think about changing the wording rather than coding up something that will spit out a different message as plurality demands).

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/account/privacy
?

I went through and tweaked some of my profile settings almost first-thing on logging in, like not letting people know when I've last viewed their PM (so they don't get impatient while I'm off posting in another tab, for example).

I think she's referring to the fact that people can always see your activities. There's no way to keep it completely private; it's just between everyone, members only, or friends only.

PG is just suggesting there should be a "Just Me" option for these sorts of things.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thread previews on the main page force the page to expand (on a 1360x768 display as well as a 1920x1080, which is even more affected). After moving the mouse down to do a horizontal scroll, the preview disappears and the page returns to normal width. Your only option is to use the arrows to horizontal scroll or use a mouse that is equipped with horizontal tilting.

Also, on the user info box in each post, "Post Count" is labeled as "Message Count".

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When browsing the site in a window the search box sits right on top of and blocks the whole "[username] inbox alerts logout" section near the top right of the page. It isn't blocked when switching to fullscreen, but I don't like to browse fullscreen so this is kinda annoying. At first I was going nuts looking for how to get to my settings and preferences etc until I finally thought to see what happened if I went fullscreen.

corenting

Trophies
Website
www.corenting.fr
XP
Country
France
Like FAST6191 said there are some bugs with the alerts :
bug.png

Edit : ninja'ed by Rydian :D

Edit 2 : I think it's more a feature than a bug but is normal that when I'm not logged I cannot see signatures ?

Edit 3 : I had to edit my Plus Ou Moins DS post because there was a quote from the readme which was broken (using the quote bb code on V3 you could quote an existing post or just say quote=something and it was displayed, which was broken in XenForo with my quote=readme)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
- In my signature, not all links were imported (I had links on the brown colored texts), it didn't have a special formating except for the color. It also skiped the linefeed. (I had it on two lines, now all is on the same one).
- ws.gbatemp.net is missing too

Already reported, but still:
- "quote=", "osquote=", and "title:", were great. I hope to see them back soon (and what would be nice is if you can parse all the old posts to fix them without us editing our old messages manually :D)
- html posts not parsed (example)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to...