ROM Hack Xenoblade 3 SaveData Editor

Tolin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@jim972329667
Updated lists for Key Items and Accessories... Wave 3 is interesting and will require a patch for Item 793 - only one item id is used for the item crafting mechanic, looks like, so there's something else being tracked there.
Same with the class list, which doesn't read properly under the current release so I can't tell the class ID of the Wave 3 class.

Attachments

• XC3-ItemNumbersAndNames - Key Items.tsv.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 98
  • XC3-ItemNumbersAndNames - Accessories (1).tsv.txt
    22.3 KB · Views: 127

najizhimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Caution!

in game v1.3 if we use the v0.4 save editor to modify the accessory page will cause the new mechanic "accessory upgrade" page into crash.
save will be permanent corrupted if you dont have a backup or until the author update the editor

I've test it twice on hardware, modifing accessory quantites or adding new accessory through editor will lead to the upgrade page crash.
other item tweaking is ok, only the accessory page cant, even with the latest list from @Tolin

Last edited by najizhimo,
Reactions: RichardTheKing

JamesNaruto12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah found out trying mod in 30 Archsage's flower pins and ID 805 but atleast I got 6 for my main characters I think you got to do it before you make crafted accessories

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Caution!

in game v1.3 if we use the v0.4 save editor to modify the accessory page will cause the new mechanic "accessory upgrade" page into crash.
save will be permanent corrupted if you dont have a backup or until the author update the editor

I've test it twice on hardware, modifing accessory quantites or adding new accessory through editor will lead to the upgrade page crash.
other item tweaking is ok, only the accessory page cant, even with the latest list from @Tolin
Is it possible to hex-edit the save? I know I've had to hex edit the XC: DE save, since there's no editor for that (afaik) so if needed hex editing the XC3 save could be a possibility, if the address range and data structure are known.

Also, thank you for the warning; much appreciated.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Caution!

Ooh, that's not great; cheers for the alert, najizhimo.

Would it remain corrupted if I edited an old postgame save from last year, then started NG+?

Tolin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(For clarity on item 793 - every item crafted under the new crafting mechanic has the same item ID.)
Good to know it doesn't play nice on hardware... I've only tested via emulator with these and didn't run into any save corruption issues, thankfully.

najizhimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Ooh, that's not great; cheers for the alert, najizhimo.

Would it remain corrupted if I edited an old postgame save from last year, then started NG+?
well it's a bit difficult to find out since you have to wait until chapter 6 to unlock the craft system...

Is it possible to hex-edit the save? I know I've had to hex edit the XC: DE save, since there's no editor for that (afaik) so if needed hex editing the XC3 save could be a possibility, if the address range and data structure are known.

Also, thank you for the warning; much appreciated.
I just dont know, but I assume using breeze or edizon to edit quantity in game is totally fine, even with the craft accessories since I've already used Eiffel2018's cheat to get the same item 3 times.

By the way, the corrupted test "modifing accessory quantites or adding new accessory", the accessory I've modified are all old exsisting items (ex.Chaotic Memory), not the new craft items.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
well it's a bit difficult to find out since you have to wait until chapter 6 to unlock the craft system...

I just dont know, but I assume using breeze or edizon to edit quantity in game is totally fine, even with the craft accessories since I've already used Eiffel2018's cheat to get the same item 3 times.

By the way, the corrupted test "modifing accessory quantites or adding new accessory", the accessory I've modified are all old exsisting items (ex.Chaotic Memory), not the new craft items.
Which cheat did you use? "Items, Coins, Ether and Money multiplier"? Does it also work for, say, the Legacy of the Seven accessories, which are otherwise one-a-playthrough?

FifteenWang

Trophies
XP
Country
China
When I try to change the skill, after I save the change and open the game again, it seems like some skills can not be saved. Like I want to put some speical arts in the art slot 3 of the swordfighter for noah, and the change can not be completed. By the way, is there any possibilites to change the right side arts in future version save editor? Really appreciate you guys! This is an excellent work!

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I used this save editor(https://github.com/turtle-insect/Xenoblade3/releases) to give myself more Archsage's flower pins and it work just update you accessories text on it using Tolin post
Too bad there's no way to sort Accessories by ID...leaving you to manually find the right item, if you already have at least one obtained. Which gets tedious when you've got hundreds of Accessories already.

Still, that does work; I can back that point up.

Reactions: JamesNaruto12

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Soi soi soi rofl rofl rofl