Gaming Emulation Misc Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Emulator/Etc Discussion

AZURE_

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
New here but I was wondering if anyone knows if there's a fix for the vertex explosion issue with Yuzu when using Vulkan on AMD

Attachments

• unknown_2023.05.10-16.57.png
    unknown_2023.05.10-16.57.png
    2 MB · Views: 51

edale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New here but I was wondering if anyone knows if there's a fix for the vertex explosion issue with Yuzu when using Vulkan on AMD
Sadly, you'll need to use OpenGL for the Pentalas region, and you'll get better OpenGL performance on Ryujinx.
Yuzu with Vulkan is better literally everywhere else in the game though.
Post automatically merged:

Does anyone know if the cheats work with v2.0.0 update and DLC 4, regardless of patched/unpatched status (with SAK) ?
With both the 2.0.0 update and the 4th DLC update patched, I was able to use cheats and mods with no problems.

Last edited by edale,
Reactions: edgydog1982

edale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thanks !
One warning however, If you use the 'item pickup distance' cheat, when you get to a very recognizable colony near the start of Chapter 3, turn that particular cheat off until AFTER you've gotten quests off the quest board.

It's possible to get the "wedding ring" quest item with that cheat before accepting the quest, which will cause the game to freeze once you accept the quest.

Reactions: edgydog1982

edgydog1982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
One warning however, If you use the 'item pickup distance' cheat, when you get to a very recognizable colony near the start of Chapter 3, turn that particular cheat off until AFTER you've gotten quests off the quest board.

It's possible to get the "wedding ring" quest item with that cheat before accepting the quest, which will cause the game to freeze once you accept the quest.
Thanks for the advice !

To be honest, I only tried 2 cheats, [Moon Jump] and [Fall Damage -1] but it froze the game at the loading screen, after selecting a save file, hence my first question.

WiWiVi

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
same here,
if use OpenGL, the game can play, but fps drop randomly

it seems some cloud or water placed in wrong area

Last edited by WiWiVi,

zergslayer69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little late to the party. Currently on 1.1.0 because that's the latest version that has cheats available. Has anyone been successful with getting gameplay cheats working on yuzu? Seems the game locks up no matter what cheat I use. Only the graphical cheats are working fine (looks so good in 4k) but anything that alters the gameplay doesn't work. Do I need a certain setting to be on/off to help with cheat compatibility?

SupaPat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm a little late to the party. Currently on 1.1.0 because that's the latest version that has cheats available. Has anyone been successful with getting gameplay cheats working on yuzu? Seems the game locks up no matter what cheat I use. Only the graphical cheats are working fine (looks so good in 4k) but anything that alters the gameplay doesn't work. Do I need a certain setting to be on/off to help with cheat compatibility?
Cheats have been updated to 2.0 for a while now
https://gbatemp.net/threads/xenoblade-chronicles-3-010074f013262000.615986/

Gohanea

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello guys. I have a question, does anyone know why on Yuzu I have random vertex explosions anywhere in the game? Not only in Pentelas, it can be at any time and place very randomly. I use Intel Core I7 11800H and an RTX 3060 Laptop.

edale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys. I have a question, does anyone know why on Yuzu I have random vertex explosions anywhere in the game? Not only in Pentelas, it can be at any time and place very randomly. I use Intel Core I7 11800H and an RTX 3060 Laptop.
If that pops up, just restart Yuzu and it should go away.
If it starts happening very frequently, despite restarts, try deleting your shader cache.
Also try different GPU accuracy settings.

Last edited by edale,

dungtv

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hello everyone,
My cutscenes and sometime gameplays sometimes get stutering (especially when many npc cutscenes), I know this problem discussed before but anyone knows the best solution nowadays?
Game ver: 2.0.0, full Dlc, latest firmware & key,
Yuzu EA configure is default: Vulkan, Accuracy normal, NVDEC: GPU, Resolution 1x, AA none, Vscynce Off,...
Mod: 60fps (it's not bc of the mod, the gameplay is smooth, it happened before I install the mod)
Thanks friends!

edale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,
My cutscenes and sometime gameplays sometimes get stutering (especially when many npc cutscenes), I know this problem discussed before but anyone knows the best solution nowadays?
Game ver: 2.0.0, full Dlc, latest firmware & key,
Yuzu EA configure is default: Vulkan, Accuracy normal, NVDEC: GPU, Resolution 1x, AA none, Vscynce Off,...
Mod: 60fps (it's not bc of the mod, the gameplay is smooth, it happened before I install the mod)
Thanks friends!
CPU and GPU on your PC?

You could try raising Yuzu's process priority in Window's Task Manager to "high":
-Open the Task Manager.
-Go to the Details tab, and scroll all the way to the bottom. One of the last processes should be "yuzu.exe". (the default is to have it sorted by name)
-Right-click yuzu.exe, and select "Set Priority" < "High".
-Click "Change Priority" on the resulting dialog box.
This will need to be repeated every time you restart Yuzu.

dungtv

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
CPU and GPU on your PC?

You could try raising Yuzu's process priority in Window's Task Manager to "high":
-Open the Task Manager.
-Go to the Details tab, and scroll all the way to the bottom. One of the last processes should be "yuzu.exe". (the default is to have it sorted by name)
-Right-click yuzu.exe, and select "Set Priority" < "High".
-Click "Change Priority" on the resulting dialog box.
This will need to be repeated every time you restart Yuzu.
thanks! the lastest Yuzu EA feels smoother, no wonder everyone here use it xD
btw which mods give increasing resolution ( and its also stable)?
is it like that
normal 1x < 1080p < 2k < emulator scale enabler
Haven't seen 2k implemented yet

edale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks! the lastest Yuzu EA feels smoother, no wonder everyone here use it xD
btw which mods give increasing resolution ( and its also stable)?
is it like that
normal 1x < 1080p < 2k < emulator scale enabler
Haven't seen 2k implemented yet
Yea, Yuzu had some rather huge performance gains from some of the more recent builds.

3 options for resolution mods:
-Disable Scaling + 2K (Yuzu set to render at 1x)
-Disable scaling + 1080p (Yuzu set to render at 1x)
-Emu Scaler Enabler (Yuzu set to render at what you want it to render at; disable scaling already part of mod)

All 3 setups should be stable.

dungtv

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Yea, Yuzu had some rather huge performance gains from some of the more recent builds.

3 options for resolution mods:
-Disable Scaling + 2K (Yuzu set to render at 1x)
-Disable scaling + 1080p (Yuzu set to render at 1x)
-Emu Scaler Enabler (Yuzu set to render at what you want it to render at; disable scaling already part of mod)

All 3 setups should be stable.
Isn't that the default state 1x 1080p? (they write in resolution: 720p/1080p)
and the 2k for v2.0.0 isn't implemented yet right?
and which takes more cpu/gpu resources in order?
thanks

edale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't that the default state 1x 1080p? (they write in resolution: 720p/1080p)
and the 2k for v2.0.0 isn't implemented yet right?
and which takes more cpu/gpu resources in order?
thanks
I thought 1080p was the default state when dynamic scaling wasn't involved too, but the existence of the mod seems to say otherwise...

The higher the resolution, the more resources. So from least to most:

1080p

And then Emu Scaler Enabler depends entirely on what you've set Yuzu to; it'll use a lot more resources at x6 than at x2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3